Team-BHP - Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/55994-event-mumbai-supercar-show-5th-april-2009-pics-pg5.html)

Just came across this on the net . Mumbai's First Super Car show at Kalaghoda on 5th April 2009. Its a sort of a rally . The cars will drive from Kalaghoda to Siddivinayak and back. In association with Autocar India. Participating Cars Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, GTR, etc etc.. Here is the invite. Does anyone know about this??

I do know lot about it. I wonder how you got through to this.
Good thing - 25% or more participating cars would be Porsche cars. And yes as you said the Italian cars would be there too. Its a Super car club and the brain child of Raymonds. i dont think i am allowed to say anything more on this.

Parx aka Raymond's aka GS! So expect a Gallardo, Ariel Atom etc. etc.!

Wow.
Amazing
Will be waiting for pics and videos from this event.

Yes dippy we had heard about this.Infact you would see the C 63 AMG too!!! :)

Oh and how could i forget, joining the C 63 AGM would be the SL 63 AMG, SLK 55 AMG.

That sounds really exciting.Is the event only for select invitees or is general public also allowed to see the show? I really wanna come!

cyrus or someone please shed some light on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 1239418)
I do know lot about it. I wonder how you got through to this.
Good thing - 25% or more participating cars would be Porsche cars. And yes as you said the Italian cars would be there too. Its a Super car club and the brain child of Raymonds. i dont think i am allowed to say anything more on this.

:mad: What do you mean by "How did you get to know?" Its not a national secret! Obviously he has posted the card so he must have received an invitation and thats how he knows. Congrats regarding your knowledge but if you cant share it then its of no use to us, sorry.
I cant understand the whole idea of having a simple car show and treat it as if its a national secret. In any case there are invites na? Then let N number of people try, they wont be allowed in, right? Take the uber exclusive Cartier show which almost every car enthusiast knew about but only few were invited.

Dippy thanks for sharing information and your enthusiasm, something that this forum is all about. I hope you dont have an oath of secrecy and are sworn to be quiet about this show.
Please share the details unless you will have to be killed if you spoke:D

Cars should line up at Kalaghoda similar to how we see the Classics at the VCCCI rally each year. I dont see a problem for car enthusiasts coming to see the cars. I have seen many exotics in Mumbai and been around them too but it would nice too see them all in one place at one time. One may not be able to go for that drive unless you own a car or know someone who owns one and is participating. But hey its all about meeting up and having a good time.

Me, Gogi and my brother are in. Who else is in for this meet? After this we can proceed to see the Malaysian GP somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1239782)
....Me, Gogi and my brother are in. Who else is in for this meet? ...

Darnit. I will be out of town!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1239509)
Parx aka Raymond's aka GS! ...

AHA! I saw the s2000 hitting the street fairly enthusiastically today, and was thinking - "perhaps the Speedrun is to happen soon afterall" - but i guess this explains it.

cya
R

Gogi, What about the Vintage car rally?? Arent you going?

I will be going for that one too. With its record, it just might get postphoned again:D

is this some kind of rally only or a show too.. where all the cars will be on display too? sounds exciting. and are any tickets available for this anyhere or its just invitees? please shed some more light on this guys

Interesting, please do click a lot of pictures.

Many hours of standing in the hot sun and risking a stroke, unsure if I'll get to really see a supercar at close quarters OR
Hitting the highway in the comfort of my own airconditioned car, the pleasure of driving with the promise of a pollution free destination.
It's a no-brainer. Option 2 for me. Will come to the supercar show only if I don't go anywhere.
My bet is, for the average motoring fan this supercar show will be the same as standing outside the Porsche showroom and staring at the Carrera GT. Nothing more. Otherwise, where are the advertisements? Where are the invitations?
With Pedder Road being made a one-way, who ever goes, best of of luck.