Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 10:12   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey congrats dude! The R8 looks chick in black although i'd prefer red! I was just wondering how did you get to meet your R8 if you have booked it with an Audi dealership in India? From where does Audi import the R8 to India?
He's getting it from a private importer and that's how he has the pics.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:33   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

What made you choose a private importer over an Indian Audi dealership? Is there a cost or time saving?
Does Audi India adhere the warranty if not officially imported?

Last edited by Sahil : 19th June 2009 at 10:34.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:48   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What made you choose a private importer over an Indian Audi dealership? Is there a cost or time saving?
Does Audi India adhere the warranty if not officially imported?
We imported the Audi R8 via private importer for several reasons . The main ones being that it saves a lot of time and saves us getting pissed at Audi chandigarh's " we don't care about your needs" attitude and lack of professional behavior .

And yes , they will have to honor the warranty as this Audi R8 is imported directly from the factory and has international warranty.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2009, 11:12   #334
BHPian

Hey congratulations! Why didn't you choose the silver colored panel on the side as it comes with the white one?
Well i thought only Audi mumbai was arrogant.
And now the Audi chandigarh are gonna be very feeling shameful that you purchased from an importer, now they mite give pretty good service so that atleast you can allow them to service your vehicle.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:13   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Hey congratulations! Why didn't you choose the silver colored panel on the side as it comes with the white one?
And now the Audi chandigarh are gonna be very feeling shameful that you purchased from an importer, now they mite give pretty good service so that atleast you can allow them to service your vehicle.
Since it is my brother's car , so he chose all the options.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:28   #336
BHPian

Hi KD,

Never heard of international company warranty unless you have some special agreement which i doubt. My friend bought his new Nissan GTR from Japan and imported it here and Nissan Australia has refused to provide any warranty to him because he didn't buy locally..But then that's Nissan..Please check and get in writing in agreement before you buy it.
4RANSM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2009, 20:34   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RANSM View Post
Hi KD,

Never heard of international company warranty unless you have some special agreement which i doubt. My friend bought his new Nissan GTR from Japan and imported it here and Nissan Australia has refused to provide any warranty to him because he didn't buy locally..But then that's Nissan..Please check and get in writing in agreement before you buy it.

As far as I know , Audi germany provides warranty for a year or so and that has to be honored by Audi India (same as the case with BMW) . Even if they don't , we 'll pay for any work done on it , as paying for it is hardly any issue.
Old 19th June 2009, 21:46   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
As far as I know , Audi germany provides warranty for a year or so and that has to be honored by Audi India (same as the case with BMW) . Even if they don't , we 'll pay for any work done on it , as paying for it is hardly any issue.
so importing directly is so cheap that it offsets any warranty issues and paying for repairs - or is there some other reason to import direct
Old 19th June 2009, 22:37   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
so importing directly is so cheap that it offsets any warranty issues and paying for repairs - or is there some other reason to import direct
Please read the previous pages thoroughly before posting, as it would be amply clear as to why we imported the R8 directly .
I say this humbly , that spending money wisely has always been in our minds when buying anything , but it does not imply that we would import directly and not via
the authorized channel , just because "so cheap that it offsets any warranty issues and paying for repairs" .

Last edited by ecksreturns : 19th June 2009 at 22:41.
Old 19th June 2009, 23:07   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Please read the previous pages thoroughly before posting, as it would be amply clear as to why we imported the R8 directly .
I say this humbly , that spending money wisely has always been in our minds when buying anything , but it does not imply that we would import directly and not via
the authorized channel , just because "so cheap that it offsets any warranty issues and paying for repairs" .
well sorry maybe i put it wrongly, didn't mean to upset you! Haven't been following tbhp completely due to some health issues - will look up the previous pages for your reason to import direct - guess it must be more options or the availability of a color (black as per pics) of choice
Looking forward to the pics from the upcoming photoshoot of your cars
cheers !

edit - maybe economical would have been a better word, but anyways forget that post!

Last edited by jassi : 19th June 2009 at 23:13.
Old 20th June 2009, 13:21   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The main ones being that it saves a lot of time and saves us getting pissed at Audi chandigarh's " we don't care about your needs" attitude and lack of professional behavior .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
+1

I can confirm that I also felt that Audi Mumbai had a "We don't give a damn" attitude when I was asking around for a car just before I bought the M3. I must have called them several times (this was before their dealership showroom was inaugurated) and was told that someone would call back. Ultimately someone did call me (about three weeks after I called) and he just fobbed me off by saying that they could not really import an RS4 and by generally not answering my queries and acting bored about the entire discussion.

Very sad.
Old 20th June 2009, 13:56   #342
Senior - BHPian

Damn that's one Hot Looking R8 KD. Congrats

Waiting for some nice pictures once shes lands
Old 20th June 2009, 15:29   #343
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
+1

I can confirm that I also felt that Audi Mumbai had a "We don't give a damn" attitude when I was asking around for a car just before I bought the M3. I must have called them several times (this was before their dealership showroom was inaugurated) and was told that someone would call back. Ultimately someone did call me (about three weeks after I called) and he just fobbed me off by saying that they could not really import an RS4 and by generally not answering my queries and acting bored about the entire discussion.

Very sad.
I think its a Problem with Audi force; I had experience arrogance from Audi when I was trying to buy an A3 vs BMW 1 vs Rabbit. Pramus NJ dealers were super rude. Not because I was an immigrant. But heard about this elsewhere too.

Old 21st June 2009, 17:53   #344
BHPian

Quote:
We imported the Audi R8 via private importer for several reasons . The main ones being that it saves a lot of time and saves us getting pissed at Audi chandigarh's " we don't care about your needs" attitude and lack of professional behavior
Same with Audi Hyderabad guys and no offence for any hyderabad audi owners here.Whe n I visited the show room driving my alto,those guys rejected me to give a demo of Audi a8 and I was told that the corresponding sales guy will be available tomorrow and he will get back to me laters.

sorry for the O.T and karan congrats for you and your brother.Your brother alone selected r8 or did you help him choosing this ? Black looks awesome man and black is cool than rest of colors.

If you don't mind can you please pm me the details of that private importer.

do the importer gets you the car soon or official dealer ?
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:29   #345
BHPian

I hope the dealers in India get their act together and start focussing on their customer service more. KD be careful when you get your car serviced from them as well.. I wouldn't trust these dealers and make sure someone actually checks their work and how they drive in and out of the workshop..On the side note you're getting it next month so must be excited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks