Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 22:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom_ariel View Post
there was a v12 s600 also? whose?
The owner of the School Mr. Ambani himself. There were three S500's, GL and a whole lot of other cars, that my father did not take pictures off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The R class is based on the ML and GL platform but the footprint is the same as an S class. Looks better in the metal (I do not say it looks good!). Mercedes were trying to guage the market for something more up market in the MPV segment - folks awitch to Cayennes at that price point but timing as wrong and maybe positioning
I could not agree more Ajmat. Pictures dont do justice to it, but in the metal it does not look that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Yeah the design does look like DC was involved!
Waiting eagerly for the next first! I just hope its what I am thinking!
Ok let me give you a hint. Its AMG meets Brabus (Models you can guess). That is if i can get the owners to lend me their cars.
Old 17th November 2008, 01:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Ok let me give you a hint. Its AMG meets Brabus (Models you can guess). That is if i can get the owners to lend me their cars.
Not fair Speedy!! Now I'll keep on thinking about it..Oh please God I hope the lucky owners agree!
Old 6th May 2011, 13:13   #18
BHPian

Re: Mercedes R Class

A friend spotted this R 350 at the foodmall while coming back from Pune

Mod Note : Blanked licence plates from post.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes R Class-kj201070.jpg  

Mercedes R Class-kj201071.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th May 2011 at 14:10.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 13:18   #19
BHPian

Quick Design Review of Mercedes-Benz-R-Class

The R-Class isn’t to be confused with the Mercedes Viano van that was available in the country long time ago. In fact it is a completely different product line – more car-like than a van. It was primarily meant for the American market, but with almost all its models available in the country, Mercedes has brought the R-Class to India. At first sight, this looks like the most unlikely Merc for India as it remains an MPV at the heart. But then we Indians were never subjected to an MPV six times the price of a regular Toyota Innova and the R-class could be what (rich) Indian families were waiting for.

As you would expect from it, the three-pointed star on the front grille gives the R-class presence and guarantees attention by bucket loads. The car is huge in all respects but thanks to contemporary styling, it has a very dynamic profile.
The best part about the R-Class’s frontend is the pronounced bonnet which is not like the sloppy units we’re used to seeing on MUVs. The R-Class received an update for 2011 and now gets an e-Class inspired arrow-like front end. The eye-shaped headlamps look very stylish and stare you right in the eye. Then there is the big Mercedes grille, which is now finished in glossy black and chrome. The bold grille adds bulk to the front while the bumper with its large air dam and a skid plate underneath adds a bit of ruggedness. Thin strips of LEDs for daytime driving lights add sophistication to the design.
There is no hiding the bulk of the car when viewed from the side. The doors are large, especially the rear ones and have been made so to allow easy ingress and egress even for the third row. A slanting, prominent waistline adds some drama to the side profile. Chunky 18-inch multispoke alloys accentuate the looks even more.
The car has a nicely sloping roofline that goes really low at the back. This, and the sharp rakish quarter panel window at the rear do their best in hiding the big van that the R-Class actually is. In fact, it looks like a big shooting brake. Apart from that the petal shaped tail lamps add a touch of style but look very feminine. The nicely designed slim, chromed exhaust tips look hot.

To sum it up, the R-class is a distinctive looking MPV with a hint of sportiness and elegance at places. The core of the matter still remains the three pointed star that will earn you respect wherever you arrive in it.

Last edited by Racer_X : 29th June 2011 at 13:23.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Saw the same Silver R-class in pune. I kinda like the car. As speedy said, it looks real good in flesh. It was going towards teh expressway, i think it is the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks