Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2005, 01:02   #1
BHPian

Harley-Davidson V-Rod [Special edition]

Saw and drove alongside a Harley-Davidson V-Rod Special edition this evening in Wanowrie........the whole bike was sculpted chrome....Simply Awesome!!!!!
When i pulled up next to him and yelled "Awesome bike man" he gave me the sourest look i've ever seen!!!!
So sad....all i wanted was a smile or thumbs up in return..........If i ever see it again........i hope i have my camera.....you'll need to see the beast!!!!
Old 13th May 2005, 01:54   #2
BHPian

Boy had been to Pune last weekend,must admit they aregreat cars around ...seen a White RR,3 LX470's,black X5 et all ... BTW,Dude don't worry about the looks these guys give ... next time you spot the bike just take on the camera and SHOOT the bike!!...HD V-rod's really great looking .... theres one here in Mumbai too...Jimmy Mistry residing in Wadala owns one.
Old 13th May 2005, 04:42   #3
tercelpower

seen the harley v rod in bahrain last year ie in november 2004 looks good...........

Old 13th May 2005, 10:55   #4
BHPian

If Motocyclying is Religion, Harley Davidson is GOD

Hey ! I agree guys...its truely one hell of a great bike...It took about 6 years of R & D to get it out onto the Tarmac...Its truely heaven to see one...Hope I get lucky soon...Truely one of the most beautiful Harley's in the World. Amen to that !!!
Old 13th May 2005, 11:03   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres a pic of Jimmy Mistry with his V-Rod. SOurce The Week
Old 13th May 2005, 13:45   #6
BANNED

ok ***. there are vrods now here. i always loved this harley since i aint a harley fan that much. how many of them are there in mumbai or india anyways ? boy have i been sleeping
Old 8th September 2005, 14:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Saw and drove alongside a Harley-Davidson V-Rod Special edition this evening in Wanowrie........the whole bike was sculpted chrome....Simply Awesome!!!!!
When i pulled up next to him and yelled "Awesome bike man" he gave me the sourest look i've ever seen!!!!
So sad....all i wanted was a smile or thumbs up in return..........If i ever see it again........i hope i have my camera.....you'll need to see the beast!!!!

Edmund, sure, its a great looking bike with "character" and sorry to hear about the "attitude" problem from the harley rider which does happen in many parts of the world. Anyway, don't take offence as the below should explain why Harley/Goldwing riders are unable to respond to a greeting:

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.
8. Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're jealous that after spending $30,000, they still don't own a Gold Wing.

But to be totally fair, sometimes GoldWing riders don't wave back either. Again, to facilitate understanding....
Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture .
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip .
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm .
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The expresso machine just finished .
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved .
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer .
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system .
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:10   #8
BHPian

Ha ha ha ha ha h ah......nice one........especially the "auto wave back button" one!!!!!
Old 8th September 2005, 20:16   #9
Team-BHP Support

The owner of Jaguar bath fittings in delhi i think owns one, not sure though.

manson.
Old 9th September 2005, 20:01   #10
BHPian

Jesal-> I there is A V-Rod in Bandra.This guy has three harley's and is known as a certified harley dude with gears and et all.(courtesy BsMotoring).

But neways i never like the V-Rod so....But a good bike.

Last edited by nikibusa : 9th September 2005 at 20:03.
Old 28th October 2007, 15:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

VROOM!!

Is there a teenager who hasn’t at some point nursed a dream of owning a really cool bike? Parvez Damania and Jimmy Mistry have made collecting bikes a hobby! Reagan Gavin Rasquinha joins them in the fast lane

PARVEZ DAMANIA As a teenager, did you dream about bikes?
I jumped on one every single opportunity I got. I drove bikes all over town, and out of town, long drives, solo, just the deep power of the bike and the road... it was heaven.
How would you modify bikes as a teenager?
I was the biggest modification my dad and mum were afraid of. My brother kidded me that I was one big accelerator. My dad used to say: ‘There is a brake on the other bar, Parvez, remember that.’
What was the first bike you owned?
A 250 cc Yezdi. This is a sacred thing among Parsis... You cannot marry outside the community (it’s bound to be a screwed up marriage!) and your first bike MUST be a Yezdi.
When did you get a Harley?
At the first available opportunity, 5 years ago. I got all the accessories, the shirts, the boots. I skipped on the hair and the beard. And I kept me and the bike clean.
How many bikes do you own in total?
Two. Both Harleys.
What's the most powerful bike you have?
The Harley Davidson NightRod.
Describe the satisfying feeling that riding a bike gives you...
Solo against the wind. Power at the flick of a wrist. Aggression at your command, but in your control. One flick of a wrist short of out-of-control, but that one flick of wrist will never happen.
You have the kind of bikes that teenagers dream of owning. What kind of reactions do you get when you whiz past on one of these?
Teenagers don't grow up, my friend, when it comes to bikes. These Harleys are the kind of bikes that every teenager aspires to, because they are Harleys and because they are the epitome of bikes. Bikes are two-wheeled versions of what life feels when you are a teenager. The entire machine is an extension of your body, and your body is just beginning to find out what a beautiful machine a body is. I have another reason why I think I must still be a teenager when I am on a bike, because I enjoy their envy, and I love they way they call out and whistle at the bike.
Is it true that riding these bikes makes you feel like a carefree teenager again?
True. It does. And its not just the ‘teenager’ bit, its the part where you can actually sense that all of life is you against the elements.
What’s the maintenance process for your bikes like?
Very very meticulous. Very fastidious. I follow the companyprescribed regimen to the T. And my bikes are always immaculately maintained, you’ve heard of the adage where a Parsi-maintained vehicle is as good as new. A Parsi-maintained Harley? Ditto!

JIMMY MISTRY
What was the first bike you owned?
I got my first bike when I was in school and had just hit my teens. Before that, I used to drive my father’s old Vespa and was a moped. It was a small one that could crank out about 50cc! I started doing stunts on that moped. The first motorbike I bought myself was a Yamaha. It was as a struggle to get it, but I paid for it with the money I got by doing small bike-modifying jobs.
How do you approach bike modification?
You need to modify with an intent as that is very important. I would firstly look at why I would intend to modify a bike, based on aesthetics, functionality, speed or power. For a person who wants to do motorcross, aesthetics is not important. When I modified my Harley, I put in braided brake lines. For the Rocket 3, I installed K9 filters and changed the entire body and put in a tribal kit which has got flames on top which gives a very retro tribal look to it.
When did you first get a Harley? When I went for the first race to Pune in 1989, I first saw interneational bikes. The 250cc Yamaha YZ was one that made an impression on me. I got a Harley in 2002, the V-Rod. Before that, I had a Hayabusa.
How many bikes do you own in total?
A couple of them! Or maybe more... The Ducati 1100cc is my next target
What’s the most powerful bike you have?
The Rocket 3
Describe the satisfying feeling that riding a bike gives you...
It’s sex on wheels! I can’t think of a better adjective for it. For me, the attachment I have for a bike is as much as the attachment I have for a woman. I have a very modern outlook about this. I’m not one of those old generation bawas who’d keep a bike for 50 years. I like technology and speed.
Is it true that riding these bikes makes you feel like a carefree teenager again? What's the feeling like? Well, not exactly like a teenager but it keeps me in touch with the younger generation. As teenagers grow up, for some of them, the passion for such things the passion dissipates. For me, it never has. Sitting on a bike, I’m still in touch with reality, the things like the reality of traffic jam — the dust, heat and grit. If you’re in a Merc or BMW, you’re cossetted from the world. The grit, the reality is something I love. Besides, you cannot just expect to ride on an open expressway all the time with no one around you. I am comfortable riding in any environment.
What’s the maintenance process for your bikes like?
I have experienced people handling my bikes. And unless someone is close to me, I don’t allow anyone who doesn’t understand bikes. They take a lot of maintenance. But there’s one very important thing I’d like to add. These machines can kill in a few seconds. They’re beautiful to look at but can knock you out. Once you have crossed 190, it feels like you don’t have any brakes. It might look amazing, but extreme care must be taken when riding these bikes.

Source - Todays BT
Old 28th October 2007, 15:52   #12
BHPian

people...i just heard that a realtor/builder (twin towers in hebbal)'s son bought a v-rod. will try get confirmation.
Old 28th October 2007, 16:05   #13
BHPian

which is bike that the red one
Old 28th October 2007, 16:38   #14
BHPian

looks like a variant of the vrod
Old 28th October 2007, 16:53   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I see it quite often on Dhole Patil road outside a bakery. Seen the owner of the bakery riding it many times too.

Most Viewed