Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 23:56   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
One more Audi incident from Nagpur..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45861258.cms
The accident aside, that has to be the best narration (only?) of a car chase I've read.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 00:25   #1022
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
Yet an another R8 V8 grimes at Sealink during Parx'15 run. Seems like Parx's revulsion with the R8s has got much more to tell
Pic Credits - Ibrahim Khan
This R8 wasn't part of the show / convoy.
The owner wanted to show off his ride unofficially and got rammed.

An i10 rammed an Audi A4, which rammed the R8.
The Audi also wan't part of the convoy and was just showing off.

More details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3620817

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2015 at 15:41. Reason: Nevermind, just saw the ensuing discussion
Old 14th January 2015, 07:25   #1023
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Another pic of the crashed R8.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-dsc03323.jpg  

Old 14th January 2015, 10:49   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The accident aside, that has to be the best narration (only?) of a car chase I've read.
Word.

I could totally re-enact that in my head,stunts and all like a Rohit Shetty movie action sequence.Infact,if he read this article i am sure he is busy writing a script for an entire movie now!
avishar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 01:21   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Fail to understand why you are terming the R8 owner as a "show off" just because he wasn't registered with SSC? If anything the people registered with SSC had their cars displayed to "show them off" quite literally and I don't mean it in a bad way.
The R8 was probably on a joy ride driving along with other cars of its like, it was an unfortunate incident and there is really no need to pass such judgements.
Sahil is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 01:34   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Fail to understand why you are terming the R8 owner as a "show off" just because he wasn't registered with SSC? If anything the people registered with SSC had their cars displayed to "show them off" quite literally and I don't mean it in a bad way.
The R8 was probably on a joy ride driving along with other cars of its like, it was an unfortunate incident and there is really no need to pass such judgements.

Oops, I didn't mean to say in a bad way either. May be the literature part of my post wasn't a neutral one.

The owner of the R8 was unfortunate to ride along with the convoy cars. Probably he shouldn't have done that if it was intentional. If he suddenly found himself surrounded by a convoy, it was his misfortune.

I would say it was a little bit of foolishness on the part of the owner to drive along with such a huge convoy with uncountable people around. Leave apart an accident, he was prone to miscreants also, isn't it ?
Since he owns an R8, I am quite sure that he was aware of the event, participate or not, his personal choice. Participation would have probably given him some security cover for his precious ride.

Again, I am not passing any judgement on the incident. Probably the owner or his known people know better about the incident than me.
Just that if I had an R8, I would have spent some money to participate in the event, and would have kept my ride under security cover, if any. I wouldn't have taken it on a personal joyride alongside a convoy or rally.
Heck, I even try to keep my humble Beat out of any procession or rallys or convoys on street.
Old 15th January 2015, 08:39   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Again, I am not passing any judgement on the incident. Probably the owner or his known people know better about the incident than me.
Just that if I had an R8, I would have spent some money to participate in the event, and would have kept my ride under security cover, if any. I wouldn't have taken it on a personal joyride alongside a convoy or rally.
Heck, I even try to keep my humble Beat out of any procession or rallys or convoys on street.
What security cover? There is no security for the convoy on the road. There is only security at the showcasing event when the cars are parked at the race course. Once on the street for the drive event you are on your own.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 11:26   #1028
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Oops, I didn't mean to say in a bad way either. May be the literature part of my post wasn't a neutral one.

The owner of the R8 was unfortunate to ride along with the convoy cars. Probably he shouldn't have done that if it was intentional. If he suddenly found himself surrounded by a convoy, it was his misfortune.

I would say it was a little bit of foolishness on the part of the owner to drive along with such a huge convoy with uncountable people around. Leave apart an accident, he was prone to miscreants also, isn't it ?
Since he owns an R8, I am quite sure that he was aware of the event, participate or not, his personal choice. Participation would have probably given him some security cover for his precious ride.

Part of the rally or not, nothing stops a car owner to drive on public roads; either as a part of the convoy or not.

Why blame the R8 owner for the accident when it clearly seems like it was the i10 owner who was a bit overzealous and / or reckless??

We've seen the way people drive in this city... Its a crime to be out on the roads in a car (R8 and/or a Beat) with these morons who shouldn't be allowed a library card, let alone a drivers license!
R32_GTR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 10:19   #1029
BHPian

Unfortunately, a Daytona 675 from Kerala met with a mishap yesterday at Kollam. From what I heard, the rider got out safe without much injuries. Hope, this little masterstroke will be back soon in all it's glory.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20150118wa0006.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20150118wa0004.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20150118wa0003.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20150118wa0001.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-20150118-10.10.10.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2015 at 12:57. Reason: Inserting images, editing text on request
E = mc˛ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 11:49   #1030
BHPian

Looks like a head-on collision! Great to hear that the rider is safe. Equally sad to see this exotic beauty in its state. Doesn't look like repairable IMHO. Even if it can be, I am not sure if it will instil the same confidence to drive as before,
TheDesertRat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 20:50   #1031
BHPian

Look at how the Alto 800 has crumpled! If an impact with a motorbike can cause this amount of damage, I shudder to think of what will happen if the accident involved a larger vehicle!

That said, hope the occupant(s) of the car in question were not injured.
Old 19th January 2015, 07:24   #1032
Senior - BHPian

The bike's a write-off, the Trellis frame's snapped right off.

The car was in the oncoming lane when the bike went and hit head on.

Good thing the rider got away without any injuries.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:37   #1033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
Look at how the Alto 800 has crumpled! If an impact with a motorbike can cause this amount of damage, I shudder to think of what will happen if the accident involved a larger vehicle!
The more the front of a car crumples and distorts, the better; as long as the passenger cabin isn't affected.

If the Alto was designed to be hard as a rock, the biker might not have been so lucky.

This is why crumple zones and plastic bumpers exist.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:47   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post

That said, hope the occupant(s) of the car in question were not injured.
This was my thought exactly when I saw the kind of Impact a super bike crash made on a car.
Perhaps the rider weighs a lot and him landing on the bonnet at higher than average velocity resulted in this. Hell! Even then It shouldn't have crumpled to such a degree...

I really do hope the Government looks into more rigorous crash tests. It's especially Important for high volume vehicles like the Alto.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:15   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The more the front of a car crumples and distorts, the better; as long as the passenger cabin isn't affected.
Totally agree with you on the need for crumple zones. But what I meant here was that if an impact with a motorbike can cause this amount of damage, it is not difficult to imagine what the consequences will be if the other vehicle is a bigger one. And we all know how safe Indian Marutis are. (No offence to anyone, I drive a K10 myself).

Sorry for going guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks