Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 13:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This is gonna be a market Benchmark! Firstly it is a diesel, and then on top of that, it is a Porsche. Absolutely Deadly combo. Speedy Bhai, Do you regret taking the Merc now??? I know how badly you were waiting for this one!
No Cyrus no regrets here, as i would wait for Porsche to sell a few diesels and get one next year. The Cayenne has already proved itself with the petrols and now an awsome combination for the High runners like me (ML crossed the 26,000 kms mark already). The car would be great for the Price it is offered at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Does someone have comparitive pricing info of Q7,Cayenne D, X5,X6,ML250 or is it 350 that is worth comparing here?
Its the ML 320 CDI and 350 petrol, yes they are worth comparing here as you would be suprised with what they can do. The interiors are the best in the Market and power output and ride comfort is just too good. The Q7,X5,Toureg,ML all start at 50 odd lakhs base and then with the options you choose increase in value. The X6 is for around 70 odd Lakhs.

Last edited by speedy : 7th May 2009 at 13:37.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
on what basis are you making these assumptions? have you taken one off-roading?

also in future try not to judge an SUV's offroad capabilities just by the tire profile.
@v10 with all the technologies it has got it need a good tires(i mean off roading) to transfer them to the ground and keep the car to the ground.

i have never driven any car off-road, though i have been for few rides.in the above video TOP GEAR's Richard Hammond complains the low profile tire of the cayenne is not providing adequate grip inspite of all the technologies.

on the other hand with rims as small as 17 or 18 inch they can be fitted with a proper off-road tyre
Old 9th May 2009, 17:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Its got the Tdi heart from the Audi im told
Old 11th May 2009, 19:23   #34
BHPian

There is a V-12 TDI version of Q7 available in Europe. If Cayenne TDI does well, hopefully they will bring the v-12 version also.

Audi UK > New Cars > Audi Q7 > Audi Q7 V12 TDI quattro

See the spec, its 500ps, 1000 NM of torque ( way beyond my imagination)

Raneesh.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:55   #35
BHPian

See the spec, its 500ps, 1000 NM of torque ( way beyond my imagination)

now that sounds like familiar number for porche.
the 3ltr tdi engine should be a good engine but the name porche go well with 6ltr v12 500bhp 1000nm torque
Old 15th May 2009, 18:26   #36
BHPian

The idea behind the diesel is that Porsche is going greener. A bigger diesel would have polluted similar to the petrol turbo, so it did not make any sense for Porsche.
The 3litre engine from VW-Audi family is good and tweaked more for the Cayenne.

And at the end of the day, Porsche does not care what is expected of them, They do what they feel is right and have been ever so successful because of the same reason.
So we can always have our own expert comments and wait for Porsche to do things their way.
Inspite of Recession where even toyota is not been spared of billions of Dollar losses, its just Porsche which still ended making money.
Old 15th May 2009, 18:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The idea behind the diesel is that Porsche is going greener. A bigger diesel would have polluted similar to the petrol turbo, so it did not make any sense for Porsche.
The 3litre engine from VW-Audi family is good and tweaked more for the Cayenne.

And at the end of the day, Porsche does not care what is expected of them, They do what they feel is right and have been ever so successful because of the same reason.
So we can always have our own expert comments and wait for Porsche to do things their way.
Inspite of Recession where even toyota is not been spared of billions of Dollar losses, its just Porsche which still ended making money.

Now now , that is not the way to frame it . Porsche is going greener because people want more fuel efficient cars. So it is expected of them to make greener cars , thereby reaching out to a more voluminous base of clients. Lets not be brash and say "they don't care what is expected of them and they do what they feel is right" .

Oh and they have been losing money just as every one else. Sales reduced by 27% , 3 billion euro loss till January of 2009 , cutting down on racing schedules , revenue decrease of some 14% etc are a few facts to mention.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:07   #38
BHPian

i had no intentions of sounding brash at all.
Actually this official Porsche video we have says the same statement all the time so i am so used to it.
And you surely seem to have your figures right, but in other words we can say Porsche has been the least affected of them all.
Old 17th May 2009, 01:24   #39
BHPian

you were not brash doctorque.you just had something to say.and there are more reasons to go green.the government is also acting tough and not the people alone.and that is why they took over vw to merge the numbers and show overall production of greener cars.cheers
Old 17th May 2009, 04:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Porsche cannot make it, I hope this will be green-lighted for production soon.
Unfortunately,Audi has pulled the plug on V12 TDI R8.It will not go for production for the time being.But they are out with R8 V10 same like Lambo g but slightly less tweaked
Old 26th November 2010, 05:22   #41
BHPian

Reviving the thread! ;-)

Anyways.. Just for the sake of it.. How would the newly launched facelifted bmw x5 xDrive30d compare with the cayenne diesel? I mean these two are the closest competitors I think..

1) Both are supposedly great handlers and car like to drive
2) Both are with 3 litre diesel heart making similar power
3) Both do 0-100 kmph in 7.xx seconds.
4) Both are not great offroaders
5) Both are comparable in comfort, reliability, performance, practicality, sportiness and appeal to the same segment of buyers.

The ML class and the Q7 (3.0 diesel) fall a little short in performance and sportiness whereas the X6 looks a little less practical than these two. So these suv's, though great, are not considered in this comparo!

So which one would be your pick and why? Discussion is open..

Personally I love the porsche but I just don't see a 3 litre diesel somehow fit for a porsche and it suits more in a bmw. A guy driving a diesel porsche is like.. Reaching there almost but just not there yet! Where as a diesel bmw is very practical and perfectly acceptable.

The intention is not to change the main topic of the thread or hijack it in anyway.. but just know the general opinion of bhpians..

Last edited by magikrider : 26th November 2010 at 05:26.
Old 26th November 2010, 07:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

My uncle managed to get INdia's first Cayenne Diesel long time back.
It comes pre configured so if you want the vehicle then you will have to accept it with the configuration you get it in.

Fortunately or unfortunately , my unlce's vehicle came fully loaded and costed around 90 OTR.
Old 26th November 2010, 08:39   #43
BHPian

so the price is a misnomer here ?
65 lakhs ex-delhi and 90 OTR doesnt quite add up easily.
something amiss here ?
Old 26th November 2010, 08:47   #44
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

65 lakhs is the price of the base Cayenne diesel. Options are extra. The price may have reached 90 OTR because Porsche brought a car with more options. Else it starts at 65 ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
so the price is a misnomer here ?
65 lakhs ex-delhi and 90 OTR doesnt quite add up easily.
something amiss here ?
The options will easily add up as the prices for the different options are sky high.
For example the mats on the car cost 45,000 and the the PCM comes at around 1.5 lakhs.
Just for starters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks