Team-BHP - Sneak peek!...first pics of the new SLK in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Sneak peek!...first pics of the new SLK in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/5003-sneak-peek-first-pics-new-slk-india.html)

Well...guys, these are the first pics that were taken of the first new SLK that was delivered in India. Its an SLK 200 K. These pics were taken last september just as we had left Nhava Sheva after clearing the car from the dock. I thoght I had lost the pics until I ju recovered them today. You can see the " foil " on the car which is removed before polishing. We stopped by a pump at Vashi to fill fuel and within 2 minutes there was a crowd around the car..lol

Hey dude ...
yet another Merc exclusive..there are quite a few of them doing rounds in Mumbai ..myself seen a (new shape)black and silver one in chembur ...old gen silver (Rohan Gavaskars) and Yellow(speed run,Mum)...well in the pics atleast the car looks pretty small ... do you how much does the SLK 55 retail for?? is it available in India ??

Well with DaimlerChrysler opening up the CBU route into India, it is possible to buy any model as long as its made in a right hand drive version. The SLK 55 AMG would cost about 85 lakhs depending upon the options.

Is this imported by Mercedes india. last time I talked to sales manager in hyd he said there was no slk 200k imported through mercedes and he can get it for 55lks on road.

Nice car man..... In the 4th pic it looks really small.. Is it kinda small...
Yet another babe from MB......

My kinda car! Looks neat and compact. Would look even better in person i believe. Hey CLS 55 how about some thing about initial driving impressions?

BTW how much does this baby cost on road here? I am gonna ask my dad for one as a b'day present! :D

Initially homoligation was required for cars only above $40,000. So when this SLK came it didnt require homologation. Soon the criteria was $40K and a petrol engine above 3000cc, so DC India are in the process of homologation. Once that happens well see more SLK 200Ks on the roads. This baby costs about 40 lakhs ex-showroom.

is that a "test" car?? its got those tapes and stickers like a "test car" so that no one would know its a SLK. Too bad they didn't know about Team BHP :)

P.S. CLS55AMG, you work at Mercedes right??

good looking car but at 85 laks hmmm not worth i say. last september ? ? ? wheres the car now then ?

Gordon : Its not a test car...the sticker u see is called "foil". It is a paint protectant which is removed before polishing and final delivery. Yes I do work for Mercedes Benz.

Jesal : 85 lakhs too exp. for a car thats quicker than a 360 modena?...lol..the car is very much in Mumbai but is not seen much because the owner barely takes it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
Gordon : Its not a test car...the sticker u see is called "foil". It is a paint protectant which is removed before polishing and final delivery. Yes I do work for Mercedes Benz.

Jesal : 85 lakhs too exp. for a car thats quicker than a 360 modena?...lol..the car is very much in Mumbai but is not seen much because the owner barely takes it out.

dont u get a sl500 at 85 laks here by the way ? ferrari comparison with a merc. thats like normal cars getting compared with a vtec here for everything and anything. hehehe. yea man no matter if quicker its just a personal view. too high pricing also u said the CLS 500 is for under that. so which one would u drool for. i say cls or sl. still say no to slk @ 85. drool on slk for under 50. :)

Quote:

I understand the SLK 55 is a much superio machine to the SL55 as it is more nimble - however where the heck can you drive it over here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG

stupid: I forgot about the "foil" possibility.

Hey guys .

Was outwith my friends on sunday to powai where i saw this babe.. so curvy , and pritty compact and so desirable just opposite Rodas. well here are some snaps of it . Sorry but totaly forgot which slk was it 200 or 500 as i was a bit tipsy topsy. But whatever that was .. awwweee .. One word.. AMAZING

Snaps are taken by my cell so u can understand bout the quality

Note from Mod: Please use the SEARCH function fo find threads relating to your topic. This will help in reducing chances of putting up similar threads

Hey Sinner want do you mean by "xxx" was there no badge behind ??? BTW theres a black one doing rounds of my area too ... surely get a pis soon