Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 23:34   #406
BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

The damage seems repairable, though could cost a bomb.
With the new ORR, Hyderabad now has over 100's of kms of world class access controlled high speed 8-lane/10-lane expressways and without much policing, drivers are going absolutely crazy on these expressways. And over 50% 0f these expressways are still under construction. The other day I saw a video of this guy driving a Suzuki Ritz at sustained speeds of over 170kmph.
Mods: I hope its ok to share a video of a classic example of senseless driving which leads to accidents like these. This A6 driver knocking of @ 260KMPH on parts of a under construction expressway is a perfect recipe for a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 18th March 2011, 11:30   #407
Team-BHP Support

^ To make matters worse, the video description says "...on a beautiful monsoon evening"
Old 18th March 2011, 13:56   #408
BHPian

That's wierd. Another exotic lost on the ORR. With power comes responsibility and people do not seem to understand that. This is clearly evident from the recent accidents on ORR involving Bentley and now LP560-4.

I've seen a number to times, people test driving the cars on ORR and trying to rip the car to the maximun extent possible, in order to get that adrenaline rush. Have seen Audi R8's, Audi A6's, Toyota Fortuners and lot more being test driven on the ORR. If they were seriously TDing the vehicle, then a couple of KMs on the Main road and ORR should be enough to decide on the BUY thing. People need to understand this and shun this, else ORR will be another Necklace Road with heavy policing and no fun driving there henceforth. The real fun of ORR is to enjoy the drive on these amazing 8 laned roads.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:03   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
That's wierd. Another exotic lost on the ORR. With power comes responsibility and people do not seem to understand that. This is clearly evident from the recent accidents on ORR involving Bentley and now LP560-4.

I've seen a number to times, people test driving the cars on ORR and trying to rip the car to the maximun extent possible, in order to get that adrenaline rush. Have seen Audi R8's, Audi A6's, Toyota Fortuners and lot more being test driven on the ORR. If they were seriously TDing the vehicle, then a couple of KMs on the Main road and ORR should be enough to decide on the BUY thing. People need to understand this and shun this, else ORR will be another Necklace Road with heavy policing and no fun driving there henceforth. The real fun of ORR is to enjoy the drive on these amazing 8 laned roads.
+1 to your statement Nikhil Bhai. People should be a lot more responsible from now on while pushing their cars to the limit on the ORR.

Anyways the LP560-4 has been repaired,must have costed a bomb, and would soon return back to the streets of Hyderabad.

PS: I hope he retains those amazing Signature LP560-4 wheels, looks amazing on it !
Old 15th April 2011, 14:36   #410
Senior - BHPian

Got this picture on Facebook. A White XFR in Mumbai. The front fender has taken a beating

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-218939_142575222479364_100001806624142_265081_7076677_o.jpg

Source: Super Cars and Exotics in Mumbai Fan Page on Facebook

Last edited by aah78 : 28th April 2011 at 03:08. Reason: Source added.
ShortShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2011, 10:40   #411
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

I saw this banged up Bentley in Gurgaon yesterday. The front airbags (both driver and passenger side) were intact while the side curtain airbags were inflated. No major damage on the front of the car.

Seems to suggest that car hit something and rolled over. What speed would the person be doing!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00152201104161843.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00153201104161844.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00157201104161844.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00149201104161843.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00150201104161843.jpg  

Old 18th April 2011, 13:29   #412
Senior - BHPian

WHOA! That's a terrible crash! The car must have turtled a couple of times before coming to rest. Hope the occupants were safe. This is similar to the Hyderabad Bentley crash that happened a few months back.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:13   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudder View Post
I saw this banged up Bentley in Gurgaon yesterday. The front airbags (both driver and passenger side) were intact while the side curtain airbags were inflated. No major damage on the front of the car.

Seems to suggest that car hit something and rolled over. What speed would the person be doing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
WHOA! That's a terrible crash! The car must have turtled a couple of times before coming to rest. Hope the occupants were safe. This is similar to the Hyderabad Bentley crash that happened a few months back.
That Surely is the same Bentley FS which crashed in Hyderabad last year, check this post for reference and compare the pictures ! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2058455

I guess it was getting transported for salvage.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 18th April 2011 at 14:15.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:33   #414
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th April 2011 at 14:36. Reason: Note Inline
Old 18th April 2011, 14:40   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This is similar to the Hyderabad Bentley crash that happened a few months back.
This is not similar, but the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
I guess it was getting transported for salvage.
You are right. This is the same car that has been written off now.

I was not sure at first since the boot lid had been damaged even more. Apart from the powertrain, and interiors, not much can be salvaged. The wheels would be risky since they would be distorted due to impact. Wonder if the Bentley dealer has picked it up?

Last edited by ajmat : 19th April 2011 at 09:11.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:08   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
The damage seems repairable, though could cost a bomb.
With the new ORR, Hyderabad now has over 100's of kms of world class access controlled high speed 8-lane/10-lane expressways and without much policing, drivers are going absolutely crazy on these expressways. And over 50% 0f these expressways are still under construction. The other day I saw a video of this guy driving a Suzuki Ritz at sustained speeds of over 170kmph.
Mods: I hope its ok to share a video of a classic example of senseless driving which leads to accidents like these. This A6 driver knocking of @ 260KMPH on parts of a under construction expressway is a perfect recipe for a disaster waiting to happen.

Crazy !
I do wonder though how was this fellow hitting 260 ? these cars are electronically limited to 250 (that does not mean i am trying to say he should have been going at 250 instead )
Just that i find it pretty surprising that this fellow might have paid the money to get rid of the limiter for such drives which are hardly possible nor safe in India
Old 19th April 2011, 08:05   #417
BHPian

Hey guys! Just saw this on NDTV! Apparently there were two bad accidents in Mumbai, one involving a Porsche Panamera. Can we get more info about this?

Last edited by Turbojc : 19th April 2011 at 08:07.
Old 19th April 2011, 09:09   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey guys! Just saw this on NDTV! Apparently there were two bad accidents in Mumbai, one involving a Porsche Panamera. Can we get more info about this?
Just saw NDTV. 2 accidents. 1 involving Honda City and Corolla. About 2 people seem have lost their lives in this. Bad sight.

Other accident involved a panamera and a biker. Biker was a delivery boy for a restaurant and is supposedly very serious in the hospital. The driver of the panamera has been booked and released on bail.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:38   #419
Team-BHP Support

Saw a / the white Panamera covered and parked outside the Porsche showroom.

There was damage on the front left corner.

cya
R
Old 19th April 2011, 10:49   #420
BHPian

Yes, the panamera accident happened around 3-30am on sunday night. The driver was drunk and is a young lad of 24 years. The accident happened around the chowpatty area (before marine drive) and the driver tried to flee after hitting the biker. He drove till azad maidan (near his residence) which is a few kms away on just 3 tyres and one rim(the front left tyre is completely gone). Source: Star News

Most Viewed