Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2021, 22:27   #2026
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

This guy has hit the wall just near Babu Moopan's house (for the unknown...Babu is the first and only guy to get the Bentley Mulsanne in Kerala). The roads there are usually free. Guy must have lost control. Coincidentally saw the silver or white M2 at Judge's Avenue today.

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 31st January 2021 at 22:31.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 08:12   #2027
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A Mercedes Benz GLE43 AMG was involved in a crash last night near Mohali.

News Link - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hin...17703-amp.html

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-fe813b5a89af11eb95257608459b6ae4_1616267616682.jpeg
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 12:36   #2028

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2021 at 18:35.
wbp.rider is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd May 2021, 11:35   #2029
DSY

BMW 7 Series involved in a High speed fatal crash. The car hit the wall of the underpass in Gurugram DLF phase 2 and toppled and then hit a pillar. Reason of crash is said to be over speeding. According to reports the car was being driven by the son of a senior rss leader from Gurugram. Both the occupants lost their life.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-85724fcc71e04fe6bf7d3170299262d7.jpeg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-737a853bc4a84cbfb6586b2f67d4b0b4.jpeg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-f6443399e25c44bc8425ce2790222251.jpeg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-4039d503969e499bbf62c13df77a5101.jpeg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th May 2021 at 23:20. Reason: Adding spaces after periods.
DSY is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 11:17   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY View Post
BMW 7 Series involved in a High speed fatal crash..
That's one of the worst crashes I've seen involving a luxury sedan. The BMW 7 Series is one of the safest cars around. I can't fathom the speeds it must have been travelling at at the time of impact to end up like that. May the departed souls rest in peace.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I hope this serves as a reminder to all, that crash safety ratings mean nothing beyond a certain threshold, and people shouldn't rely on them to be cavalier about speeding. Every day, I see numerous posts on Instagram that show people driving casually at unmentionable speeds while recording the same. I hope at least a few learn before it's too late.
Turbojc is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 16:16   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BMW 7 Series involved in a High speed fatal crash.
It seems from the pictures that the driver had the seatbelt buckled to fool the seat belt reminder, but he wasn't wearing it.
StarrySky is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 17:20   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It seems from the pictures that the driver had the seatbelt buckled to fool the seat belt reminder, but he wasn't wearing it.
I also noticed it; this is quite a common thing in India
May be he would have survived, if he was wearing the seat belt.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 4th May 2021 at 17:21.
akshay4587 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:08   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Although I feel bad about the lives lost, but I doubt if there was legitimate reason for them to be on the road during lockdown.
Making use of empty roads as an opportunity for rash driving cannot be pardoned. Making mockery of safety gear available in the car is of the next level altogether.
How true is that accidents don’t happen just because of one mistake, its convergence of several errors at any given instance.

This accident was unwarranted.
i74js is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:35   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
+1
that was the first thing I noticed. Seeing that the cabin had not crumbled completely (which could have crushed the occupants), I assumed that the occupants walked out with minor cuts and bruises. I strongly believe that the driver would've made it if the seatbelt was worn properly. I wonder how difficult it is.

The police will not enforce seat belts. But will enforce impractical speed limits because of crashes like these. For a car as heavy as the mighty 7 to topple, the speeds have to be more than twice as high as what we talk about on our forum.

Internal injuries notwithstanding, belted passengers in well built cabins come out unscathed. Internal injuries due to sudden speed shedding and jerks are also very well controlled in cars like these that have several pretensioners and systems that release the belt slowly to allow for some movement that eases the delta M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I also noticed it; this is quite a common thing in India
May be he would have survived, if he was wearing the seat belt.
Definitely would have. Cabin didn't collapse on occupants, so if they were held in place by belts, they would have come out in much better shape.

I have to confess, the urge to speed and to go out for a drive in the lockdown is high. The empty roads and clean air are tempting. But please let's be responsible. Learn from other's mistakes.
viXit is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 11:42   #2035
BHPian

My quick observations.

* Over-speeding enough to turtle a heavy 7 series car
* Stupid enough to buckle seat belt on the seat. Also, isn't it super uncomfortable?

And guess what, this is the mistake almost everyone on our highways do. In this case, it's on a empty city road (thanks to lock down, there was no other vehicle involved). Imagine if there were few two-wheelers around that area.

Also, just do a singe search for seat buckle on amazon

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=seat+buckle

Check the "Amazon Choice"?
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-screenshot-20210515-11.32.38-am.png

It's an "Alarm stopper AND a bottle opener". It has 407 reviews. The collective first page review (of total 15 products) has 1000 reviews.

This guy could have bought it and saved himself the little discomfort of buckling seat-belt behind him. After all why does he need seat belt, he's the best driver on the road. /s
prajwalmr62 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 12:47   #2036
src
BHPian

Quote:
BMW 7 Series involved in a High speed fatal crash. Reason of crash is said to be over speeding. Both the occupants lost their life.
Extremely tragic. May the departed Souls Rest in Peace. Time and again it is proved that no safety features can stop the foolishness of our human nature.

No matter how many stars are rated for the cars. Safety lies in our own hand.
Old 15th May 2021, 12:47   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Also, just do a singe search for seat buckle on amazon
I am really surprised to see this. Shouldn't this be illegal? I mean what practical purpose could it serve other than assisting in breaking the law? That the person would prefer to use it as a bottle opener rather than seat buckle and hence would be doing it while buckled in?

Shouldn't amazon just remove such items from their listing space.
nick.cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:00   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
I mean what practical purpose could it serve other than assisting in breaking the law? That the person would prefer to use it as a bottle opener rather than seat buckle and hence would be doing it while buckled in?
This is the official product info -

Multifunction it is not only a car safety seat belt buckle clip, also a car beer open bottle buckle. It is so convenient for people who do outdoor activities with cars. Please do not use this while driving on the highway, rounding mountains, high traffic jam. easy to install. Put it on the right place. It can works easily. Universal fit for above 95% vehicle model. Small and light enough you can take it with you easily. Package includes: 2 x car safety seat belt buckle clip. color: black, material: ABS, suitable for: most cars.

Our collective idiocy is astonishing to say the least.

Also, yes I also firmly believe Amazon should take action and remove these products from their market place. Shouldn't be hard considering they are not a completely open market places like Ebay or OLX. I would consider this as either lax trading policies and/or sheer ignorance.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th May 2021 at 05:11. Reason: Typo
prajwalmr62 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:06   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
I am really surprised to see this. Shouldn't this be illegal? I mean what practical purpose could it serve other than assisting in breaking the law? That the person would prefer to use it as a bottle opener rather than seat buckle and hence would be doing it while buckled in?

Shouldn't amazon just remove such items from their listing space.
Evolution's way of weeding out the weakest links. It's natural that such geniuses will use these as brewed beverage openers while driving. Sad part is that these idiots will end up endangering innocent people on the road...
anilp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 14:13   #2040

The people in the car were known to me. It was very sad but both of them were sober at the time of accident and had moved just 5 minutes prior to the accident from their home after watching an IPL match.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2021 at 09:50. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
KuldeepSingh is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks