Team-BHP - AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/49575-amg-teaser-mercedes-amg-models-sl63-e63-c63-s65-slk55-cls63.html)

wait a lil more, as I photo graph a:

black SL 63 AMG
E 63 AMG
C 63 AMG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1066741)
wait a lil more, as I photo graph a:

black SL 63 AMG
E 63 AMG
C 63 AMG.

How and from where? Are the aforementioned cars on display?

Nice !

I was expecting ecks SL63 to be the first one, but this is quick !
However I don't see the point of importing an E63 so late in it's lifecycle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1066784)
Nice !

I was expecting ecks SL63 to be the first one, but this is quick !
However I don't see the point of importing an E63 so late in it's lifecycle.

These cars are probably on display. Could be sold too.

You know, I was thinking that , if I purchase a car , it should be a collectors item. Now the SL63 starts at 1.67 cr and with good options, including the AMG performance package , it tops at 1.90. Yet its 0 100 time is 4.6 seconds.
Now at the price range , one enters the GT2/F430 range.

The C63 , starting at 76 lacs , tops at 1 cr and gives a 0 - 100 time of 4.5 seconds.

Point is that I am now thinking of the 997.2 (IInd generation) Turbo in Nordic Gold paint that should be in the market by March of next year.

Not to hijack this thread. Hope to see good pictures!

Ecks- The SL63 is pricey, no doubt. But personally if i already had a Porsche Carrera i would prefer some variety. Having driven the 63AMG, i can vouch for it's grunt and performance to be excellent. Very different from a porsche, although both are par excellence in their own styles.
I believe you had mentioned the SL63 would be your daily drive, in that case wouldn't a Porsche Cayanne Turbo be more practical and stress free. You can always spurce it up with a gemballa kit,upgrades,etc to hit 100km/hr in 4.5 seconds.

Ecks i would agree with sahil here. It makes no sense getting another 997.2 after owning one in the past. It would just come in as a replacement. If you want the power and the car to be an everyday driver as well then The Cayanne Turbo S is the one you want. Its 550hp, 750nm torque and does 0-100 in 4.8 sec. This would again remain exclusive and yet blend in. You can add the gemballa kit like Yohan has done and add some more power to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1066905)
Ecks- The SL63 is pricey, no doubt. But personally if i already had a Porsche Carrera i would prefer some variety. Having driven the 63AMG, i can vouch for it's grunt and performance to be excellent. Very different from a porsche, although both are par excellence in their own styles.
I believe you had mentioned the SL63 would be your daily drive, in that case wouldn't a Porsche Cayanne Turbo be more practical and stress free. You can always spurce it up with a gemballa kit,upgrades,etc to hit 100km/hr in 4.5 seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1066937)
Ecks i would agree with sahil here. It makes no sense getting another 997.2 after owning one in the past. It would just come in as a replacement. If you want the power and the car to be an everyday driver as well then The Cayanne Turbo S is the one you want. Its 550hp, 750nm torque and does 0-100 in 4.8 sec. This would again remain exclusive and yet blend in. You can add the gemballa kit like Yohan has done and add some more power to it.

Well said , brothers. The porsche would go for sure if I wish to take the Turbo dive.
The thing with the Cayenne is that I think it looks like a duck! And if I had no choice but to get an SUV, I think my brothers here know whats on my mind. The BOWLER NEMESIS !

Now as for the daily drive aspect of my next purchase. As far as DD'ability, easy service ,fun , noise and comfort would be key factors.

So :

C 63 - NOISE/FUN/COMFORTABLE/FAST/EASY SERVICE
Cons - Still a four door

SL 63 - NOISE/FUN/COMFORTABLE/FAST/EASY SERVICE
Cons - Not value for money at a whooping 1.90 (not on road!)

997.2 TT - FUN/FAST/Comfortable for two/Value for money
Cons - not as noisy as the aforementioned/will be sent to delhi for service

The order would be placed in January or so and I need all the assistance I can get . And here lies the catch. Whatever car I am convinced on buying, I'll ensure that I personalize it in such a fashion that on one side of the door it says 'KDS' (as expected) and on the other ..... 'TBHP'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1066905)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1066937)

Guys, I am dead sure that KD won't lay his hands on a Cayenne, cause he had already stated somewhere that to him the Cayenne looks like a duck!

the first teasers
12 cars just unloaded from the truck
more photos to come of S 65, SLK 55, CLS 63 etc
ot: good way for a 200th post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecksreturns (Post 1067054)
Whatever car I am convinced on buying, I'll ensure that I personalize it in such a fashion that on one side of the door it says 'KDS' (as expected) and on the other ..... 'TBHP'

lol: Good idea !

I think the Cayanne with a gemballa kit riding on 20+inchers looks superb. But then looks are a personal choice.
There still is one SUV that I'm really looking forward to seeing here, and it does have a hefty price tag so it defiantly wouldn't become common like the Q7 3.0 TDi, its the V12 diesel Q7... with 1000nm of torque, its sheer madness.

@sidindica: Nice pics ! When are the protective sheets coming off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecksreturns (Post 1067054)
997.2 TT - FUN/FAST/Comfortable for two/Value for money
Cons - not as noisy as the aforementioned/will be sent to delhi for service

And here lies the catch. Whatever car I am convinced on buying, I'll ensure that I personalize it in such a fashion that on one side of the door it says 'KDS' (as expected) and on the other ..... 'TBHP'

I agree looks are a personal choice so not much can be done with the power if you dont like what you see. In this case since you seem a little excited with the 997.2 TT, and you would be personalising it. You can get the sports exhaust in the personalisation thing. Now you would have the noise as well. So you have a winner. You can also have a look at the R8, since it is launched here now. Then again i forget your mentioning an everyday driver. Have a look at the Camero and the Mustang. Good lookers and sufficient power.
That would be a great thing to see and something to be proud off for the Bhpian family.

@ Sahil The Q7 V12 diesel is quite a monster.

@ Sidindica Are these cars down for demo purposes or have been ordered by clients. Man imagine so much power under one roof. Can i have a pick at what i want.:D

C 63 AMG in sanidine beige

It sure is Raining AMGs!! ITs good to know we have someone who can give us Pictures of these rode scorchers the moment they arrive!! Good going Sid!!

Drool.Very good pics!!!!

C63 AMG is one angry young car!!!

E 63 AMG in indium grey