Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 14:46   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
The LP is in Delhi for its servicing , so I will get back to my CRV .
just for info
do you ship it in a trailer to delhi?
if yes isnt it prone to damages
Old 27th July 2009, 18:02   #512

hey ecks, I've been wondering. When you drive in your LP640, aren't you sometimes afraid of the traffic in India? Like how close the cars/trucks/buses/autos/rickshaws/etc. pass by your car? How do you manage? Because I've seen how bad the traffic can sometimes get.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:46   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The LP is in Delhi for its servicing , so I will get back to my CRV .
oh, that means you actually own an SUV!
Old 27th July 2009, 18:55   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
just for info
do you ship it in a trailer to delhi?
if yes isnt it prone to damages
Yes , I do ship it on a flat bed truck . The only damage that was caused this time around was that the harnesses fixed within the rims to keep the car stable , scratched the rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpaji View Post
hey ecks, I've been wondering. When you drive in your LP640, aren't you sometimes afraid of the traffic in India? Like how close the cars/trucks/buses/autos/rickshaws/etc. pass by your car? How do you manage? Because I've seen how bad the traffic can sometimes get.
Yes , it is a major concern , but once you know the dimensions of the car and the area where one is driving , it is not that difficult . It is the reason that I bought the M3 and am now modding it to make it as powerful or as snappy as the LP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
oh, that means you actually own an SUV!
Ha ha , yes ! But not a fancy one (relatively speaking) .
Old 27th July 2009, 21:12   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes , I do ship it on a flat bed truck . The only damage that was caused this time around was that the harnesses fixed within the rims to keep the car stable , scratched the rims.
Ouch thats gotta hurt,especially when the rims alone would be costing more than the flat bed truck.
is there any work around?
Old 28th July 2009, 12:10   #516

Quote:
Yes , it is a major concern , but once you know the dimensions of the car and the area where one is driving , it is not that difficult . It is the reason that I bought the M3 and am now modding it to make it as powerful or as snappy as the LP.
Kudos for having so much courage. Lol I wouldn't be able to comprehend. If I owned a LP640 in India, I would probably keep it at home and clean it 24/7 lol either that or drive it at night when there's practically no one on the roads lol
Old 28th July 2009, 19:50   #517
BHPian

ecks, stupid question, but why not drive down to delhi?? LP can get a good run right?? Are the roads too bad for an lp?? never been up north, so m asking :P
Old 29th July 2009, 12:40   #518
BHPian

Hey Ecks , I am a Newbie and have just witnessed one of the most amazing set of cars in India and on TBHP and I have surfed for quite a few hours looking for cars and their owners.
I am sure your neighbors might be jumping the fence to get a view of your cars or does everyone in your neighborhood own a garage like yours

Would love to see a service review of the LP.

While we mortals are fighting each other to get the best service , maybe you are searching for a reason to get a bad service eh ? ( does this sentence makes any sense at all ? )
Old 29th July 2009, 13:19   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Would love to see a service review of the LP.
Same here, if you decide to share the costing of the service, i am sure, some of us would wonder, i could have bought an Nano/Alto etc with that money
Old 29th July 2009, 14:01   #520
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
ecks, stupid question, but why not drive down to delhi?? LP can get a good run right?? Are the roads too bad for an lp?? never been up north, so m asking :P
Don't wanna speak for Ecks but if it were me i would do the same, there are patches of good road but mostly once you enter Delhi it gets Nasty due to construction. There are certain villages that come across with Nasty speed breakers too. Chandigarh has one of the best roads of India and so he probably does not have to deal with drama.

Old 30th July 2009, 00:23   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Same here, if you decide to share the costing of the service, i am sure, some of us would wonder, i could have bought an Nano/Alto etc with that money
I think even that is less. I had read somewhere a first free mercedes service costs 65k INR .
@ Ecks - I was wondering what the yearly insurance premium would be. I guess nothing less than cost of swift. and who in India insures the Lambo?
Old 30th July 2009, 08:47   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
I think even that is less. I had read somewhere a first free mercedes service costs 65k INR .
Well, if you are paying 65K how is it free ? Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche all come with 4 yr/50K mile warranties. Which inculde EVERYTHING bumper-bumper. Even oil changes are free. You dont spend a penny period

Even if out of warranty, I dont think theres anything to spend 65K for a regular service unless for any parts/repair works.
Old 30th July 2009, 10:46   #523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
Well, if you are paying 65K how is it free ? Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche all come with 4 yr/50K mile warranties. Which inculde EVERYTHING bumper-bumper. Even oil changes are free. You dont spend a penny period

Even if out of warranty, I dont think theres anything to spend 65K for a regular service unless for any parts/repair works.
Mercs do not come with free service. warranty and service are 3 different things.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:59   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
Mercs do not come with free service. warranty and service are 3 different things.
When its factory warranty, its all included. Unless its a different story with the Indian merc dealers, which makes no sense to me beacuse thats something direct from the manufacturer.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:59   #525
BHPian

Man Lovely collection there! What do you do for living that you own these!!?? You can PM me if you wish to keep it as secret

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 30th July 2009 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks