Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 15:22   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

The biker got lucky by a fraction of a second.

News channel still reporting it as a fault of Lamborghini driver. No one does any research before pulling the trigger.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 16:08   #1652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
without a doubt Lamborghini driver would have been the reason for accident.
It does not look like it's the Lambo drivers fault. He was thrown off his lane because of the car(Dzire?) from the right lane cut into the lambo's lane and in defense the lambo cut into the other lane pushing the van off the road.

RIP to the victim. The maruti omni van is probably the most unsafe car every sold, I am glad it has stopped production.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 16:35   #1653
BHPian

Re: Noida Accident Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, very much possible. In fact, you have given the answer yourself in the next paragraph.

When checking the mirror of the other vehicle, if you can see the eyes of the other driver, that means he can see you and you are not in his blind spot. If you can't see the driver's eyes in the mirror, you are in his blind spot.
I suspected as much which is why I mentioned it but what I was trying to get at was that it's not always possible to do this. Of course, in cases where you suspect things might get too close for comfort, you try and wait to get a glimpse of the driver in his side mirror but I doubt you do that for every overtake manoeuvre, at least I don't.

Anyway, at the risk of sharing information that might already be available in another thread, here are a couple of links discussing how one can eliminate blind spots by adjusting the IRVM and ORVMs.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~gdguo/driving/BlindSpot.htm
sunny310c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 16:48   #1654
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Noida Accident Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
I suspected as much which is why I mentioned it but what I was trying to get at was that it's not always possible to do this. Of course, in cases where you suspect things might get too close for comfort, you try and wait to get a glimpse of the driver in his side mirror but I doubt you do that for every overtake manoeuvre, at least I don't.

Sorry, but I believe you are missing the main point.
When you overtake, at some point during the overtake, you would definitely be in the blind-spot of the other vehicle. That can not be avoided (unless the other driver has adjusted the mirrors to avoid blind-spots or have additional set of mirrors). During a normal overtake scenario, this period of vulnerability (when you are in blind-spot) would most likely be a fraction of a second and a short press on the horn before the overtake would ensure that the other driver has noticed your presence and understood the intentions.

A much more lengthy and risky exposure is when people continue to drive in and around the blind-spots of neighbouring vehicles instead of falling back a few meters or accelerating ahead. This is much more risky than a split-second exposure during overtaking. But many are not even aware of this and keep on happily cruising in someone else's blind-spots for minutes together.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:12   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
This was a test drive car on a test drive. Very unfortunate as the cab driver is 100% to blame for the incident and Lamborghini India has to pay the price. And a life was lost.
Any clue what sort of damage the Lambo has? Since it drove away, is it safe to assume that it will be reapairable?

Also any clue on what sort of liablity clause you sign when you test drive a high end sportscar?
Old 10th July 2017, 18:43   #1656
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It does not look like it's the Lambo drivers fault.
Little sarcasm in my post What I meant was, the Lambo driver is not at fault and if the CCTV footage was not available, everyone would have blamed the Lamborghini Driver because it is a Supercar. Like someone mentioned above our beloved Media, even after seeing the footage they are blaming the Lambo Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
If the CCTV footage was not available, without a doubt Lamborghini driver would have been the reason for accident.
[/url]
mohammedismail is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 19:05   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Actually, all 3 are at fault - the Lambo, the Eeco & the Dzire.

Defensive driving entails not being in somebody's blind spot. If you notice, the Eeco is in the Lambo's blind spot and splitting lanes. The Lambo has also not given itself enough room for evasive action in case of anything untoward on the road.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make about blind spot and room for evasive action here. Lamborghini is not at all at fault here. What more practically he could've done here? We are not talking about a deserted highway in Australia or US , but a somewhat busy road in India. For a Lamborghini, he is driving sanely and probably even slower than some of the other vehicles.

Dezire cut him in and eco was in wrong lane or (or rather line) here. Desire driver either tried to boost his ego by overtaking Lambo or he got distracted by mobile / something else. Lambo's left turn was either a quick reflex or just physics in action if the dezire actually came in contact with it. There is nothing much he could've done in a fraction of second, even though we can do many post accident analysis to tell what better could've been done.

I world say, Desire is at 90% fault for his reckless driving & eco at 10% fault for not following lane discipline. This is one of those rare accidents involving supercar where it's actually the one which was being driven sanely

As long as we don't have footage of few more seconds before the accident, I don't see any fault with Lamborghini driver.

Last edited by Midas : 10th July 2017 at 19:06.
Midas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 22:08   #1658
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

On the Noida accident. I am not sure whether the Dzire guy was boosting of overtaking or not, or any other factor. But one thing I have noticed on highways, after overtaking when the driver wants to come back to their original lane (assuming they are not squeezing in a tight gap), they do a very sharp cut. Probably they do not judge the gap before changing the lane back.

something like below
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 7805
Size:  5.5 KB

Saw similar incident once on Banglaore - Kolar highway, wherein a Etios after overtaking City wanted to join back to its lane. Etios driver scraped City's front bumper while joining back. Luckily there were no other vehicles and the City guy handled it well.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 22:32   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
On the Noida accident. I am not sure whether the Dzire guy was boosting of overtaking or not, or any other factor. But one thing I have noticed on highways, after overtaking when the driver wants to come back to their original lane (assuming they are not squeezing in a tight gap), they do a very sharp cut. Probably they do not judge the gap before changing the lane back.
If they give indicator - to indicate their intent - things will be much better.

How else will the person know the intent of the other driver?

Strangely, using indicator probably costs money for them! (but not horn)
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 23:38   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If they give indicator - to indicate their intent - things will be much better.

How else will the person know the intent of the other driver?

Strangely, using indicator probably costs money for them! (but not horn)
Real men dont use indicators, they honk!
Old 11th July 2017, 01:35   #1661
BHPian

It's the Swift DZire's fault. He's the culprit here and he must be jailed.

Look at the start of the footage closely.

There are 4 lanes on the freeway L1, L2, L3, L4 ( from L - R ).

L1 L2 L3 L4

L1 is empty.

There are 4 cars that come into picture during the start of the video.

The Lambo is on L3. The van ( Eeco? ) on L2 and the DZire slanting in towards L4 from L2. Replay the video as many times as you'd like to notice the slanting trajectory of the DZire.

You have to also notice that at the start the Van and the Lambo are in a right-diagonal formation with the Lambo in front.

So here's the thing. After the collision between the Lambo and the DZire, notice that there are 2 more cars trailing behind on L3 and L4 in a right-diagonal formation.

So my good guess is that the DZire wanted to cut across the perfect gap created between these two diagonal and overtake the pack on the L4 lane to the right of the Lambo.

Unfortunately for him, you don't get the best traction and body control in mid-size family sedans in India.

The car lost control as soon as he got onto L4. He tried to bring back control by pulling a weighty left but it wasn't of any help.

He swerved right into the Lambo ensuing in the loss of a life. May his/her soul RIP.

Side Note : There seriously needs to be a severe punishment for cases of reckless driving.
shoaib3030 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 03:25   #1662
BHPian

It looks like a classic blind spot miss by the Dzire driver to me, if at all he checked his mirrors. Also the low height of the Lamborghini doesn't help the situation either.
The eeco/van with its height is susceptible to roll at high speeds.
All in all a tragic set of events.
Old 11th July 2017, 08:28   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
something like below
Attachment 1655817
Agree with your point but both the red and green in your depiction is incorrect because "You don't overtake from left!"
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 08:59   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Agree with your point but both the red and green in your depiction is incorrect because "You don't overtake from left!"
I remember seeing a bumper sticker a long time ago
On the right side rear bumper - Overtakers
On the left side rear bumper - Undertakers

Last edited by SDP : 12th July 2017 at 17:40. Reason: minor typo
swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 11:29   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
If you see closely the Dzire had hit the sides of Lambo and we can see a part of car falling from car, May be rear mud guard part of the Dzire.
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-lambo.jpg
arungeorge is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks