Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2013, 23:09   #811
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Looking at the plates, I guess the owner has half his cars in trouble by now...
He sold this X6 around 2 years back.
Old 17th July 2013, 09:04   #812
Senior - BHPian

A Silver Land Rover SUV (KA51MD9394) driven by a drunk politician killed four pedestrians at Bangalore last night. The SUV was also badly damaged.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:30   #813
BHPian

The car in question is a Silver Land Rover Freelander 2.

Here's the report from TOI online :

Quote:
BANGALORE: A Land Rover recklessly driven by a former municipal president ploughed into a group of vegetable sellers and shoppers, killing four persons and injuring seven others, off Hosur Road, late on Monday.

The SUV driver, C Krishnappa alias Bar Krishnappa, 55, allegedly fled in a white Maruti Omni driven by a friend, and is absconding. Krishnappa is a former president of the erstwhile Bommanahalli city municipal council.

The accident happened around 10.30pm in Channakeshavanagar, 10 metres from the Hosur Road-Parappana Agrahara Road junction.

Within minutes of the accident, Krishnappa called a friend and escaped, eyewitnesses told TOI.

The deceased were identified as Indrani Govindaiah, 52, a handloom worker and resident of Chennakeshavanagar; her cousin and Salem resident Pushparani Janakaraj, 55; Vijaya Kumar, 35, a vegetable vendor and resident of Basavapura; and Rajanna alias Raja Nayak, 25, a vegetable vendor who lived in Basavapura.

Krishnappa is believed to have left his house on Hosa Road minutes before the accident. Eyewitnesses said the Land Rover (KA51 MD 9394) came speeding from the Hosa Road side.

G Manjunath, a TV mechanic, told TOI he was standing near a pani puri stall when he saw the luxury SUV swerve right and left.

"The driver apparently failed to notice a speed-breaker. Once the SUV rode over it, he completely lost control over the vehicle, which appeared to be moving at its maximum speed. The vehicle took a sharp right turn, crossed the median and the right lane of the road and jumped onto the pavement," Manjunath said.

The pavement, opposite Channakeshavanagar Government School, was teeming with pedestrians and vegetable vendors.

"There were screams and wails as the SUV ploughed into the crowd. I was aghast at what I saw," Manjunath said. The SUV hit a tree at the edge of the pavement and ground to a halt.

Krishnappa, a familiar face in the area, emerged from the vehicle and slapped his forehead.

"To our utter disbelief, he did not utter a word or even make an attempt to help the injured. He pulled out his mobile, called someone and asked him to come down immediately," the eyewitnesses said.
Old 17th July 2013, 21:36   #814
BHPian

Found this in Facebook.

"Yamaha R1 Crashed @ Nandikkara NH47 (near Pudukkad) today 5 pm. It crashed into a Lorry carrying timber. Both the rider and the pillion survived by God's grace. The local guys said that the speed must be close to 200 kmph."

A very near miss for the rider and the pillion.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-r1crash.jpg  

Dr.Awesomeness is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 23:53   #815
BHPian

These R1 guys over took my car in kodakara.They were not wearing any helmets n I was telling my cousin who was with me in my car that how dangerous it is to drive these kind of superbikes in such speeds,with out any safety measures. After few kilometers I saw a jam n people was running towards a timber laden truck. I stopes my car n saw the accident.My car was 7th or 8th position from the crashed site.Nobody was allowing the locals to take the victims to the hospital n at last one guy in the jeep took the rider but the pillion rider was still lying on the road so I shouted them to carry him to my car. I took the pillion rider to the holy trinity hospital pudukkad. I was telling the local guys that it is better to take them to trichur hospitals but the jeep went into pudukkad hospital n I followed.
The rider name is Anoop(I guess).
bhunu AMG is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 07:34   #816
Senior - BHPian

Crickey!

She has seen better days, I heard the guys got the bike only 3-4 days back and they were popping wheelies in Thrissur yesterday. This was to happen sooner or later.

A friend of mine brought her into the state and here is a pic I clicked when I first met her way back in 08.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-image953.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 10:10   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Crickey!

She has seen better days, I heard the guys got the bike only 3-4 days back and they were popping wheelies in Thrissur yesterday. This was to happen sooner or later.

A friend of mine brought her into the state and here is a pic I clicked when I first met her way back in 08.
Was this an Indian Invoice or grey import? Any information about the 2 blokes? I hope they have learned their lesson because if not they better do. Because the man upstairs is not always this generous.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:22   #818
Senior - BHPian

200kph seems to be a gross exaggeration. I don't think a bike can crash into a truck carrying timber at 200kph and still remain in one piece. We had reports of a similar crash at NH bypass Edappally a year or so back. That bike was almost in pieces, with parts flung far and wide.
StarrySky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 11:02   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Was this an Indian Invoice or grey import? Any information about the 2 blokes? I hope they have learned their lesson because if not they better do. Because the man upstairs is not always this generous.
It was a grey import.

They two blokes, from what I heard, are really young chaps. Initial reports were that they were critical, but now recuperating well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
200kph seems to be a gross exaggeration.
+1. My exact reaction when I heard the 200+ figure.
Old 18th July 2013, 18:04   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
These R1 guys over took my car in kodakara.They were not wearing any helmets n I was telling my cousin who was with me in my car that how dangerous it is to drive these kind of superbikes in such speeds,with out any safety measures. After few kilometers I saw a jam n people was running towards a timber laden truck. I stopes my car n saw the accident.My car was 7th or 8th position from the crashed site.Nobody was allowing the locals to take the victims to the hospital n at last one guy in the jeep took the rider but the pillion rider was still lying on the road so I shouted them to carry him to my car. I took the pillion rider to the holy trinity hospital pudukkad. I was telling the local guys that it is better to take them to trichur hospitals but the jeep went into pudukkad hospital n I followed.
The rider name is Anoop(I guess).
Bhunu, you deserve a salute. 90% of us might not have had the courage to do what you did. Congrats my friend, you saved a life, you will be blessed for life

I am astonished yet very glad that the guys survived ! How is it possible that they crashed at a high speed even if you consider the on lookers report of 200km/hr as exaggeration they probably were around 80 to 100km/hr? That is a lethal speed to have a collision without a helmet on a bike !
Did the guys jump off in time to avoid the collision ?
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 19:22   #821
Senior - BHPian

Bhunu, you are the rare 'Good Samaritan' ! keep it up!

I also attach a picture of the broken Land Rover
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-accident.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2013, 21:48   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post

"Yamaha R1 Crashed @ Nandikkara NH47 (near Pudukkad) today 5 pm. It crashed into a Lorry carrying timber. Both the rider and the pillion survived by God's grace. The local guys said that the speed must be close to 200 kmph."

A very near miss for the rider and the pillion.
Today's newspaper carries a report that the rider has succumbed to his injuries.
Old 5th August 2013, 20:14   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobalan View Post
From official sources, this accident happened during a TD, the prospective customer tried to avoid a collision with some other vehicle on a deviation but went out of control!
The car has been taken to dealers workshop and replacement parts need to come from germany!
What happens in such cases? Does a TD car has some kind of an insurance to cover such unfortunate incidents? Will the person taking the TD be held responsible if the accident is caused by him ?
Old 13th August 2013, 09:19   #824
BHPian

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img00031201308130700.jpg

6 series convertible crashes near kottayam, kerala.

The road leading to kumily is long, winding and scenic. Perfect for enjoying the 6 convertible with the top down, but guess it did not end too well.
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 22:56   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Attachment 1124724

6 series convertible crashes near kottayam, kerala.

The road leading to kumily is long, winding and scenic. Perfect for enjoying the 6 convertible with the top down, but guess it did not end too well.
That doesn't look too bad, looks like that could be repaired. Any idea if the occupants are fine?
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks