Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 00:10   #46
BHPian

The car above is just a normal s350 with the AMG kit.The AMG models have the name in the speedo.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-mercedess55amgsedan.jpg  

Old 4th July 2008, 03:33   #47
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The brake calipers, speedo cluster do not have AMG written on them. There are no V8 Kompressor badges on the side.
Absence of quad exhausts since this is a post 2003 S Class (clear lens lights).
Also, I guess AMG's are calibrated in mph and not kph.

The car is the same as the one posted in the above link.
Old 4th July 2008, 08:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Also, I guess AMG's are calibrated in mph and not kph.
That part is not true. I have seen an AMG review and that car had kph only .
Old 4th July 2008, 09:48   #49
BHPian

Any car ordered officially through a Mercedes-Benz dealership in India will have instrumentation in km/hr. All cars being manufactured in Germany for export to India will have it. It is a mandatory requirement for any vehicle being imported into India. However, you will see a lot of imported cars with instrumentation in mph. That of course is what a little palm greasing can do!

@Cyrus: Cross drilled rotors ( only in the front ) are standard to the S Class.

Last edited by CLS_55_AMG : 4th July 2008 at 09:55.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Lovely find Cyrus! What an awesome car! How do you manage to convince the owners to click the pics and also sit in their cars, after they have left??

OT: The golden colored Zen in the last pic - is it sunken on the left side or has a flat tire?
Old 4th July 2008, 10:39   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great pictures of a beautiful car...I love the W220 series S-Class. The kit looks nice, but he shouldn't have badged it as an S55. Fake claims take some of the charm away.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Regardless of whether it's an AMG or not, thats a nice set of pictures. Thanks Cyrus. This is my favourite S-Class of all time, the new one just isn't elegant enough. Had a ride in one of these (S350) all the way from town to home once, and it was a heavenly experience. Sigh.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:11   #53

Spotted an authentic old gen S-55 AMG today in white. It had the Quad Exhausts and the AMG Brakes. Also, it had the AMG WHEELs and everything. Have taken pics on someones camera. Will try and get em soon.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:19   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Seen a genuine silver S55 AMG yesterday in Andheri (E). 4-exhausts, V8 Kompressor badges, AMG wheels (same as below), front AMG bumpers and brake calipers. It was too good to be a kit-AMG S Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
Finally managed to get a pic of atleast one my my college owners cars i've been talking about....though its not the sl65 amg.....the s55 amg is not that bad lol....

have a lookie....

Its 100% genuine....
4-exhausts tips, V8 Kompressor badges, AMG wheels......and all of that...

darn it doesn't have that much presence as his sl65 but mahn is this car a looker!

cheers
I saw this car on peddar road last saturday. Was on the opposite side of the road so could not get a detailed look. But when I saw an S that was distinctly lower than a regular W220, and had the AMG bumper, I knew it had to be the S55. The rear had quad exhausts. A smiling chap was driving it very sedately, well he had reason to be happy.
Old 19th December 2008, 13:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Here is one more. The S 63 AMG.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-s63-amg-fr.jpg  

Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-s63-amg-rear.jpg  

Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-19122008040.jpg  

speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2008, 13:55   #56
BHPian

Gosh, it does look STUNNING!! I must say that I'm seeing these wheels on a S63 for the first time. Maybe its their latest design!

By the way, of all the places I've travelled, I've never seen Mercs,or for that matter Audi's and BMW's also, being parked so haphazardly in service centres or showrooms , except in India!!
Old 19th December 2008, 14:18   #57
BHPian

the CLS 63 AMG is my friends car, and it's not driven that often with busy schedules and lack of energy cited as the reason not to blast her out of the shelter...

Sadly the car has a rather large scratch running down the left rear fender courtesy the chauffeur

Chauffeur driven CLS AMG haha

The S looks familiar as well, someone I know has an S AMG in black, but from what I've heared there are a few here in Mumbai...

Speedy where have these pictures been taken?
Old 20th December 2008, 23:24   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedophobia View Post
By the way, of all the places I've travelled, I've never seen Mercs,or for that matter Audi's and BMW's also, being parked so haphazardly in service centres or showrooms , except in India!!
They seem haphazardly parked due to my angle of taking the picture. This is not exactly their service center but a spot given to them to park the extra cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
the CLS 63 AMG is my friends car, and it's not driven that often with busy schedules and lack of energy cited as the reason not to blast her out of the shelter...

Sadly the car has a rather large scratch running down the left rear fender courtesy the chauffeur

Chauffeur driven CLS AMG haha

The S looks familiar as well, someone I know has an S AMG in black, but from what I've heared there are a few here in Mumbai...

Speedy where have these pictures been taken?
It is atleast better than Chauffer driven 911 turbo .

From what i have been informed by auto hanger is that there is only one Black S 63 and one Black S 65. 63 belongs to politician and 65 belongs to a builder.

The picture is taken at auto hangers additional car parking, which also happens to be where my office is.
Old 21st December 2008, 03:13   #59
BHPian

well i agree as the 911 is a 2 seater, but the CLS costs a lot more, and is also positioned as a 4 door coupe, so it's round about similar...

Yes the person is a politician, I know who he is, seen the car etc...the black 65, no clue...but must say the 65 AMG, driven the white one, a devil she is...
Old 10th January 2009, 16:47   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I saw this car on peddar road last saturday. Was on the opposite side of the road so could not get a detailed look. But when I saw an S that was distinctly lower than a regular W220, and had the AMG bumper, I knew it had to be the S55. The rear had quad exhausts. A smiling chap was driving it very sedately, well he had reason to be happy.
I think I bumped into the same car this afternoon, across the road from Khyber. Man, this has got to be one of the best lookin' S Class I have seen till date. The pinacle of understated style & a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-moto_0349.jpg  

Spotted S55 ///AMGs - (Real ones & convincing AMG kits)-moto_0350.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2009 at 16:49. Reason: Attachments
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks