Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 15:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Ecks, your garage is just so amazing. But why do you plan to sell the porshe , is it because it doesnt excite you any more or your garage doesnt have place for both the R8 and porshe (which i seriously doubt). Just wanted to check if you to find the porshe less exciting to your taste compared to the lambo and m3 and hence dispose it off. Btw which of the cars do you use for what occasions. My guess

1. Office/buisness use - M3 /bentley
2. Parties with friends - lambo
3. Long drives - M3
4. Adrenaline rush - M3, lambo may be occasionally coz of its ground clearance cant be used as much as one would want on indian roads.

Ofcourse the porshe can be used for all the occasions, but i am talking in terms of relative preference for example i would rather be seen in a lambo than a porshe in parties coz of the snob value, long drives the M3 because of the practicality on indian roads, office- i would rather be seen in a stately sedan than lambo or a porshe. Others might have a different opinion but this purely my thought.

so where exactly does the porshe fit in ?

Hey. The Porsche is not mine any more as my brother drives it now. Since he is getting the R8 , I advised him to dispose off the Porsche because it is not as exciting to either of us. I mean , had this been the Turbo , then neither of us would have disposed off of it.

Here is how I use the cars :

1 - M3 - Daily drives/office/friends
2 - Lamborghini - For every other occasion that does not fit point one.

A thing to note is that I am not a party guy at all. But yes , if I had to go to a social event in any case , and if I were to go alone , I would take the M3/Lamborghini depending on the situation / people around / type of occasion.

The Bentley is my father's car so it is for his office use . But if the family has to go somewhere together then we ride in the Bentley . But I see myself , a few years down the line , traveling to a semi-casual / business meet with like minded / similar aged friends , in an Aston or a 599/430/450 for sure.

The Lamborghini is driven on weekends or when I 'want to feel good about myself' ! Ha ha ha! It is a brilliant car and nothing comes close to the adrenaline rush that I get from that car. I actually wear my sports shirt/gym shirt just to ride in that car because I sweat a lot in the excitement of driving the LP.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2009, 15:34   #212
BHPian

Wow. I didn't know a Lambo would cause such a thrill that you'd need to wear a sports t-shirt. Amazing.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:52   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
.... in an Aston or a 599/430/450 for sure.

You sure know your cars well and your choice of cars is great. You have a real taste for best things on four wheels. Amongst the four i would personally opt for the Aston for the majestic looks, the others look really awsome but the Aston is something different, which gives it a sophisticated yet very stately classy look.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:54   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Wow. I didn't know a Lambo would cause such a thrill that you'd need to wear a sports t-shirt. Amazing.

You have to wrestle the maniac of a car to believe it. Reminds me of famous rapper Eminem's verse " His palms are sweaty , knees weak arms are heavy ....." !
Old 15th May 2009, 16:17   #215
BHPian

Quote:
You have to wrestle the maniac of a car to believe it. Reminds me of famous rapper Eminem's verse " His palms are sweaty , knees weak arms are heavy ....." !
Haha! Good to see we enjoy the same taste in music. You must listen to his new album 'Relapse', it's amazing. I wouldn't be able to compare it to my Jag, but my Jag gives an insane ride too at some points. So I can imagine what the Lambo feels like.

Will be buying a nice sports car such as the GTR or the Porsche 911 in about 15 months when I'll be in uni and will be legal to drive!
Old 15th May 2009, 20:19   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Ecks you should hire quickdraw to manage your cars while being your car adviser simultaneously, I think he'd do a great job! Haha.
I am sure many of us here would die to get a job like that.

@ecks : You quite politely ignored my question about bikes, but am sure that me and quite a few others would love to hear your final word. Most of us here are sure its because of safety concerns but still would love to know your reason. I mean a Desmosedici RR will quite dessimate anything on wheels in India AFAIK or even a Y2K even if not ridden much would be a lovely addition to the collection.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:31   #217
Senior - BHPian

Nice wheels for the M3, ecks. And does 0.8" and 0.5" lowering make a big difference??

How about a set of Asanti rims for the 7

Last edited by karthik247 : 15th May 2009 at 20:32.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:04   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I am sure many of us here would die to get a job like that.

@ecks : You quite politely ignored my question about bikes, but am sure that me and quite a few others would love to hear your final word. Most of us here are sure its because of safety concerns but still would love to know your reason. I mean a Desmosedici RR will quite dessimate anything on wheels in India AFAIK or even a Y2K even if not ridden much would be a lovely addition to the collection.
Sorry about the repeated ignores bro. No , I am not into bikes at all. No knowledge of them as such. Sure , I like the usual Harley's and fast/torquey ducatti's . Never had much of an interest in them and with the present collection of 4 wheels , I don't think I would develop one any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Nice wheels for the M3, ecks. And does 0.8" and 0.5" lowering make a big difference??
Well I was not in the market for the KWv3 coil overs that decrease front height by 1.25 " and ~ 1" in the rear. So the springs were the only way that I could get the drop I wanted whilst not compromising road clearance and daily driving pleasure. And yes, I'll post before and after shots for clear reference.

No rims on the 7. That is my mothers car and I am sure she would like comfort over sportiness .

Last edited by ecksreturns : 15th May 2009 at 21:05.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:26   #219
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad because if you could look up the MTT Y2K or the Ducati Desmosedici RR they would be quite something in your garage. Good luck with the M3 mods all of us are waiting for the before & after pics as well as the other pics requested.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:49   #220
BHPian

Is the R8 a V10 ? Seems a logical choice as it'l sit properly b/w the V8 and the V12 in your garage?
Old 15th May 2009, 23:08   #221
Team-BHP Support

waiting for a review of the m3 after you install the mods. saying it again, your one lucky guy.
Old 17th May 2009, 11:38   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I see myself , a few years down the line , traveling to a semi-casual / business meet with like minded / similar aged friends , in an Aston or a 599/430/450 for sure.
Two words my friend...V12 Vantage!

Sexiest. Car. On. The. Planet!

Edit: Take a look...
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-aston-martin-v12-vantage.jpg  

Last edited by kbk_75 : 17th May 2009 at 11:43.
Old 17th May 2009, 15:28   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Two words my friend...V12 Vantage!

Sexiest. Car. On. The. Planet!

Edit: Take a look...
Doesn't quite cut it for me. The wheels, the bonnet gills - small car trying too hard. I'll have a DB9 thanks
Old 17th May 2009, 23:57   #224
Senior - BHPian

I love it! I'll take the small car every time, especially if it'll outrun it's bigger brethren!
Old 18th May 2009, 00:22   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No rims on the 7. That is my mothers car and I am sure she would like comfort over sportiness .
Hmm if it was comfort over sportiness then the 'S' would have been a better choice, right?

Damn That Aston looks astonishing. Well Any Aston looks damn good So I would take any of them without any Bias

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2009 at 00:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks