Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 06:34   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Another beauty, the Ex Insideman BMW M3 E92 bites the dust last night after a terrible accident in Bombay.
Hope the driver, passengers and public are fine and made it though safely.
Picture Courtesy: BMW Enthusiasts and Owners group, Facebook.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-11051947_10155568840240722_2721503437861227256_n.jpg
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 08:15   #1187
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Another beauty, the Ex Insideman BMW M3 E92 bites the dust last night after a terrible accident in Bombay.
Hope the driver, passengers and public are fine and made it though safely.
Picture Courtesy: BMW Enthusiasts and Owners group, Facebook.

Attachment 1371072

Apparently it rammed a scooter and killed a rider. Not too sure though but blood stains are visible.

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2015 at 17:09. Reason: Quoted post deleted
A.K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 10:58   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Hope the driver, passengers and public are fine and made it though safely
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Apparently it rammed a scooter and killed a rider. Not too sure though but blood stains are visible.
The Activa is in two pieces and unfortunately the Person expired. I am not aware of there being or not being a passenger in either the M3 or on the scooter, as my friend did not mention so.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20150515wa0061.jpg  

speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 11:13   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like an extremely bad months for supercars in India, one big crash after another. This one being one of the worst with the scooter guy passing away, RIP.
I hope the M3 driver was not drunk!
Old 16th May 2015, 12:02   #1190
BHPian

I am told the scooter was being driven in the opposite direction and the rider did not wear a helmet. Plus both vehicles were at high speeds.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:23   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Looks like an extremely bad months for supercars in India, one big crash after another.
I have just been informed that the M3 has been burnt to erase any evidence of the accident. I have asked someone living in the area to confirm this news authenticity.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 12:32   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I have just been informed that the M3 has been burnt to erase any evidence of the accident. I have asked someone living in the area to confirm this news authenticity.
Yes, it has been burnt to ashes. Received pics on Whatsapp but don't know whether to share or not.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:38   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
I am told the scooter was being driven in the opposite direction and the rider did not wear a helmet. Plus both vehicles were at high speeds.
The pictures suggest exactly that. A head on collision. Even at 50kmph, the relative speed would be 100kmph.

Rider was thrown off the vehicle as a result of inertia and looks to have hit his head on the windshield. Blood is as a result of not wearing a helmet.

That said, does burning the car do any good at all? With all the electronic evidence present on this very thread?

Man, heart does sink knowing that this car was one of the most famous M3s in the country and was owned by a TBHPian. Heart goes out to the deceased's family.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 16th May 2015 at 12:39.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:50   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes you are correct. The car is reduced to ashes and looks smaller than a tiny hatchback.
Old 16th May 2015, 13:03   #1195
BHPian

I'm unable to process that the M3 is crashed and burned to the ground. It makes me extremely sad.

As for the rider who passed away, if he was indeed riding on the wrong side of the road he was inviting trouble. For years together I've had close shaves with idiots all over Mumbai and the authorities cavalier attitude has baffled me. Now maybe they'll be more serious considering a fancy car and a death is involved.

As for the rider, Rest In Peace. I hope none of his friends ever rides head on into incoming traffic ever again.
Old 16th May 2015, 13:09   #1196
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
I'm unable to process that the M3 is crashed and burned to the ground. It makes me extremely sad.

As for the rider who passed away, if he was indeed riding on the wrong side of the road he was inviting trouble. For years together I've had close shaves with idiots all over Mumbai and the authorities cavalier attitude has baffled me. Now maybe they'll be more serious considering a fancy car and a death is involved.

As for the rider, Rest In Peace. I hope none of his friends ever rides head on into incoming traffic ever again.

Err... I was told that the M3 driver was driving on the wrong side.
A.K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 14:13   #1197
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand what's the point of burning the car to destroy evidence. And what evidence would they be destroying? A lot of people would have taken pictures and posted them on Facebook and various other forums - with the number plates visible. And because there is a causality involved - I am sure cops would have recorded the statement and noted the car registration and other details. Burning the car would amount to tampering evidence and would mean the owners will be charged with another serious offence.
Old 16th May 2015, 14:46   #1198
BHPian

RIP to the rider of the Activa.

It's seriously hard to comprehend the lack of maturity of most of the motorists on the road. In Bangalore too I've faced numerous near misses due to idiots riding/driving ( yes, even driving ) in the wrong way. I agree, speed thrills but it also kills. I prefer to increase the speed of my car only on open roads and when i'm confident enough. It's not about being gutsy or brave or anything. It's about being sensible. Leave the racing to the track or drag strip. The road is not for racing. Seriously.

I'm not blaming the m3 owner or the Activa rider as I have no clue about this accident. But what any normal person can deduce is that either one or both of them were at high speed; a speed high enough to cause such a catastrophe.
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 15:33   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Err... I was told that the M3 driver was driving on the wrong side.
The pictures suggest otherwise.

Usually, when people drive on the wrong side, they stick to their right.

So in this case, if the M3 was being driven correctly, the scooter would be on the left side of the M3. And the collision would also happen with the front left portion of the M3. And as is evident from the pictures, the left side of the M3 seems to have taken most of the brunt.

Highly unlikely that someone would drive a car, no less an M3 on the wrong side of the road and then stick to their left where chances of colliding with oncoming traffic is highest. This is the only way the car could be driving in the wrong direction and get impacted on the left portion. But if this is the case,
Old 16th May 2015, 17:27   #1200
Senior - BHPian

If you were on the right(and by right,i mean not on the wrong),why would you burn down the car? This stinks of something else to me.Even though i know in India,if you have an expensive car and god forbid you mow down someone else,the rich guy will never get the benefit of doubt.But still,burning down your expensive car since was involved in an accident? You really have to have a very very strong motive to do that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks