Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 01:38   #166
Senior - BHPian

Me likes the M5....very much. The R8 looks crap anyway.
Old 7th April 2009, 04:51   #167
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys, would request everyone not to mix up this event / pics with the Multiple Imported cars thread. This thread has been specifically created for the Supercar rally so please post all pics of the rally here. Thanks.
Old 7th April 2009, 06:27   #168
BHPian

MumbaiCars are waking up finally.
We need a track in Mumbai or somewhere nearby- soon.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:28   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
We need a track in Mumbai or somewhere nearby- soon.
+1 I could not agree with you more!
Old 7th April 2009, 12:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

im sure mumbaikars enjoyed this awesome show.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:55   #171
BHPian

dissappointed

I participated in the show - and it was sad overall for the reason it was more an opportunity for rich brats to show off - rather than a true petrol heads meet - and I agree with a comment early on that this must be just a fraction of super cars (and how do rolls royces and 7 series BMWs qualify as those I wonder). Even if we had a fraction of the level of discussion there - that we have on this thread it would have been a little better. I was very dissappointed.

I just think we all got succerred into participating in a Raymonds publicity stunt. Why can't we have a regular format - like drives once a month on a fixed date - where people can participate - meet and talk cars. I am willing to be the first to volunteer - how about the last saturday of every month?
Old 7th April 2009, 15:18   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty dog View Post
I participated in the show - and it was sad overall...
If I may ask, which car did you participate in? Just curious.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:32   #173
BHPian

@flyingspur

salty dog has one of the best kept porsche 911 993. you can see the pictures here in the thread and also in the PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008 thread.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:43   #174
Team-BHP Support

I agree with salty dog. It should have been called "The Exotic Car Show."
Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches and (if you like) the Audi R8 were the only supercars there. A Hummer is certainly no supercar.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:48   #175
BHPian

the stunning 993, if i could hazard a guess the same from worli sea face in mumbai and was previously Metallic Gold in color and sold by the previous owner recently.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2009 at 19:00. Reason: Please do NOT mention owner names in the Supercars sections. Please see the sticky with the Supercars section rules. Thanks.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:54   #176
BHPian

much stored angst

Thanks samyak for the compliment.

Transam you're right - except I wouldn't call them previous owners - anyone with a half decent upbringing wouldn't have kep any car in the shape they had - leave alone a Porsche 993. I have done nothing short of completely rebuilding the car. Its awaiting its final stage of restoration wherein it will be stripped and repained and reassembled with new everything from liners to inserts - everything. I hope then it will really qualify for "stunning".

so gentlemen how does one organise a monthly get together/drive. I am new here and don't yet know my way around. Is there a bulletin board one can post a notice on? Help and support would be much appreciated.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:08   #177
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification, yes had seen it at AM Motors for a bit, where she was being worked upon & painted and was in need for immediate attention to the mechanicals etc.Wish you good luck with this beauty..

Last edited by TRANSAM : 7th April 2009 at 16:09.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:09   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so gentlemen how does one organise a monthly get together/drive. I am new here and don't yet know my way around. Is there a bulletin board one can post a notice on? Help and support would be much appreciated.
You can start a thread here and see how many people join in.

The Team-BHP Meet Section - Team-BHP
Old 7th April 2009, 17:19   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks samyak for the compliment.

Transam you're right - except I wouldn't call them previous owners - anyone with a half decent upbringing wouldn't have kep any car in the shape they had - leave alone a Porsche 993. I have done nothing short of completely rebuilding the car. Its awaiting its final stage of restoration wherein it will be stripped and repained and reassembled with new everything from liners to inserts - everything. I hope then it will really qualify for "stunning".

@saltydog

We regulars do meet up quite often over dinner etc and generally to hang out and discuss cars. Keep an eye on the meet section and you can surely join in next time.

P.S I saw your 993 at the show. Had I known it was yours, I would have certainly looked you up at the event. The 993 is my all time favourite of the Porsche 911 breed. Well maybe some other time.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:46   #180
BHPian

Look forward to it Dippy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks