Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 02:38   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
As a Merc has already been posted in this thread, here is a pic of another Merc.
What's that red stuff on the hood and bumper???

Hope it's not what i think it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Interestingly the three pointed star survived.
Let's hope that the thing that got hit by the three pointed star survived!

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2009 at 17:22. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 12th May 2009, 04:04   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musavi 27 View Post
What's that red stuff on the hood and bumper???

Hope it's not what i think it is!
That probably looks like some scrap from the pole the merce might have hit. Also looks like someone stole it's three pointed star, maybe.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

yeah looks like it got hit with a pole which seems quite strong. So the whole line appears banged thanks to that pole and it has caused wearing off paint (either of the pole or the car)
Old 12th May 2009, 13:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
yeah looks like it got hit with a pole which seems quite strong. So the whole line appears banged thanks to that pole and it has caused wearing off paint (either of the pole or the car)
It looks like a high speed crash on a pole.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:46   #110
BHPian

Sports car mows down milkman in Vile Parle

OK guys, last night the famous 40th anniversary Nissan Skyline was crashed in Vile Parle.

"A Nissan sports car, allegedly hurtling at a speed of 100-plus km an hour killed Janardhan Kanaje (milkman) on Sunday evening."
"The car then hit an auto rickshaw injuring it's driver..."

"After the accident, furious locals stopped the car and beat up the driver and his companion."
"driver Mihir Dharkar,21...Sujit Pardesi, 26 (passenger)"
Quoted from DNA pg9

The incident is said to have occurred at 8pm on Sunday night. I sadly woke up to this news. It is unclear as to how this accident took place, and I request fellow BHPians to not start the blame/flame war right now. There are multiple factors which could have lead to this calamity. Let us just pray for the soul of the deceased milkman, and for the speedy recovery of all those injured (Rickshaw driver, Mihir and Sujit).

For all those who know Mihir personally (Many of us do), he is admitted in VN Desai Hospital.

DocG
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-18052009796.jpg  

Old 18th May 2009, 15:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Sad story man. There really isn't much to say if a car is travelling that fast besides the fact that it was just travelling too fast. I'd certainly blame the driver for recklessness, but I'll reserve my thoughts till the picture is made more clear. Speedy recovery to all and may Janardhan rest in peace and let God give strength to his family. Poor chap man.
Old 18th May 2009, 15:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

That was an unfortunate accident. The car doesnt look like its totalled, or is it? Did the roof go in aswell? It does seem to have a roll cage installed. Hope all the injured recover soon.
Old 18th May 2009, 16:58   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
OK guys, last night the famous 40th anniversary Nissan Skyline was crashed in Vile Parle.

"A Nissan sports car, allegedly hurtling at a speed of 100-plus km an hour killed Janardhan Kanaje (milkman) on Sunday evening."
"The car then hit an auto rickshaw injuring it's driver..."
"After the accident, furious locals stopped the car and beat up the driver and his companion."
"driver Mihir Dharkar,21...Sujit Pardesi, 26 (passenger)"
Quoted from DNA pg9

The incident is said to have occurred at 8pm on Sunday night. I sadly woke up to this news. It is unclear as to how this accident took place, and I request fellow BHPians to not start the blame/flame war right now. DocG
May the poor guys soul rest in peace. May his family be strong and have some financial suppor to pull themselves through.

Sunday evening, car driving at 100 KMPH plus , who is to be blamed ?
Old 18th May 2009, 18:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Mihir Dharkar... That name sounds very familiar. Is he on TBHP? What is his username? It sounds awfully familiar.

EDIt - Just remembered who he is. Hope he recovers soon from the beating and is able to understand what just happened.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 18th May 2009 at 18:34.
Old 18th May 2009, 18:37   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Mihir Dharkar... That name sounds very familiar. Is he on TBHP? What is his username? It sounds awfully familiar.
Yes he is. Username's satans_enemy and also operated under another username prior to that. Has a fine collection, good driver otherwise. Let's hope it all pans out rightfully.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:23   #116
BHPian

He is the propriotor of Torque Night, and has been racing for quite some time. He also has a lot of experience with fast and expensive cars. Some details from the paper are suspect if you ask me.

The main one being how the hell can ANYONE regardless of what car you drive be able to go that fast (100+ KM/h) on a service road in Vile Parle at 8pm on a Sunday night? I just seems impossible if you ask me. Mumbaikars will agree with me.

Anyway, trying to get in touch with Mihir right now. Sujit Pardesi is none other than the brother of Ranjit Pardesi who runs AR Motosport...

Details are edgy right now, so again I request everyone to refrain from pointing fingers until we can get a clearer picture.

DocG

Last edited by DocG : 18th May 2009 at 19:25.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:41   #117
BHPian

This is every sad, may the milkman soul rest in peace and hope all the injured recover soon.
Old 19th May 2009, 02:16   #118
BHPian

Let me add a piece of info. The car involved in this accident is certainly not the much talked about skyline, but a completely different model from the nissan stable
Old 19th May 2009, 06:40   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Let me add a piece of info. The car involved in this accident is certainly not the much talked about skyline, but a completely different model from the nissan stable
Someone posted a pic of the crashed car in either this thread or the other one, and it looked to me like a Skyline...
Old 19th May 2009, 10:37   #120
Senior - BHPian

@nikibusa: That car certainly looks like the rare 4-door R33 GTR...if not the body lines, the wheels are almost a sureshot giveaway..

Do you by chance, have any info that suggests otherwise? Earlier pics of the car with the front intact, perhaps? Just a thought...

Most Viewed