Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2006, 03:06   #241
Senior - BHPian

Well, the people I know that wanted an F430 bought a Gallardo SE cause they didn't wanna wait!

And besides, there's no way you can substantiate what 90% of F430 owners in the US have paid!

Edit: I'm not saying there aren't people in this world for whom money is no object when they want something and want it now. But I have to disagree with your assumption that 90% of F430 owners have bought the cars at MASSIVE premiums. Simple market economics dictates that if 90% of buyers were willing to pay 75k USD more for a product, then it would retail at that price automatically.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 5th August 2006 at 03:15.
Old 5th August 2006, 06:29   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75
Well, the people I know that wanted an F430 bought a Gallardo SE cause they didn't wanna wait!

And besides, there's no way you can substantiate what 90% of F430 owners in the US have paid!

Edit: I'm not saying there aren't people in this world for whom money is no object when they want something and want it now. But I have to disagree with your assumption that 90% of F430 owners have bought the cars at MASSIVE premiums. Simple market economics dictates that if 90% of buyers were willing to pay 75k USD more for a product, then it would retail at that price automatically.
Usually only the Rosso Corsa ones.
Old 5th August 2006, 10:46   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75

So in your opinion Ferrari Should have started retailing the Enzo @ 1.2 mil from the start...

Its plain economics, the middle man always has the upper hand when it comes to rare and desirable things...hence the dealers make all the money in this case..
Old 5th August 2006, 12:41   #244
Senior - BHPian

You seem to think that most Ferraris are bought "down the line". Some Enzos were changing hands almost new at enormous premiums, yes, but the vast majority were sold to collectors who were carefully chosen by Ferrari, at retail price, though that did involve waiting for your car to arrive.

And in any case this is totally OT, so I'm not discussing it any further!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 5th August 2006 at 12:43.
Old 5th August 2006, 14:11   #245
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets not get off topic and stick to the Murcielago Barchetta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks