Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Spotted: Audi A6, VW Golf & VW Phaeton

Was just going back to Mysore from Bangalore and spotted the A6, VW Golf (2.0) and the VW Phaeton speeding along. All three cars had single occupants and international number plates.
They effortlessly passed me by (not too difficult since I have a Uno ). But I'm guessing they were around the 120 - 130 kmph mark.

Was not possible to take any pics at that speed. (the E71 camera sucks anyways!)

The cars were not camouflaged. Does this mean we are going to see these cars on the Indian roads soon ot this is a pre-test run and the actual vehicles are going to come 2-3 years later?

Couldn't help but admire the VW Golf though. Small and beautifully designed.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which Golf ? Mark V or IV ?
I think that this is not testing. Or else the cars would have been camouflaged. Also I believe that Golf is not coming. Golf will be against Octavia here and above Fabia, a car that itself is not very good seller.
So may be they were testing the powertrains, or suspension, but I am sure that Golf is coming here.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Which Golf ? Mark V or IV ?
I think that this is not testing. Or else the cars would have been camouflaged. Also I believe that Golf is not coming. Golf will be against Octavia here and above Fabia, a car that itself is not very good seller.
So may be they were testing the powertrains, or suspension, but I am sure that Golf is coming here.
Make up your mind. Is it coming or not coming ?

Btw, Is there some new A6 coming to India ?
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Make up your mind. Is it coming or not coming ?

Btw, Is there some new A6 coming to India ?
The above mentioned points by you are my typing mistakes. I edited and made it worse. I mean that Golf is not coming here.

Fabia is one notch lower than Golf. Fabia is very high priced, so in India we can expect that if Golf is launched then it will be priced above Fabia and this will then hit Octavia that happens to be based on Mark IV golf. So due to overpricing and overlapping, I am sure that Golf wont be coming to India soon and we will be having Golf three box version i.e. Jetta.

The new A6 will be coming to India.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:44   #5
BHPian

I did read in one of the business papers a couple of days ago that the VW plant is to be commissioned in 2009 - A year AHEAD of schedule. Also that the new golf based on the sirocco would be produced there, initially as a hatch and then expanded into a saloon.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:20   #6
BHPian

The cars you saw were A6 estate, black golf mk5 and gold phaeton.They usually go by my house.They are owned by max muller bhavan I think.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new Audi A6 in Bandra,Mumbai today! Looking gorgeous with the LED treatment.Even the new Audi A4 like rear lamps were looking awesome in the night.Has it been officially launched in India? I was not able to take a pic as i was driving.
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
The cars you saw were A6 estate, black golf mk5 and gold phaeton.They usually go by my house.They are owned by max muller bhavan I think.
I think it was a silver phaeton and a bluish-gray A6. There is a Max Mueller bhavan in bangalore too ! I thought only Delhi had one. (so much for GK) And are the cars from Max Mueller allowed to sport international plates without any specific stickers/identification marks pertaining to Max Mueller bhavan?

But I guess this can be a logical explanation
Sigh! So much for getting my hopes up!
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
all these cars are a part of long term indian road test (vw group), all the cars have an international registration, as in they can be driven in any country.

they do not belong to max mueller bhavan or anybody else , they are owned by vw.
Old 5th January 2011, 19:37   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotted: Audi A6, VW Golf & VW Phaeton

Couple of VW Phaeton's spotted around Mumbai. The pic with the yellow Beetle is snapped at the VW showroom in Dadar with a Phaeton peeking behind a Polo. The other Phaeton is snapped opposite to Trident in Colaba.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Audi A6, VW Golf & VW Phaeton-dsc06742.jpg  

Spotted: Audi A6, VW Golf & VW Phaeton-dsc06827.jpg  

Spotted: Audi A6, VW Golf & VW Phaeton-dsc06828.jpg  

Old 12th March 2011, 21:45   #11

VW-Skoda competition

Eventhough the two companies are owned by the same group, both have different profit centers. VW India wont be considering Skoda as its sister concern. And most of its models pose a direct threat to skoda products.
Like the Polo-Fabia, Jetta-Laura, Passat-Superb etc. So, if at all they plan to bring the new Golf, a car in the same segment from Skoda wont be much of an issue.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I saw the new Audi A6 in Bandra,Mumbai today! Looking gorgeous with the LED treatment.Even the new Audi A4 like rear lamps were looking awesome in the night.Has it been officially launched in India? I was not able to take a pic as i was driving.

Nope it has not launched as yet. IIRC , the launch of the next gen A6 is still some time away. Anyway, the upcoming A8,A7 and now the A6 in sequence have been spotted doing the rounds in Mumbai before their respective launches. I had spotted the new A8 around October last year in Kalina, FlyingSpur had spotted the A7 again some time last year in Juhu i think and now you spotted the A6. All of them are taking turns to move around the city i think.
Old 13th March 2011, 10:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Nope it has not launched as yet. IIRC , the launch of the next gen A6 is still some time away.
Platzda, if you didn't notice my post was dated 22nd December 2008
Old 13th March 2011, 10:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Platzda, if you didn't notice my post was dated 22nd December 2008

Oops !! You got me ! I hadnt noticed
Sorry

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks