Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 17th October 2019, 04:42   #1831

Default Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

The showrooms should get a speed limiter and electronics toggled off for demo cars. It's very simple to do them these days with the electronics in the car. That will save the hassle and the risk too to a certain extent. Most of the rich entitled brats think they are a prodigy on the road and turn off traction control when they sit inside a high-end car thinking they can control wheel spin with their non-existent skills just because they watched a highly experienced car reviewer do it. Most demo cars in our country are abused badly because we have a typical mindset that since it's not our car, we should test its limit as much as possible. Setting a rev and speed limiter will keep these habits in check.
zehhatter is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2019, 06:23   #1832
BHPian

Default Ford Mustang crash in Chennai

A few months old Ford Mustang crashed heavily in Chennai on October 5th/6th 2019.

Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-fm_1.png  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-fm_3.png  

Attached Images

rubicon is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2019, 06:54   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Mustang crash in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
A few months old Ford Mustang crashed heavily in Chennai on October 5th/6th 2019.
It appears to have hit a biker/2 wheeler before veering off to side of road.

Watch the guy in white shirt for 2 reasons, how lucky he is to escape this and how unmoved he is with a crash happening right behind him! Maybe he was shocked or didn't get time to react.
BoneCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2019, 14:55   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Worst parking technique ever!

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2019, 03:06   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
It appears to have hit a biker/2 wheeler before veering off to side of road.
Oh yeah. He did hit a 2 wheeler before crashing and it was reported by TOI.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/71470291.cms

Drunk driver hits food delivery agent before crashing into shop in Chennai
rubicon is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 00:45   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reason why the plates are missing in the last pic?
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 01:56   #1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Any reason why the plates are missing in the last pic?
That is the pic when parked outside the Pondy Bazar police station in T.Nagar, Chennai. I live close by and happened to spot it during my morning commute. Maybe the cops removed the plates after impounding the vehicle.
WhiteWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 09:37   #1838
BHPian

Default Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
So very true!

Had an experience myself, when I was helping out a colleague with car purchase. We had gone to check out Baleno for him. He was impressed with the space on offer, and requested for a test drive. The moment he started the car, it was pedal to the metal, that too on roads where he wasn't a regular (I was). Needless to say, he very quickly managed to scare the living daylight out of both myself and the sales advisor. So much so, that half way into the drive, I had to ask him to pullover and let me also drive.

Moving on to the i20 next, I asked him to go alone on the test drive, while I stayed back in the showroom. Guess, by then, it was obvious to him
Agree! For sane, sedate driving almost all cars are suitable for our roads. More important things to look at are I think seating comfort, ergonomics, view from the drivers seat for your height etc.

People in our own community too tell Ohh the Altis is very underpowered, some other car has great low end torque, the power delivery is linear, gears 2 and 3 are not so tall etc etc. But for sane, sedate driving and for top speed of 100kmph on highways all cars sold in India can do that. Each car has something to offer and there are people who bought it for just that.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote