Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 14:43   #781
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
Good point Ashwin the auto guy should have checked before moving forward but the q7 guy shouldnt have been driving that fast through an intersection either. Maybe mistakes made by both resulting in a death. May his soul RIP

The Q7 had no business speeding like that in the heart of the city, regardless of the time of day it was. Just that, a few seconds of caution from the Auto could've prevented this entire ordeal.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 14:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

The Q7 had no business speeding like that in the heart of the city, regardless of the time of day it was. Just that, a few seconds of caution from the Auto could've prevented this entire ordeal.
Yeah true! I guess the only good thing from all this is that we can learn from this and make our roads safer. That could have been any of our dear ones in the auto and we need to together make a conscious effort to be safe and look out for the safety of other people who are on the road too.

I happen to know the driver of the car, and let me tell you - this isnt his first accident. Theres been an A8L and XJL crashed by him previously too. Q7 now added.

I know that he'l manage to get away with it due to influence, and other factors, but i really hope he too has learnt something from this and changes for the better. In the mean time lets all just make our streets safer!
dj sulz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 15:01   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Bangalore city police on Monday said that they had arrested the son of a businessman and film producer on the charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder after he allegedly rammed a brand new Audi into an autorickshaw on M.G. Road here in the early hours of Sunday, killing a passenger and injuring two others.

Rajesh L. Reddy (21), a Christ University graduate set to go to the U.K. for higher studies, is the son of Indiranagar resident Lokesh Reddy.

The police said that Rajesh and his three friends were on their way to the Empire Hotel in Shivajinagar around 2.30 a.m. to pack food for his mother Prema Reddy’s birthday party. The Audi Q7, registered in Ms. Reddy’s name, had been bought barely three days ago and had only a temporary registration number.

Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) M.A. Saleem said that CCTV footage showed the car tearing away at 150 kmph, which amounted to “rash and negligent driving”. “Moreover, the accused could have helped the victims to hospital but they fled the scene, which shows their irresponsibility,” he said.

The crash killed Deepak (26), while his cousin Karthik (25) and autorickshaw driver Yunus Ali (26) were grievously injured when the high-end car, coming from Trinity Junction on M.G. Road, crashed into the auto, which was turning right at Mayo Hall junction.

The impact of the crash was such that the occupants had to be pulled out with great effort from the mangled autorickshaw. The three-wheeler overturned, while the car spun and crashed into a metro rail column.

Deepak and Karthik, both pub employees, were returning home from work in the auto.

While the occupants of the Audi made themselves scarce abandoning their car, it was Syed Khaleel, driver of an autorickshaw passing by, who rushed the three to Bowring Hospital.

“We suspect that Rajesh could have had drinks and we are going to subject him to medical examination,” Ashok Nagar police said.

The police had to wait for the Regional Transport Office to open on Monday to track down the car owner.
An almost same incident occurred on Ahmedabad roads a few months back where a 7 series BMW hit a biker and both the boys on the bike died, one on the spot and the other some 24 hours later. The owner of the 7, a young fellow, supposedly drunk fled the scene and surrendered himself some 3 days after.

Even in this case, it was much debated that the bikers and the car driver were both at fault - the biker because he didn't wait at an intersection and look both ways before turning and the car driver because he was speeding in excess of 120.

(Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3050864)

Being pretty much the exact same case it'll be interesting to see how the case of the Q7 and the autorickshaw accident pans out. Keep us posted.
Old 6th June 2013, 15:06   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Being pretty much the exact same case it'll be interesting to see how the case of the Q7 and the autorickshaw accident pans out. Keep us posted.
will surely keep you'll posted
Old 6th June 2013, 15:29   #785
BHPian

just saw the video - and i don't believe that the q7 was going as fast as the police claims it was.

the fault seems purely the auto-rickshaw's driver's.

if you notice - the q7's headlamps are visible lot before he coming to the intersection where as the auto's headlamp is pretty much useless and for sure couldn't be seen by the q7 driver to even realise a vehicle is about to cross the intersection.
if the video is showing the headlamps of the car approaching i am sure the auto-rickshaw driver must have seen the car coming - even before he came to the junction.

and why are we stipulating that the q7 driver must have been drunk?!? there are equal chances of the auto-rickshaw driver to be drunk too. no other way would he have not realised that a car is coming.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 15:34   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah true! I guess the only good thing from all this is that we can learn from this and make our roads safer. That could have been any of our dear ones in the auto and we need to together make a conscious effort to be safe and look out for the safety of other people who are on the road too.

I happen to know the driver of the car, and let me tell you - this isnt his first accident. Theres been an A8L and XJL crashed by him previously too. Q7 now added.

I know that he'l manage to get away with it due to influence, and other factors, but i really hope he too has learnt something from this and changes for the better. In the mean time lets all just make our streets safer!
Ah, so a storied history of bad driving. Hmmm, that's quite unfortunate.

I feared the same too. Given that he seems pretty well off, I was almost sure he'll get away with it. Now going by what you're saying, looks like he will. Very, very unfortunate.

For him, it's just the matter of another car. But for the victims of the accident, it's a struggle for survival hereon.

I do wonder though, a crashed A8L, XJF and now a Q7. Reason enough to blame the parents for not doing enough to curb the child's rash driving expertise? He is only 21, there's no way he could've earned these cars by himself anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
An almost same incident occurred on Ahmedabad roads a few months back where a 7 series BMW hit a biker
(Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3050864)
Exactly the case I had in mind when I heard about this accident. There too, both were at fault, though many claimed one sided reporting on the part of the media.

The Ahmedabad case is still ongoing looks like. The driver, Vismay Shah has not been granted bail after Forensics and a Car Dealer(Seriously?) reported the car to be doing over 135kmph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
if you notice - the q7's headlamps are visible lot before he coming to the intersection where as the auto's headlamp is pretty much useless and for sure couldn't be seen by the q7 driver to even realise a vehicle is about to cross the intersection.
if the video is showing the headlamps of the car approaching i am sure the auto-rickshaw driver must have seen the car coming - even before he came to the junction.
Exactly my point. When white lights are so, so evident during the day, you can imagine how bright they'd have been in pitch darkness at 2AM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Why are we stipulating that the q7 driver must have been drunk?!? there are equal chances of the auto-rickshaw driver to be drunk too. no other way would he have not realised that a car is coming.
Well, I'm just saying it's a possibility, not saying it is the fact. I was just thinking about reasons why he would abandon the car and get away. Then again, as I said, might also be the fear of being involved in such a big accident. There are many possibilities, I just listed two of them.

Auto driver being drunk is a possibility. But quite unlikely IMO. He was taken to a hospital after the accident. They would have known if he was drunk I guess.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 6th June 2013 at 15:40.
Old 8th June 2013, 17:34   #787
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this on facebook.

Source : Super Cars and Exotics in New Delhi

Another Bull goes down!

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-943800_528734760517193_2121058406_n.jpg

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 19:49   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Another Bull goes down!
Oh Shoot!

Belonged to a friend and he's abroad at the moment. Wonder who was driving it then

Country's first Verde Ithaca
Old 8th June 2013, 20:51   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh Shoot!

Belonged to a friend and he's abroad at the moment. Wonder who was driving it then

Is this bhpian ecks car? I remember a pic of a similar one posted by someone.
Old 8th June 2013, 21:57   #790
BHPian

Quote:
ecks's Lambo is a LP-560. From the headlights, the crashed one in the pic seems to be a pre-LP560 model

BTW there is a verde ithaca gallardo in Delhi, so i guess that's the one which crashed

Link to Eck's LP560

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...digarh-79.html

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 8th June 2013 at 21:59.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:21   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Another Bull goes down!

Attachment 1094202

Regards,
Yep, was India's first lime green lambo!

This post contains a pic of this bull in its glory days.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1327618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh Shoot!

True. It belonged to AC, right?
Old 13th June 2013, 23:32   #792
BHPian

Looks like the Balboni is getting repaired

Source - European Motor Works .
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-970868_528267463897898_373064098_n.jpg  

Mirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 01:49   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No mate, as crazybiker mentioned, ecks' car is an LP560.

This is another car from Delhi. India's first Verde Ithaca.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-574588_358331017575741_62303695_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Whoa. Looks too much to bring back to original nick. It'll never be perfect again, I believe.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 01:52   #794
BHPian

Quote:

Another Bull goes down!
What is it with Gallardos getting wrecked so often? I think it is the most crashed supercar in India looking through this thread. And damn man, it is so heart breaking to see such beautiful cars in this condition .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

I am shocked that they're even trying to repair this car, and I got to agree with Scorcher in saying that I don't think they will ever be able to restore the car to the way it was before.

Last edited by Joxster : 15th June 2013 at 01:53. Reason: Grammar mistake
Old 15th June 2013, 09:55   #795
BHPian

Recently saw a documentary about the Lamborghini factory and how they craft their cars. Was mightily impressed. Now looking at these pictures leaves my heart heavy.

Most Viewed