Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 00:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bmw X6

As there is already few X6s in the country & as its going to be officially launched in India, the possibility of spotting the new X6 is high, hence this thread.

The X6 here is spotted at Mumbai during the launch of new 7.
Attached Thumbnails
Bmw X6-31012009052.jpg  

Bmw X6-31012009051.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2009, 00:19   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a smart looking car but the interior space was a bit of a let down. Its massive size had me expecting more on the inside.
The legroom and boot space were both less than the 5 series.
But for out and out presence, it does a damn good job to catch the eye.
Old 3rd February 2009, 06:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Its a smart looking car but the interior space was a bit of a let down. Its massive size had me expecting more on the inside.
The legroom and boot space were both less than the 5 series.
But for out and out presence, it does a damn good job to catch the eye.
I 2nd that thought Sahil. The car has some gorgeously beautiful looks, Great presence and anyone getting out of the car is guaranteed some admiration.

Not sure when and at what price will this be launched in the country however checked it out at the recent Auto show in Delhi where it was displayed at Magus cars stand. They mentioned an import price of about 1.05 Cr aint that expensive considering the cramped interiors you get. I think on Launch by BMW India, it should be in the 95L range keeping the price of 7 Series into perspective.
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Not sure when and at what price will this be launched in the country however checked it out at the recent Auto show in Delhi where it was displayed at Magus cars stand. They mentioned an import price of about 1.05 Cr aint that expensive considering the cramped interiors you get. I think on Launch by BMW India, it should be in the 95L range keeping the price of 7 Series into perspective.
The company guy mentioned that the price will be below Rs.70Lacs once its launched. It might be 3.0 diesel mill!
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this should command a price difference more than 10L over the X5 with a similar Engine confg. Nice ride though and possibily no competition for such a vehicle in India as of now.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I dont think this should command a price difference more than 10L over the X5 with a similar Engine confg. Nice ride though and possibily no competition for such a vehicle in India as of now.
The X5 scores in all depts besides the looks over the X6. I too was hearing 70lakh figures at the launch.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

The X6 is going to be launched this month or by March latest. BMW India is quite pissed off at independent dealers bringing them in before them & stealing BMW's thunder. Apparently, they plan to price it very very competitively to shock the independent dealers & the customers who've bought them for exorbitant prices.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Oh cool! Look who's at the wheel in that first pic!

The 65 lakhs ex-showroom price is for the 3 Litre diesel engined X6. The 4.4 twin turbo petrol (same engine in the brand new 750iL) is gonna be just over a crore on-road. It seems to me that BMW has managed to pull a pretty good price for the diesel X6, but the petrol price is quite absurd.

Also, how many people will buy an X5 3.0 diesel now that the X6 is actually cheaper??? Hmmm...

I really do like the look of the X6 as well...great looking!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 3rd February 2009 at 12:51.
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:44   #9
BHPian

I have seen the BMW X6 in flesh and its one awesome monster. It looks so muscular in its stance and love its road presence(though I did not see it on the road). I even managed to sit in it and it was awesome. From the back it can be mistaken for a Porsche Cayenne. It is going to be launched in Feb 2009.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The X6 is going to be launched this month or by March latest. BMW India is quite pissed off at independent dealers bringing them in before them & stealing BMW's thunder. Apparently, they plan to price it very very competitively to shock the independent dealers & the customers who've bought them for exorbitant prices.
if that happens, it will be good for the people who have waited for the official launch of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Oh cool! Look who's at the wheel in that first pic!

I really do like the look of the X6 as well...great looking!
And who is that?
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:28   #11

really love the cars , it has those curves which you can drool over.
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
I have seen the BMW X6 in flesh and its one awesome monster. It looks so muscular in its stance and love its road presence(though I did not see it on the road). I even managed to sit in it and it was awesome. From the back it can be mistaken for a Porsche Cayenne. It is going to be launched in Feb 2009.
Dude sorry, but you'd have to be very blind to mistake an X6 running away from you for a Cayenne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
if that happens, it will be good for the people who have waited for the official launch of the car.

And who is that?
Me! Lol! ..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd February 2009 at 18:23. Reason: see note in post
Old 4th February 2009, 00:14   #13
BHPian

I have seen a silver X6 at BMW Chennai dealer and it sounds great too.

PJ
Old 4th February 2009, 00:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
your kidding right?
Old 4th February 2009, 05:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Cayenne where did that come from!!

At the Auto show in Delhi where I saw the car in Flesh, there was a Cayenne standing right besides and I saw nothing in common. Didn’t check out the underbelly though

Most Viewed