Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2006, 18:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car...pity about the music system.

I've sat in a Silver Seraph, and I can tell you...those carpets are just out of this world!
Old 22nd December 2006, 18:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Lovely car...pity about the music system.
Alpine's are pretty good & last I remember were also OE on Bentley's.

Quote:
I've sat in a Silver Seraph, and I can tell you...those carpets are just out of this world!
Oh they were out of this world thick, comfortable, simply fabulous!! Plus this car has that sense of occasion once you sat in it with all the hand polished wood & leather all over, gave a very royal feel!
Old 22nd December 2006, 19:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Although I admit the Alpine system is just fine, it just doesn't go with the whole feel of the car. It sticks out as majorly modern, and a little gen-x for a car of so much regality.

I still remember sitting in the back seat and having my butt sink in, whereas my feet were buried deep within the carpets. What a car...
Old 22nd December 2006, 21:03   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Although I admit the Alpine system is just fine, it just doesn't go with the whole feel of the car. It sticks out as majorly modern, and a little gen-x for a car of so much regality.
thats why i think theres a wooden cover for it.
Old 22nd December 2006, 22:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thats why i think theres a wooden cover for it.
Correctamundo, I just wish they produced something in India, good enough for these posh beasts...in terms of appearance.
Old 23rd December 2006, 11:36   #96
BHPian

Those A/C controls on the Seraph are BMW, Maverick please confirm. Didnt this car have a BMW engine? I didnt know they shared parts prior to the buy-out.
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:56   #97
Team-BHP Support

they definately look similar to the ones in an old 740i my uncle had.
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

refer post 88. and yes the controls are BMW, since they had taken charge of Rolls 1 year before the Silver Seraph was launched and they carried out Extensive changes to the cars mechanicals,electronics and handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Those A/C controls on the Seraph are BMW, Maverick please confirm. Didnt this car have a BMW engine? I didnt know they shared parts prior to the buy-out.
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:02   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
refer post 88. and yes the controls are BMW, since they had taken charge of Rolls 1 year before the Silver Seraph was launched and they carried out Extensive changes to the cars mechanicals,electronics and handling.

They had not taken control. They had their sights set on RR motor cars which was owned by Vickers PLC. Mercedes were to lend their V12 engine to RR motor cars. RR aerospace own the brand but not the car business.

BMW - who had an aerospace deal with RR - leveraged RR to make it clear that a car with a mercedes engine will not be worthy of the brand. Vickers who were anxious to develop the silver seraph and arnage prior to selling of the motor car business - fell in line and sourced the engine and various other bits from BMW.

Vickers then sold the Rolls Royce Car business to VW. A couple of days after the deal. BMW used its powers in RR aerospace to snatch the RR brand from VW under its nose. VW had the RR brand for 3 years and it starved it of development whilst developing the Bentley. BMW developed the Rolls in Munich and built the Goodwood factory but could not call it so until Jan 1st 2004

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd December 2006 at 14:31.
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They had not taken control. They had their sights set on RR motor cars which was owned by Vickers PLC. Mercedes were to lend their V12 engine to RR aerospace who own the brand but not the car business.

BMW - who had an aerospace deal with RR - leveraged RR to make it clear that a car with a mercedes engine will not be worthy of the brand. Vickers who were anxious to develop the silver seraph and arnage prior to selling of the motor car business - fell in line and sourced the engine and various other bits from BMW.

Vickers then sold the Rolls Royce Car business to VW. A couple of days after the deal. BMW used its powers in RR aerospace to snatch the RR brand from VW under its nose. VW had the RR brand for 3 years and it starved it of development whilst developing the Bentley. BMW developed the Rolls in Munich and built the Goodwood factory but could not call it so until Jan 1st 2004
Thanks for the info, I stand enlightened !! is there some site where i can read more on this? check and let me know whether RR/VW was in charge when the seraph was produced?
the electronics,engine,drive train,controls etc are all BMW Though!! also the suspension parts are also different from the Arnage
i have read thru the RR club sites--http://www.rrab.com/rsera.htm

Old 23rd December 2006, 14:40   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks for the info, I stand enlightened !! is there some site where i can read more on this? check and let me know whether RR/VW was in charge when the seraph was produced?
the electronics,engine,drive train,controls etc are all BMW Though!! also the suspension parts are also different from the Arnage
i have read thru the RR club sites--http://www.rrab.com/rsera.htm

My info is from CAR which I have collected (and now given away) over the years. More info on the RR chronology over here
Old 25th December 2006, 03:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was parked outside lings, close to mondy's, and not at the Taj!
any more snaps?
Keep guessing whose it is !!
You'll will see it more often now.
Will Also will be seen at Bhima I presume...HEh HEh!!
Congrats Scooby!!
Old 26th December 2006, 04:33   #103
BHPian

This article says Pune received 2 Rolls Royce's and 3 Maybach's in the last couple of years.

Small is still beautiful, but premium cars catch buyers’ fancy
Old 10th January 2007, 21:11   #104
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys.. we currently have a 1947 model yr Rols Royce at our workshop for complete bodywork.. dont know much details bout it. here r a few pics..

Regards,
Mav!
Old 10th January 2007, 21:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

Woah. Did someone just remember that they owned a Roller?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks