Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 12:01   #46
BHPian

15-20 lakhs worth of extra ?!! thats like 30 % of the base price.

Also to your statement 'It comes pre configured so if you want the vehicle then you will have to accept it with the configuration you get it in.' - with this being the case, why even project the tag of 65L and not do so at the actual rate with all the extras.

Seems you will never get one at 65 ex even if one wanted to.
jigbarai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2010, 12:14   #47
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
15-20 lakhs worth of extra ?!! thats like 30 % of the base price.

Also to your statement 'It comes pre configured so if you want the vehicle then you will have to accept it with the configuration you get it in.' - with this being the case, why even project the tag of 65L and not do so at the actual rate with all the extras.

Seems you will never get one at 65 ex even if one wanted to.
You can get a Cayenne at 65 ex if you prefer to wait after placing your order. Or else you pick up whatever is present in the stock.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:38   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Reviving the thread! ;-)

Anyways.. Just for the sake of it.. How would the newly launched facelifted bmw x5 xDrive30d compare with the cayenne diesel? I mean these two are the closest competitors I think..

1) Both are supposedly great handlers and car like to drive
2) Both are with 3 litre diesel heart making similar power
3) Both do 0-100 kmph in 7.xx seconds.
4) Both are not great offroaders
5) Both are comparable in comfort, reliability, performance, practicality, sportiness and appeal to the same segment of buyers.

The ML class and the Q7 (3.0 diesel) fall a little short in performance and sportiness whereas the X6 looks a little less practical than these two. So these suv's, though great, are not considered in this comparo!

So which one would be your pick and why? Discussion is open..

Personally I love the porsche but I just don't see a 3 litre diesel somehow fit for a porsche and it suits more in a bmw. A guy driving a diesel porsche is like.. Reaching there almost but just not there yet! Where as a diesel bmw is very practical and perfectly acceptable.

The intention is not to change the main topic of the thread or hijack it in anyway.. but just know the general opinion of bhpians..
I do feel this discussion is and will be better off with a new thread

Personally, I feel the new X5 looks like a more approachable car. And also it have the option of having a third row of seats (consider as child seats). For me the interiors of Cayenne looks a bit over engineered and too sterile.
By the way X6 is not an SUV, just a butched up car - more for making a statement.
Old 26th November 2010, 13:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
so the price is a misnomer here ?
65 lakhs ex-delhi and 90 OTR doesnt quite add up easily.
something amiss here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I do feel this discussion is and will be better off with a new thread

Personally, I feel the new X5 looks like a more approachable car. And also it have the option of having a third row of seats (consider as child seats). For me the interiors of Cayenne looks a bit over engineered and too sterile.
By the way X6 is not an SUV, just a butched up car - more for making a statement.
Are you sure the BMW X5 has a third row of seat as an option ?
Because when I found out , they said they dont offer.
Old 26th November 2010, 15:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post

Yup it does come as an option but as mentioned before, it hardly makes any sense at all as there is negligible space. The 3rd row seats were described as "strictly for small children and that too on vast distances would be jail-like"
Judging from the exterior dimensions, i am not surprised, i mean for remotely comfortable 3rd row seating a Q7, GL sized car AT LEAST is needed.
Old 26th November 2010, 16:32   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Yup it does come as an option but as mentioned before, it hardly makes any sense at all as there is negligible space. The 3rd row seats were described as "strictly for small children and that too on vast distances would be jail-like"
Judging from the exterior dimensions, i am not surprised, i mean for remotely comfortable 3rd row seating a Q7, GL sized car AT LEAST is needed.
Yes, it does. But as mentioned above, quite odd-looking seats. It really looked more like an attraction to tick on in the options list.
Old 28th November 2010, 12:38   #52
BHPian

To start with, the New Cayenne Diesel is at a introductory ex showroom price of 59.22 lacs. Options, registration and insurance extra. There is no compulsion to only order a pre configured car. Its a Porsche and it can be customized and bought like any other Porsche.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
To start with, the New Cayenne Diesel is at a introductory ex showroom price of 59.22 lacs. Options, registration and insurance extra. There is no compulsion to only order a pre configured car. Its a Porsche and it can be customized and bought like any other Porsche.
Firstly the Ex-showrom I think is a bit more than that , it was 65.7 when we bought it.
And yes we can configure the car according to out choice but that as I was informed by Porsche is going to take more than a Year.
The first 50 cars or so are all pre configured and can be bought only as they are.
But as I earlier said the prices for the options are not worth at all.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
3rd row seating in X5 costs Rs 2lacs or thereabouts, and might not be available in the pre- ordered vehicles. But most of the pre- ordered cars might have Rs 2.5L DVD screens, Rs. 2.25L glass sunroof to allow crow droppings and "paan" sprinkles and Rs. 1 lac chrome trimmings, but no spare wheel, which is "only" 25 or 30k. Come on, do you feel like asking for a 25k option on a BMW? It'd be like filling Diesel for Rs. 100 at the pump in your Bimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Sure, everything is optional. But these German companies "allocates" or "allots" a quota of every model to India, and the dealers "pre- book", "pre- order" them for customers' benefit- so that he/ she is spared the pain of selecting the colors, and going through all those hardbound Bible- thick option lists, and just buy the car on offer. For this great convenience, what is it to take Rs 4L alloys or aluminum trim or carbon- look steering casing or Porsche crest embroidered in the seats? And if you insist that your choice is better than the dealer's wise selection, you have to invariably wait an year. Well, then the anticipation becomes fun in itself, doesn't it?

OT: I hear BMW offers a special headlining in some of its CBU's at Rs. 2L.

And people, ever heard of a "mandatory option"?

Last edited by Yeldo : 29th November 2010 at 11:04.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:57   #55
BHPian

Re: Cayenne Diesel launched @ Rs. 64.95 lakh, ex-Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Yes it is, but you'd expect Porsche to do the needful before to differentiate itself from the Q7.
Besides most people would rather not chip their cars to avoid voiding warranty. Its easier said than done. I too am in the same boat, when I bought my 525d I was baffled looking at all the remap/chip options there were for that engine. But it's been 1.5 years I still haven't gotten down to doing any kind of modification nor do I see myself doing any in the future.
You do know that if you get a software upgrade, you can easily reflash it when you need to take the car into the dealership. They won't notice a thing. When you get the car back, you can reprogram it.
Old 8th December 2010, 19:12   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
You do know that if you get a software upgrade, you can easily reflash it when you need to take the car into the dealership. They won't notice a thing. When you get the car back, you can reprogram it.
Yes I do know that but still stayed away from the remap as have read that the e60 525d gearbox is mated to handle only 400nm torque. Hence didn't want to risk more.
Old 13th September 2012, 07:39   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Porsche’s unveils the new Cayenne S diesel, which is powered by a twin-turbo-diesel V-8.
Cayenne Diesel launched @ Rs. 64.95 lakh, ex-Delhi-2013porschecayennesdieselfrontthreequarter623x389.jpg

Underhood is a 4.2-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 that’s rated at 381 hp and a massive 627 lb-ft of torque – the most torque offered in any Cayenne variant. The manufacturer quotes a 0-62 mph time of just 5.7 seconds.

Despite the plentiful power, Porsche expects the V-8-powered Cayenne S Diesel to achieve the equivalent of 28 mpg on the European combined test cycle.
Porsche estimates that the Cayenne S Diesel can go 745 miles between fill-ups. Power is sent to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission, which boasts an automatic engine start/stop function.

Sales begin in January – for European customers only – with prices starting at £58,243 ($93,806).

Cayenne S Diesel will do battle with BMW’s X5 M50d and the Audi Q7 4.2 TDI.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/oil-...#ixzz26JMrkenz[/COLOR]
Old 13th September 2012, 10:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Porsche’s unveils the new Cayenne S diesel, which is powered by a twin-turbo-diesel V-8.

The official launch of the car is in december and they have two production slots for India. The Indian cars will be here by april or june and one car will come to Bombay.
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:33   #59
Team-BHP Support

Porsche has launched the Cayenne Diesel Platinum Edition in India at a price of Rs. 86.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and Rs. 84.93 lakh (ex-showroom, Maharashtra).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics : The Official Porsche Cayenne Turbo thread

Folks! Porsche India launched the Cayenne Platinum Edition Yesterday.

Cayenne Diesel launched @ Rs. 64.95 lakh, ex-Delhi-10629842_10152341275176234_8311670756582284943_n.jpg

Quote:
Porsche India launched the Cayenne Platinum Edition today at prices of INR 84.93 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Maharashtra, and INR 86.5 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Delhi. The Platinum Edition is available exclusively with the 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutosBlog

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks