Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 16:05   #151
BHPian

Our M5 has the Eisenmann Sports Exhaust system. The car was growling all the way through the rally and the exhaust note is killer. Sounds like a muscle car and my friend just loves it. The other M5 was so silent. We are planning on more exotic mods and exhausts for both, the M5 and the Targa will keep you posted.

Last edited by Dippy : 6th April 2009 at 17:54.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:55   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
...was a pretty bad experience for the participants..
Maybe, but pretty much all drivers were having a ball of a time flooring it at every opportunity without worrying about cops. Heck, the cops were there for them that morning and everything was happening in their face !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Anyways i too hope that this become an annual event, and the line up of cars goes from strength to strength every year.
There is talk of it becoming an annual event. And there's lots of scope for expansion. This must have probably been 50% of what actually exists hidden deep in Mumbai's garages. Infact a lot of owners who own multiple exotics showed up in one or two. No LP, the white Aston wasn't around etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A rather funny/embarrasing episode happened a few months back thanks to his M2.5 ! I was on Marine Drive late on a saturday night, look back in the rear few mirror and i see a grey 5 series with the M5 bumper on my tail, I presumed it was my friend and wanted to play. I floor it, he floors it, we zip down marine drive while I am in the lead all the way.....suddenly I hear a LOUD roar, I said this doesn't sound right, a 530i is not this loud and last when I met him he did not even have an exhaust kit on.
I then slow down and give him way, only to find out it was a real M5- the one with regn MP 666 The guy driving was pissssed
Hilarious man. I'm surprised he didn't just nail it and shoot past you gesturing in anger. The 666's exhaust note is quite subdued compared to the white M5.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:17   #153
Senior - BHPian

Stunning pictures. How i wish i was in mumbai!!!

The turn out was really mindblowing. And if i go by flyingspur's words then a 100% turnout would be something to drool for.

@tejas your friends take on narain being the chess champion was hilarious to say the least.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:39   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

Hilarious man. I'm surprised he didn't just nail it and shoot past you gesturing in anger. The 666's exhaust note is quite subdued compared to the white M5.
He did actually nail it the minute he saw me go pedal to metal, but there was light traffic around so I managed to cut across a little faster. It was a good sprint we did close to 150 at one point, until I let go.

The funnier part is he saw me the very next evening on the same road again, and I guess he recognized my car and gunned it. Obviously, I let him go out of respect this time around, but his car sounded superb!!
Old 6th April 2009, 17:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ouch that would've hurt...... , just talked to someone who participated and he told me that the event was good fun for the on lookers and was a pretty bad experience for the participants ...told me that all the exotics were getting "touched" by everyone so most of the owners were unhappy with that so could be that next time if this happens the people participating would think twice before entering or would get security with so as to keep the crowd off their cars...
The cars were touched only by those people who had invites to enter the paddock and the media of course. The general public was not allowed in the car park area.

I missed a Murcielago though. The other cars missed was the Shelby GT500 belonging to the Nawab, pure muscle car roar, Tendu's Ferrari 360 and my favourite of all the Ferrari 355 which is no longer in Mumbai. Hopefully more cars next time around.

The flagoff for the rally should be early morning at around 8 to avoid traffic and get empty roads. The cars can be displayed later starting at 10 am onwards. 11 was a wrong time to flagoff.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:21   #156
Senior - BHPian

there were about 2 security guards aroudn each vehicle which were very alert and were protecting the vehicles quite nicely.. reagarding that touching thing, i felt that was very less.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:56   #157
BHPian

It was quite bad getting into the parking lot itself

1) No one directing traffic on the right hand turn to the parking lot
2) People on both sides so close their feet like cms away from the car tyres
3) Once in, no idea where to park took them some co-ordination
4) The there were a lot of people in and announcements like " Please move out or else face dire circumstances" something like that
5) After the cars came back there was mayhem with loads of people in

Some advertising material even fell on one of the Ferrari cars chipping some paint out,
Old 6th April 2009, 21:25   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
He did actually nail it the minute he saw me go pedal to metal, but there was light traffic around so I managed to cut across a little faster. It was a good sprint we did close to 150 at one point, until I let go.

The funnier part is he saw me the very next evening on the same road again, and I guess he recognized my car and gunned it. Obviously, I let him go out of respect this time around, but his car sounded superb!!
that m5 belongs to my friend. it was present at this show. and i can totally imagine what happened. they use the car like its meant to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The cars were touched only by those people who had invites to enter the paddock and the media of course. The general public was not allowed in the car park area.
just before the event ended the guards suddenly let everyone in. so even ramus and shamus off the road came and started touching the phantoms, r8s, m5s and the gallardos. frankly it was irritating seeing those people treating the cars like that.

also like kinetik posted someone managed to drop one of those little steel supports that hold a rope to stop people from getting to near the car. it was the f430 and the paint got chipped.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Two funniest anecdotes from the event so far:

1. Narain Karthikeyan being called a chess player.
2. Gautam's driver complete with topi driving the Ariel Atom. Poor guy at least give him a helmet to keep the muck out of his face!
Old 6th April 2009, 23:26   #160
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more pics i clicked of one of the most beautiful car of the show...The Ferrari 348ts.
Love that pic of the prancing horse!
Attached Thumbnails
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc03880.jpg  

Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc03916.jpg  

Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc03897.jpg  

Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc03879.jpg  

Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc03928.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 00:23   #161
BANNED

feels good to see all these hot hot cars participating ... would just hope that something like this happens in DELHI..!!!!
Old 7th April 2009, 01:16   #162
Team-BHP Support

heres one from me. it was taken on the road so it qualifies.
Attached Thumbnails
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-p4051711-copy-copy.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 01:26   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i guess its not a "wannabe" m5 because if he wanted to make it look like an m5 he would have got the m5 replica kit instead he just got the bmw aero kit (its called something similar to it ) so hence i think hes just a bmw enthusiast who wanted his 5 to look better than the stock one because there are kits that would make it look exactly like the m5 ...im glad he didnt do that .
Its not a BMW aero kit. Like i mentioned, its a combination of M5 kit and Mtech rear. He imported it OEM from an aftermarket supplier in USA costed him a packet, almost 4 lakhs!!

And you are right his intension was not to pass off as a wannabe M5, it took him a while to even put that ///M badge on.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:32   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
heres one from me. it was taken on the road so it qualifies.
the 6 series looks gorgeous and so does the R8 behind it.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 7th April 2009 at 01:33.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:35   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
the 6 series looks gorgeous and so does the R8 behind it.

rev
theres also an m5 btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks