Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 01:15   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Car was abandoned in this case as well. I am really beginning to despise this fleeing attitude in crashes involving such magnificent cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why do these guys walk away from their cars, leaving it behind, after an accident? I wouldnt leave my Santro behind after an accident, much less a 2.3 Cr supercar.
The biggest reason to immediately leave after such accidents is to avoid the public uproar. Lets say, even if you are not at fault, the public will still come beat you up, break your car and blame you unnecessarily to take out their frustration and sudden anger.
A simple logic here for all is whoever is richer or has the bigger car is at fault.

Yes, leaving the scene if you have hit some person is absolutely terrible. But I think that was not the situation in the case above.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 03:31   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
The biggest reason to immediately leave after such accidents is to avoid the public uproar. Lets say, even if you are not at fault, the public will still come beat you up, break your car and blame you unnecessarily to take out their frustration and sudden anger.
A simple logic here for all is whoever is richer or has the bigger car is at fault.
I agree with cityvic completely on this part. I was also thinking about the same thing which was being discussed here. Sometimes it's not even possible for the victim to get out of the car after a crash immediately and wait till a crane arrives. Although as few people have stated earlier, some of them can be taken into consideration. But this was the most relevant answer to the car abandoning question IMO.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 08:12   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, leaving the scene if you have hit some person is absolutely terrible. But I think that was not the situation in the case above.

Then why not go to the closest police Station, or give them a call that I'm so and so, scared that the public may vent ire upon my self. I'm just calling so that you don't have rummage around records to find out who that car belongs to.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 08:21   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Then why not go to the closest police Station, or give them a call that I'm so and so, scared that the public may vent ire upon my self. I'm just calling so that you don't have rummage around records to find out who that car belongs to.
With a supercar/sportscar left abandoned. I doubt if there has ever been a single case where the the government does not know under whose name the car is registered. Yes, there are often instances where the owner crashes the car, but the chauffeur of the owner comes up and hands himself up for further consequence of the case.

With so much of tech being used in the government these days all around the country, there are several easy ways by which one can come to know about the above too which would have been difficult in the days when everything use to be done on paper.
Old 20th April 2015, 08:48   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

With a supercar/sportscar left abandoned. I doubt if there has ever been a single case where the the government does not know under whose name the car is registered. Yes, there are often instances where the owner crashes the car, but the chauffeur of the owner comes up and hands himself up for further consequence of the case.

With so much of tech being used in the government these days all around the country, there are several easy ways by which one can come to know about the above too which would have been difficult in the days when everything use to be done on paper.
That's the case with every car. Don't worry.
Even with my run of the mill fiesta, it's going to take them 7-8 minutes to check the plates/vin. I feel it's because of, mainly, the 12-18 hours of thinking time it buys.

I've nothing against anyone. In fact, I love these guys for buying such cars do that we can at least see them in the flesh once.

Anyway, off topic this is. I cease and desist!

Last edited by mayankk : 20th April 2015 at 08:57.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 09:31   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's the case with every car. Don't worry.
Even with my run of the mill fiesta, it's going to take them 7-8 minutes to check the plates/vin. I feel it's because of, mainly, the 12-18 hours of thinking time it buys.
God forbid if next time you are in a crash where a car gets immobile, request you please stay by it, check out the consequences, get back to us with a review on the same and then maybe you will agree with my thoughts.

I am only saying so because I have seen such instances in my life, where my friends have had car accidents where they had no fault, yet the public came and beat them blue for no reason.
Old 20th April 2015, 13:09   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Why do these guys walk away from their cars, leaving it behind, after an accident? I wouldnt leave my Santro behind after an accident, much less a 2.3 Cr supercar.
Quote:

Public uproar is justified (violence is not), but that too only if another life was put in danger as a consequence. If someone meets an accident and severely damages his/her own car without hitting anyone, which i am assuming was the case here, public uproar is unlikely and wouldn't solely justify fleeing unless for other causes like negative publicity, avoiding legal obligations etc. as discussed already.

Also, most of us here would agree, that supercar (or any car for that matter) abandonment is in itself disrespectful, although it is sort of Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder-thing but still counts for something.

Nevertheless, at the time of accident, reflex or panic can guide best of us, so cannot really hold too much against the driver as far as fleeing is concerned. Not being cautious with a Murcielago on public roads is a totally different matter.
Old 20th April 2015, 14:09   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If someone meets an accident and severely damages his/her own car without hitting anyone, which i am assuming was the case here, public uproar is unlikely and wouldn't solely justify fleeing unless for other causes like negative publicity, avoiding legal obligations etc. as discussed already.
Why would the "public" even bother about a one-vehicle, no other person involved accident?

If it were me, in that situation, and that rich, I would be calling up others to deal with it and leaving it to them. Probably my biggest worry would be looting. Most cars might be subject to having valuable/usable things removed, but with a car like that any part might be considered a worthy souvenir, and the effect might be similar to ants swarming on a small creature's body
Old 21st April 2015, 02:41   #1134
BHPian

Awaiting repairs at the workshop. Crashed in Delhi about two months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img_20150303_154224.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img_20150303_154307.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img_20150303_191111.jpg  

Last edited by aditya_911 : 21st April 2015 at 02:43.
aditya_911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 03:55   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Awaiting repairs at the workshop. Crashed in Delhi about two months ago.
Hello aditya_911
Never heard about this accident. Usually when a supercar crashes, the internet is filled with the news. Seems like a head-on collision as both the headlights are not there. And the impact was surely strong or else the front wheel would not have broken. Would you please enlighten us about the accident if you have any information about it?

I'm assuming this isn't the same car which got hit during the parx supercar show as you said this crashed in Delhi two months back.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 09:18   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post

I'm assuming this isn't the same car which got hit during the parx supercar show as you said this crashed in Delhi two months back.

Regards,
Swapnil
This is defiantly not the facelift red R8 that crashed at the supercar show in Mumbai as I saw that car restored and back on the road 3 days ago.

Audi spares are always out of stock and take several weeks to import from Germany hence this car has probably been standing at the workshop for two months. Audi India need to get their act together on this issue, customers owning Audi's marquee products should have to wait this long for spares.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 15:02   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Hello aditya_911
Never heard about this accident. Usually when a supercar crashes, the internet is filled with the news. Seems like a head-on collision as both the headlights are not there. And the impact was surely strong or else the front wheel would not have broken. Would you please enlighten us about the accident if you have any information about it?

Regards,
Swapnil
As per the advisor the car went over a huge speed breaker at a very high speed .
aditya_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 19:05   #1138
Senior - BHPian

If its true then that is quite severe but it seems unlikely. There are heavy scrapes and scars on the rear alloy as well. Seems like it has scraped a surface (maybe after flying over the speed breaker and landing). Looks quite expensive to repair.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:53   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
If its true then that is quite severe but it seems unlikely. There are heavy scrapes and scars on the rear alloy as well. Seems like it has scraped a surface (maybe after flying over the speed breaker and landing). Looks quite expensive to repair.
It could be that the car went out of control after the speed breaker as you said. But what looks weird is that the rear alloy has scratches but the fender is untouched. Wonder what the vehicle's rear hit for the bumper to chip off like that.
Old 27th April 2015, 06:16   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin Vantage crashes in Delhi.

Looks like a blue Aston Martin Vantage was damaged in Delhi when the driver alleges to have tried avoiding hitting a dog, lost control and crashed head on into a tree.

The front looks heavily damaged. TOI says engine is damaged.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-amv-copy.jpg

Source and more information

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th April 2015 at 10:14. Reason: Adding kinda-bigger pic :)
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks