here are 2 more edited pics from me -
Attached Thumbnails
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-p4051777-copy.jpg  

Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-p4051780-copy.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 12:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Looks like Kandivli resident Arpan Divanjee dropped a special request with his friend from the press [who we met at the event, yes] to mention his enthusiasm gone overboard at the event.

I'm sorry, but this deserves another....

EDIT : OMG F50 just dropped another piece of info on me.... AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
I did not see Arpan with any camera at the venue. Infact everyone apart from Arpan was clicking away but no mention of any of them. Even I am a Kandivali resident and Akshay a Bandra resident armed with cameras.

Arpans enthusiasm can be excused. Cant help it. But I am still wondering who made a special request to whom hmmm...

@Arpan: Who were you coaxing so much to join you at Cafe Mondegar while we were on the drive?

Last edited by Dippy : 6th April 2009 at 12:57.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:28   #138
BHPian

As Akshay said it was a 5 series with a M5 bodykit a wannabe M5 but later Tejas came up with a perfect name and so the M2.5 was born.
Hey and guys don't forget the tyres on the Nano pls.
Attached Thumbnails
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-dsc00239.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 12:57   #139
BANNED

i guess its not a "wannabe" m5 because if he wanted to make it look like an m5 he would have got the m5 replica kit instead he just got the bmw aero kit (its called something similar to it ) so hence i think hes just a bmw enthusiast who wanted his 5 to look better than the stock one because there are kits that would make it look exactly like the m5 ...im glad he didnt do that .
Old 6th April 2009, 13:21   #140

Doesnt the 550 come with that kit as standard? I remember seeing nd posting pictures of a ssoi with the same kit. But without the M5 batch. And the car in question look very good!!
Old 6th April 2009, 13:49   #141
BHPian

probably he order a 5 series M sport which comes factory fitted M5 kit without the badge.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
i guess its not a "wannabe" m5 because if he wanted to make it look like an m5 he would have got the m5 replica kit instead he just got the bmw aero kit (its called something similar to it)
I was not aware of the aero kit. We all assumed it was an M wannabe, since it, well, has an M badge! Looked quite alright, yes. But incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@Arpan: Who were you coaxing so much to join you at Cafe Mondegar while we were on the drive?
Cyrus, apparently
Old 6th April 2009, 14:18   #143
BHPian

Good event, huge turn out, nice to see Mumbai has so many auto buffs around. Great cars.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:43   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Good event, huge turn out, nice to see Mumbai has so many auto buffs around. Great cars.
It's really amusing when people post without reading the entire thread / looking only at pictures / pretend to be complete unaware about what's been discussed in the last few posts

Arpan Divanjee, auto buffoon clicking away to glory it seems !!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 6th April 2009 at 14:44.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:06   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Another highlight of the day was when my friend pointed to one guy and said "Who's this?". I told her that's Narain Karthikeyan. To that she replied, "Good to see Autocar calling celebrities from the chess world..."
ha ha ha :lol
Old 6th April 2009, 15:15   #146
BHPian

Great thread guys. Thanks for sharing info and the pictures. Lovely to see India has a strong foundation in the international car zone.

Does anyone know who own the Nissan GTR, or more importantly how much would it cost in India (I think it's imported, right?). I plan to get one for myself in Mumbai.

Thanks again for sharing photos, and great editing skills on the last two photos akshay.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:20   #147
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Wanted to come to see the event but had other plans. Nice to see so many supercars.

Loved the good 'ol ferrari. She looks awesome. Sad that there were no murci's at the event.

Any idea who were those 2 good looking chicks driving the gallardo?

Looks like the Ferrari had issues with the GC. The fragments are still visible on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.-1.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th April 2009 at 15:21.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:33   #148
BANNED

ouch that would've hurt...... , just talked to someone who participated and he told me that the event was good fun for the on lookers and was a pretty bad experience for the participants ...told me that all the exotics were getting "touched" by everyone so most of the owners were unhappy with that so could be that next time if this happens the people participating would think twice before entering or would get security with so as to keep the crowd off their cars...
Old 6th April 2009, 15:44   #149
BHPian

How could i miss this? Perhaps my laziness to get out of bed on a Sunday morning got the better of me, but it would have been worth it (in hindsight).

Anyways i too hope that this become an annual event, and the line up of cars goes from strength to strength every year.

For all those who posted pictures here - thanks a lot. they are great. would have loved to hear the exhausts in person though
Old 6th April 2009, 16:02   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Yes it was, parked at Phoenix Mills. AFAIK it was 7800, maybe I'm mistaken.
Yup it's gotta be his car. It's an OEM M5 kit that he imported for his 530i. The front bumper is the M5 one while the rear bumper is Mtech with carbon fiber diffuser, hence no quad exhausts. He even has the M5 grill fenders, it's hard to tell it's not a M5 atleast from the front end.

A rather funny/embarrasing episode happened a few months back thanks to his M2.5 ! I was on Marine Drive late on a saturday night, look back in the rear few mirror and i see a grey 5 series with the M5 bumper on my tail, I presumed it was my friend and wanted to play. I floor it, he floors it, we zip down marine drive while I am in the lead all the way.....suddenly I hear a LOUD roar, I said this doesn't sound right, a 530i is not this loud and last when I met him he did not even have an exhaust kit on.
I then slow down and give him way, only to find out it was a real M5- the one with regn MP 666 The guy driving was pissssed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks