Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 16:55   #1246
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

I got that image from a friend who sent it to me on facebook after he saw my post on Teambhp. He said that the pics raised many questions and people have assumed wrong scenarios based upon it so wanted to clear it out.
He made the image based upon his friend who lives nearby the accident's spot.
However, he does not wish to be mentioned and I too am stopping posting about the incident after this post.
RavSam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 16:56   #1247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
But one thing baffles me though, the damage the M3 has taken. Is it really possible if the Activa was not riding directly into the M3?
Doesn't look out of place to me. It's mostly plastic parts, barely anything metal, though the headlamp has been dislodged - but then again it's mounting points are plastic clips (through which metal bolts go).

I can imagine that kind of damage from a 60-80 km/h impact with a stationary Activa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
...won't there be any impact or even a minor scratch to the right side tyres or low slung Bumpers of the car when it ran over the small median wall?
Look at this picture...

RavSam's diagram shows that the impact point was in the area BEFORE the solid median started.
(the black line 3rd from the top is misleading, as the solid median only starts half-way, where the line gets thicker):

Anyone have the exact Google Maps link?

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2015 at 16:59.
Old 18th May 2015, 17:25   #1248

While we are on this thread, I read another head on collision between BMW X1 and Swift Dzire in today's newspaper. All occupants of Swift Desire succumbed but all occupants in BMW X1 survived due to its air bags coming for their rescue.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...collide-4.html

This is another eye opener to go for vehicles with safety features built to it.
sonics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 18:19   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonics View Post
While we are on this thread, I read another head on collision between BMW X1 and Swift Dzire in today's newspaper. All occupants of Swift Desire succumbed but all occupants in BMW X1 survived due to its air bags coming for their rescue.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...collide-4.html

This is another eye opener to go for vehicles with safety features built to it.
Hello sonics, from the news article it seems to be a swift and not a swift desire. Any sources mentioning the desire by any chance?

To add, the occupants of the swift did not make it due to the fact that they were not using the minimal safety feature provided, the seat belts, while the occupants of the BMW had their seat belts on which helped them along with the deployed airbags.

Also, this topic was up on a parallel thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...pics-1176.html where it was being discussed.

Last edited by navsjab : 18th May 2015 at 18:24.
navsjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 20:53   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Doesn't look out of place to me. It's mostly plastic parts, barely anything metal, though the headlamp has been dislodged - but then again it's mounting points are plastic clips (through which metal bolts go).

I can imagine that kind of damage from a 60-80 km/h impact with a stationary Activa.
Right. Thanks for the clarification, Rehaan.

Must admit, I think I am getting too judgmental. Will wait and watch this thread closely. Hope justice prevails.

Would it be better to have a separate thread for this accident alone?
Old 18th May 2015, 21:04   #1251
BHPian

Sunday morning I received a message from someone who's friends with the M3 owner.

Grab your popcorn folks. Here's what it says -

"BMW was cruising at an average speed while the active unexpectedly tried to cross the road from the wrong side at 50 kmph. It was evening time and the Activa s head light was off. As soon as BMW noticed the Activa he took a sharp right turn to save the Activa but unfortunately it was too late and the front left bumper hit the Activa.

NOTE: The map has been prepared by the media based on witnesses.
Spread the word ✌"

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1431963240303.jpg

PS - Don't ask me why the "media" used MS paint for this

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 18th May 2015 at 21:18.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 08:57   #1252
BHPian

AutoArmy - Its ALL about Automobiles. Posting videos of 'speed' driving. The video shows so much traffic all around, when the skills of the automobile is tested and flaunted to lesser mortals like us.

Now, friends of the driver of M3, 'explaining' the details of the accident and also providing a sketch acquitting the driver of any wrong doing. Finally asking people to 'spread the word'.

With the above, I am not judgmental and not insane, if I infer and say that it is a case of irresponsible driving.

Even if we consider that, that is what happened as shown in the picture, the active breaking into two pieces does indicate the speed of the BMW.

In fact, if I am allowed to guess, the BMW rammed the Activa head on, taking the impact on 'it's' left side and the activa flew into the air, and fell on the other side of the road. Why not???

It also pains me to watch peoples mentality change to the worse even in cases of death of a fellow human being. Some members are commenting like 'RIP to the victim and M3'. Human dignity...?? Not expected this from members of a forum who value 'responsible driving'.

- Sai

Last edited by Vihari : 19th May 2015 at 09:00.
Vihari is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 10:01   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I love the scenarios where the immature driver dies from his own wrongdoings. Lots of young rich kids with fancy cars have perished from their lack of discipline.

But when innocents are involved, that's when it hurts the most !

I remember a few years back, a 22 yr old was gifted an F430 Scud by the father. The kid died the same night, the body was barbecued. Statistics show that some serious stuff is about to happen when young ones are gifted serious toys by successful baaps !
I am sure you didn't actually mean what you wrote, it must have been in the heat of the moment??
In the above accident it is also speculated that the activa took a illegal U turn? So should we all celebrate that two activa driving morons met a deserved death?
Old 19th May 2015, 14:57   #1254

Thanks navsjab for correcting me and guiding to other thread wher eit is getting discussed. It was indeed Swift not Swift Dzire.
sonics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 11:55   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
"BMW was cruising at an average speed while the active unexpectedly tried to cross the road from the wrong side at 50 kmph. It was evening time and the Activa s head light was off. As soon as BMW noticed the Activa he took a sharp right turn to save the Activa but unfortunately it was too late and the front left bumper hit the Activa.

Not trying to spoil your popcorns here

But at an average speed it wouldn't have broken the activa in two

Rest all I completely agree to - but average speed doesn't seem right here

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th May 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Shortening quoted post
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 12:11   #1256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
IronH4WK posted this video on facebook yesterday :

Watch the crash @ 00:42.

The biker really couldn't have been going faster than 80 km/h at the time of impact -- but look at the extent of the damage!

I think with all these new age cars that isolate the driver from the outside so well, most people have forgotten exactly how fast & dangerous even 60 km/h can be...
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 14:14   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

"Average" has no meaning outside of the context of a group of data items. OK, I guess that the idea is to convey "not any faster than anybody else," but it is just too vague a statement.

How does one judge the speed of a crossing vehicle? Is it likely to be accurate?

I'm really not on anybody's side here, or against anybody, but I don't think the "statement" put out by "friends" helps the driver at all.
Old 20th May 2015, 16:13   #1258
BHPian

Maybe a dashcam could have solved the mystery. I think its an important add-on accessory now, given the crazy driving skills and unexpected road manners that we all come across every minute we are out on the road.
Old 20th May 2015, 16:29   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Not trying to spoil your popcorns here

Rest all I completely agree to - but average speed doesn't seem right here
What you are saying completely makes sense. But the message doesn't, and that's why we all need popcorn :P
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 23:36   #1260
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
AutoArmy - Its ALL about Automobiles. Posting videos of 'speed' driving. The video shows so much traffic all around, when the skills of the automobile is tested and flaunted to lesser mortals like us.

Now, friends of the driver of M3, 'explaining' the details of the accident and also providing a sketch acquitting the driver of any wrong doing. Finally asking people to 'spread the word'.

With the above, I am not judgmental and not insane, if I infer and say that it is a case of irresponsible driving.

Even if we consider that, that is what happened as shown in the picture, the active breaking into two pieces does indicate the speed of the BMW.

In fact, if I am allowed to guess, the BMW rammed the Activa head on, taking the impact on 'it's' left side and the activa flew into the air, and fell on the other side of the road. Why not???

It also pains me to watch peoples mentality change to the worse even in cases of death of a fellow human being. Some members are commenting like 'RIP to the victim and M3'. Human dignity...?? Not expected this from members of a forum who value 'responsible driving'.

- Sai
This is speculation. As is expected after the accident with no witness as of now to describe what exactly happened. As is also expected, the first instinct is to blame the larger vehicle's driver. That it was an expensive M3 only strengthens the 'case'.

I've had a few accidents, mostly skids on wet roads, as a teenager on a bike and more often than not the fault was mine. Nothing serious though, just a few scars that still exist. And a couple of months back while testing the various permutations between my BMWs Comfort, Sports, Sports + and the manual options on a mountain road- with due regards for sane speeds, rules and safety I must emphasise, on a blind turn in which I was well inside my left lane, I have a biker overtaking another at a crazy speed in my side of the divider coming straight at me! Reflexes and years of training took over. Still, we have that moment when we know we can now do nothing to avoid a collision. I had that moment. Kept turning the steering left with no hope- my previous car- an Esteem would have spun a few times by now.

Just missed. I looked in my rear view mirror - the pillion rider of the lucky bike was looking back and grinning.

How the car's ABS, stability control etc kept the bimmer in control, I don't know.

Why I write this post is to convey that just because a car is involved doesn't mean it's driver was at fault. Had an accident happened in my case, then I guess that would have been the obvious conjecture.

Last edited by ais : 21st May 2015 at 00:04. Reason: Spelling error
ais is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks