Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 06:07   #1936
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

As if his "accident" wasn't enough already, his response in the internet has been pathetic.

Really? He clearly misjudged this so-called space he thought he could fill up amidst such a dense area, hits the truck, and now claims it as a sort of "self-sacrifice" for not hitting the cars in front, and that he purposefully swerved into the wrong lane?

I've been driving for only one and a half years, but I can make out overconfident, over-enthusastic morons trying to zoom past any sort of packed traffic, dodging the opposite cars like he/she thinks they're in a Jason Statham movie, who think they have the upper hand with their superior cars and think they can do whatever as they please. I've seen people do this with WagonRs and Swifts and that's even concerning!

There's no one but to himself to be blamed here. He tries to overtake in a prohibited lane, and expects the truck to swerve away from what is seemingly a very narrow road. The truck driver obeyed rules. Everyone else did. He didn't. He put a bunch of innocent guys in the hospital.

He tried to overtake in a prohibited lane, and it's very clear from the footages provided. This certainly WILL NOT help his case, and that's certainly a good thing. Hope some serious action is taken against him, and the truck passengers be properly compensated.

This aptly fits the "Supercar Crashes" thread : Owner over-estimates the potential of his car, drives recklessly, ends up losing control etcetera.

I'll apologise if it sounded like a rant, but his response on the social media is just:
GipsyDanger is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 06:08   #1937
Senior - BHPian

I don’t understand how people can side with social media ‘influencers’ who make themselves look like a sacrificial lamb in when they are villains in a situation.

1. With great power comes great responsibility. The driver of the mustang had no reason drive faster than the safe speed. (The presence of 2 CCTVs indicate that it is a populated area)
2. Even if he was going fast, he should have rear-ended the liva. Theory reached you that the result of rear ending someone is far lesser damaging than hitting someone else head-on
3. I’m sure he can be caught soon. For the sake of society, I hope this case is not brushed under the carpet. (Just as we’ve come to expect with many high-profile cases over the years)

Last edited by BlackPearl : 9th March 2020 at 23:12. Reason: Edited on request. Thanks.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 07:38   #1938
BHPian

Net net moral of the story is this proud reckless driver is going to be back on the road while there are indeed 2 sacrificial lambs - one - the driver of the truck who was hurt; two - the driver of the truck backing up and stopping is going to be penalised for causing this accident. Is sense of responsibility becoming something of the past now
akshays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 11:13   #1939
Distinguished - BHPian

While we analyze the two videos and share our opinions, it is important also to bear in mind the mindset of a portion of drivers (not restricted to only employed drivers but involving all people driving cars) in the state. Kerala's roads are predominantly two laned and without a divider. It is very common to find bigger and more powerful vehicles just drive on the wrong side of the road to jump ahead of the smaller vehicles in front of them, even if there is no space to overtake. I call it the slingshot move.

This is how it usually happens. Car A, a hatchback is being driven sedately and safely in it's lane. Car B, usually a SUV, is being driven by someone in a hurry and is behind car A which is behind some two wheelers. Being a two lane road, there is some incoming traffic and not enough space in front of car A, so car B cannot overtake car A easily. What car B will do is wait for some respite in the incoming traffic, pull over by the side of car A and start pulling into car A.

Now car A has only two options - start moving to the left (remember this is just a two lane road), possibly off the road but this leaves him at a high risk of running down any people standing on the side of the road or knowing down any parked cycles and scooters etc. Or car A has to brake and just allow car B enough space to jump in front of him so that the two cars dont have a collision. If by chance some other vehicle is coming from the other side, the car B driver will just flash the headlights and honk continuously and expect them to move.

Coming from a family that owns only hatchbacks, I cannot tell you the number of times that I have been in the situation of car A. Usually it is the trusty Innova or Fortuner that is car B that terrorizes everyone else on the roads. If you watch carefully, you will see car B, pull the same mindless, risky overtake on you and then subsequently in front of every vehicle in front of you. It becomes their way of driving 'normally' even though you and me will wonder how they keep playing with their lives and the lives of the others.

Back to this incident, I am sure that the gentleman who was driving the Mustang has pulled off the same overspeeding move countless times. Jump to the front of the line, flash headlights, swerve into the narrowest of gaps and zoom away after having overtaken 3 vehicles in one go. This time though, destiny caught up with him. I hope the long arms of justice do.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:04   #1940
BHPian

The CCTV is a clear testimonial.

While I was thinking of whether he had some challenges in using the brakes or was on the phone or something his - posts makes the entire road transport system in India look like a fiasco.

While the summary of the story for me "it's all about not being a stupid on the road" he made it look like "Why even F1 drivers can meet with an accident"

Hope his dad is also watching the CCTV footage

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th March 2020 at 15:16. Reason: Let's not use the beep language. Thanks for your understanding.
Old 9th March 2020, 12:10   #1941
BHPian

While the Mustang driver is getting the flak he deserves, I cannot but help think of the guy driving the truck.

What if the driver wasn't the owner and has no access to the footage we can see? What does this mean for his livelihood? I can't imagine a truck making money if it were parked and off road.

For someone painting himself as a martyr, the Mustangs driver sure missed out about what his driving could have done to the drivers livelihood.
Karthik_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:28   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_S View Post
While the Mustang driver is getting the flak he deserves, I cannot but help think of the guy driving the truck.

What if the driver wasn't the owner and has no access to the footage we can see? What does this mean for his livelihood? I can't imagine a truck making money if it were parked and off road.

For someone painting himself as a martyr, the Mustangs driver sure missed out about what his driving could have done to the drivers livelihood.
He just doesn't care. Not for the driver reversing the truck or any other vehicle around him.

His claim to fame is the sports car he drives that he thinks comes with entitlements.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 13:30   #1943
BHPian

According to his latest post, he is planning on rebuilding the same car. His only basis being “he saved me once and he’ll do it again”. With no regard to checking it’s structural integrity which is certainly compromised.

Yesterday he was talking about how he made a sacrifice to save the occupants of the Etios, and today it’s about how the car sacrificed itself to save him

There was also a mention of a “big brother” coming soon, which means he perhaps is going to buy another car as well, in addition to rebuilding this. Let’s hope it has a little lesser “strength” than the mustang.
Pegasus1134 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 15:40   #1944
BHPian

Firstly, driver drove faster.
Second fault is that he should have maintained sufficient distance with the car ahead of him.
Thirdly when the car ahead braked, he should have slowed down drastically and stopped
And finally he should not have crossed the continuous white line.
The car that was driven was Mustang is incidental. It is the driver's fault and his fault alone.

For people who says truck backing is the main culprit, i disagree. Search for defensive driving in our forum.
vennarbank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 16:41   #1945
BHPian

Also has anyone noticed that the car is actually Red .
The bonnet and front structural members are all Red Inside.
This car has been wrapped.
As far as I remember its quite difficult in kerala to modify cars especially when it comes to paint. Shouldn't it be the same as the colour in the RC book.

I'm sure that more than the driver's bad driving, the forum members are more disgusted by the attitude.
If he was such an altruistic sacrificial lamb he should have served left even if there was a wall Instead of serving into oncoming traffic.

And there was no reason the mustang shouldn't have stopped even if it was faster than the smaller vehicles unless its braking system was "modified"

Wrongs moves are most often a result of not judging the traffic before you I.e. most often people just follow the car in front front of you instead of looking far enough onto the road (when possible) and mentally preparing for the traffic.
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 20:49   #1946
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Almost every crash in this thread boils down to the driver "not being capable" or "mature enough" or "gets carried away in his showoff" , whilst trying to tame the vast amount of power that these super/hyper cars offer, especially when they are RWD. We have had so many such cases in India where teenagers/young20s boys are handed down imported powerful machines as "dads gift" - suddenly these boys think their dad's money has also endowed them with b***s of titanium as well, and the adrenaline robs of whatever leftover sense there is, in the upper floor of their self. Managing narrow escapes over many kilometers, lulls them into a false sense of machismo "im an excellent driver" , until the fateful day arrives. After the inevitable crash, most of such boy wonders lay low or are forced silent by their 'back-to-reality' parents or expensive lawyers. I sincerely hope Kerala Police and the courts hand out due punishment and extract an exorbitant amount of money as fine (to make the parent think, is it worth it to buy another such thing for my precious) , to teach all such potential "Toxins" a real lesson.

And I sincerely hope that the lorry driver and owner get compensated.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2020 at 11:07. Reason: Typo
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 00:15   #1947
BHPian

Saw the videos of the Mustang and read the heartfelt message after its demise. Kerala has single lane roads and you need to extra careful and calculative about your overtaking maneuvers. Not only in Kerala, any where in the world for that matter.

Here we see a guy who has completely miscalculated the situation, over sped, encroached some one else's space, and banged head-on to a lorry. That's as pathetic driving skill as you can get. Look at the front of the car! Before picking out on his name calling, just image if he had hit a biker or a rickshaw! Thank God there was no casualty as he hit a lorry. If he would have killed someone, his toxin would have tweeted all this "gyan" from behind the bars.

And I do support him being branded a moron, who is able to direct all the sympathies as he has hit a truck, and not a pedestrian or a biker. If you are not careful and attentive, you have no business driving.
dgogold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:52   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Almost every crash in this thread boils down to the driver "not being capable" or "mature enough" or "gets carried away in his showoff" , whilst trying to tame the vast amount of power that these super/hyper cars offer, especially when they are RWD. We have had so many such cases in india where teenagers/young20s boys are handed down imported powerful machines as "dads gift" - suddenly these boys think their dad's money has also endowed them with b***s of titanium as well, and the adrenaline robs of whatever leftover sense there is, in the upper floor of their self. Managing narrow escapes over many kilometers, lulls them into a false sense of machismo "im an excellent driver" , until the fateful day arrives. After the inevitable crash, most of such boy wonders lay low or are forced silent by their 'back-to-reality' parents or expensive lawyers. I sincerely hope Kerala Police and the courts hand out due punishment and extract an exhorbitant amount of money as fine (to make the parent think, is it worth it to buy another such thing for my precious) , to teach all such potential "Toxins" a real lesson.

And I sincerely hope that the lorry driver&owner get compensated

Apparently it seems the case is quite different here.
The parent seems to be blaming the tipper driver for operating on restricted hours(I guess there is a restricted time slot for tippers to be on road). He is also ranting against the RTO on his Facebook page.

I accidentally found these when I searched "The toxin" in youtube. I was wondering why the car's internal frame looks red even though it is of metallic paint. Turns out the car was red initially and got a paint job done later.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2020 at 11:07. Reason: Typo.
praveesh4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 11:42   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
The parent seems to be blaming the tipper driver for operating on restricted hours(I guess there is a restricted time slot for tippers to be on road). He is also ranting against the RTO on his Facebook page.
I'll try to translate the same for the non-malayalis in this forum to the best of my abilities.

He have made 5 posts related to this accident.

1. Earth is filled (happy) with people who lie whenever they open their mouths and also those who open their mouths only to lie. RTOs are interested in only meeting month end targets. Better to stay indoors to keep our lives safe. Doesn't the tipper driver know that there is a restriction on heavy vehicles during those hours?

2. Why are RTOs allowing vehicles capable of doing 300 kph in Kerala roads? Why don't you limit everything to 60 kph? ( Hint of sarcasm)

3. Share some *random channel* instead of sharing this pointless accident.

4. Post in English which clearly mentions that the car will be back on the streets with it's 'big brother'. (God help us)

5. Post above the accident video: Accident is an accident. Thank god that no harm was done to anyone. Better stop circulating unwanted rumors. It was not an overtaking attempt. He just swerved right to avoid the vehicle which braked suddenly. Increase the tax on faster cars to discourage their use. Can you? (Hint of Sarcasm?)

So the guy posted these, the driver's father is a consulting neurosurgeon. I hope he gets his head tested with another competent doctor to make sure that brain is functioning fine. Granted, he did make some valid points regarding RTOs being interested only in meeting month end targets. But he also downplayed the accident and try to brush it under the carpet. And again shifted the blame to the truck driver and the system in general. So it's the same story all over again- Not my son's fault. Hence no remorse.

Now I know why the driver made all those posts. He truly is his father's son.

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 10th March 2020 at 11:48.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 13:17   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus1134 View Post
According to his latest post, he is planning on rebuilding the same car. His only basis being “he saved me once and he’ll do it again”.

He perhaps is going to buy another car as well, in addition to rebuilding this.
What!!

I thought he is going to be in Jail. That's it is it.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks