Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:39   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Thoughts as I was reading through this...

3. <evil grin>Were they trying to mimic that BBC show? </evil grin>

Top Gear. >(

We don't refer to The Holy Bible as That Book.

[OT. Sorry.]
Old 10th May 2009, 07:00   #92
BHPian

Was spotted at the Mercedes workshop, a month back
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-dscn2317.jpg  

Old 10th May 2009, 07:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

That is going to hurt very, very painfully.
Old 10th May 2009, 08:20   #94
BHPian

And I thought people would respect and value imported cars in India..
Old 10th May 2009, 11:09   #95
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly the three pointed star survived.
Old 10th May 2009, 14:34   #96
BHPian

The car had hit cattle on the highway...
Old 10th May 2009, 20:04   #97
BHPian

The bonnet of the S-Class has popped up slanting forward. Pedestrian safety feature if I am not mistaken.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:08   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
The bonnet of the S-Class has popped up slanting forward. Pedestrian safety feature if I am not mistaken.
Or is it more of the 'crumple zone' definition than Ped safety ?

I am no expert but with a slant bonnet like this, isn't there a chance that the pedestrian skids down the bonnet and come right under the car ?
Old 11th May 2009, 03:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

The AMG crash shows how incompetent our journos are, dont we all remember the ill fated R1 that was given to Autocar I guess?

Its just a attitude kind of a thing, I cant say that any magazine in India comes close to the photographic or writing quality abroad. I see people mentioning the Stig here, do they know what a single eposide of TopGear is budgeted at?? And lastly someone mentioned human life, what about doing all this on a public road there is other human life present there as well other then the occupant.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The AMG crash shows how incompetent our journos are, dont we all remember the ill fated R1 that was given to Autocar I guess?

Its just a attitude kind of a thing, I cant say that any magazine in India comes close to the photographic or writing quality abroad. I see people mentioning the Stig here, do they know what a single eposide of TopGear is budgeted at??
How is the budet related to the accident? I can assure you the TG budget does not include buying/renting a car. They, just like our Indian journos, get the car from the company. And the Stig crashing the Pagani Zonda helps a very valid argument that accidents can happen to anyone, no matter how good a driver you are.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
And I thought people would respect and value imported cars in India..
If I crash a Civic, thats fine but if I crash a MB, its unacceptable. Is it ? A person owning the S class may want to take it to its limit and the limo could go out of control. We dont even know the facts so why blame the owner unnecessarily. If we are blaming the person coz of whom this happened as he was blindly crossing the road or something, please remember it wouldn't make any sense to him to figure out if its a Ferrari or a Santro that is passing by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
How is the budet related to the accident? I can assure you the TG budget does not include buying/renting a car. They, just like our Indian journos, get the car from the company. And the Stig crashing the Pagani Zonda helps a very valid argument that accidents can happen to anyone, no matter how good a driver you are.
Some points to note are :

Abroad, the test riders have better experience with exotic machinery than the Indian riders would have. A reporter test driving an R1 in US or similar will have more riding hours on 1000 cc bikes than the Indian journo. Its all about the the availability and accessibility.

We do not have dedicated test tracks to try out these machines like some other countries. It has to be done on public roads.

Not to blame anyone, but dont we test drive the new cars launched in the market a little more recklessly than our own cars on public roads.

We know only about Stig as TG is the most broadcasted show in the auto world. There are many other small auto magazines and channels whose riders/drivers have had an accident while test driving.

Nobody crashes intentionally. An accident is an accident (whether its a Nano or Veyron).
Old 11th May 2009, 13:18   #102
BHPian

Some points to note are :

Abroad, the test riders have better experience with exotic machinery than the Indian riders would have. A reporter test driving an R1 in US or similar will have more riding hours on 1000 cc bikes than the Indian journo. Its all about the the availability and accessibility.

We do not have dedicated test tracks to try out these machines like some other countries. It has to be done on public roads.

Not to blame anyone, but dont we test drive the new cars launched in the market a little more recklessly than our own cars on public roads.

We know only about Stig as TG is the most broadcasted show in the auto world. There are many other small auto magazines and channels whose riders/drivers have had an accident while test driving.

Nobody crashes intentionally. An accident is an accident (whether its a Nano or Veyron).[/quote]

Excellent Point.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Err everything, if TopGear has a set budget for a single show that exceeds many show's yearly budget it means they are big. They have been refused cars before specially because Jeremy likes to speak his mind and not be politically correct in those cases people have voluntarily given them their exotics to thrash around. Thats the calibre of the show and the respect they have around the world.

You dont see them thrashing around cars unecessarily do you? Its always done on their private track. And as far as I know stig ran off the track and did not dessimate the zonda. He has ran off the track in a Konigsegg, TVR and many more cars. Thats why its done on a track and not public roads.

I have seen many journos with a larger then life attitude, they think they are above their readers and thats just hogwash. Many experenced journos are also enjoying the limlight making the new entrants slog and keeping all the TD vehicles to themselves. The journo world in India is a can of worms no one wants to open here.
Old 11th May 2009, 21:43   #104
BANNED

dude even a supercar and import is a car and cars have crashes whats not valuing them..... you own a car you drive it and its not always your fault what if the other guy crashes into you or and what if you make a mistake ... no ones perfect even f1 cars have crashes don't they ....

AM
Old 12th May 2009, 00:39   #105
Senior - BHPian

As a Merc has already been posted in this thread, here is a pic of another Merc.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-oops.jpg  

Last edited by manishasrani : 12th May 2009 at 00:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks