Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 22:46   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
When its factory warranty, its all included. Unless its a different story with the Indian merc dealers, which makes no sense to me beacuse thats something direct from the manufacturer.
I think I have read this in one of the Autocar India issue. they had featured maintenance cost for all the vehicles right from M800 to the Mercs.

@viper9999 - Warranty will only cover the cost of part that has failed to perform within the warranty period/milage limitations. So if the waterpump stops or the seat adjustment switch fails to response wihtin the warranty period they would replace it. I think the labor charges do apply still.

In a free service I don't think any manufacturer includes the cost towards consumables. Thinks like oil, brake fluid etc will cost. May be the Merc/BMW owners can shed some light on the facts.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:59   #527
BHPian

@ ecks:

How many cars does you and your family really own ? Just wondering. I mean everything . I am sure there would be more than 20 .
Old 31st July 2009, 03:22   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
I think I have read this in one of the Autocar India issue. they had featured maintenance cost for all the vehicles right from M800 to the Mercs.

@viper9999 - Warranty will only cover the cost of part that has failed to perform within the warranty period/milage limitations. So if the waterpump stops or the seat adjustment switch fails to response wihtin the warranty period they would replace it. I think the labor charges do apply still.

In a free service I don't think any manufacturer includes the cost towards consumables. Thinks like oil, brake fluid etc will cost. May be the Merc/BMW owners can shed some light on the facts.
Am not quoting this just out of the blue. I have owned these cars in the past including a merc. But never in India though. So unless the dealers in India have a different way of doing business, which again doesnot make much sense since the b-b warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer and the local dealer has nothing to lose here. And when I say b-b warranty, I'm including parts, service, labor everything and YES INCLUDING OIL CHANGES AND FUILDS are covered. And am not guessing, I know this for a fact. Even things like bulbs are covered. I once had my xenons replaced at no cost for my bmw coupe back in '05. Only exception I can think of is a flat tire or ripoff due to the drivers fault or wear /tear, but otherwise even in that case if you can convince the dealer the tire was a defective piece(ofcourse they will know when look at it), even that will be replaced at no cost.
I once lost the laser cut key and had a repalcement key shipped from germany at zero cost. But this was completely out of way. It wouldnt have been covered under warranty otherwise, however since I know my guys at the local delarship, he placed in the order as a defective key to be replaced. My point here is, the local dealers donot incur any costs as they bill the manufacturer directly for the replaced parts/service labor etc. Infact it is a very common practice for car owners to get all the brake/trans work done between 45K-50K miles just before the warranty expires and again with zero cost.
And if the cars are CPO, they come with additional 2yr/50K which keeps the car under full waranty for a total of 6yr/100K. But with this extended warranty, depending on the car brand they have mininal deductibles for each visit. Like Audi charges about USD50 per visit and rest all is zero cost including service. BMW has no charge. But again like I said, I'm not sure if things work differently in India, but I don't see any reason why they should be different if they are.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:01   #529
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, things are different here viper9999. The dealerships DO charge for service visits. BMW offers their BSI+R package on their cars, which covers everything (even fluids, brakes, oil top-ups) except tyres. The M3's 60,000 Km / 5 year pacakge costs Rs. 5,25,000, so around 20% of what the car costs in the U.S.A (with your all-inclusive maintenance included for free!) :(
Old 31st July 2009, 16:27   #530

Thats a lot of money... Do they offer any other plan as well? I remember talking to a bmw guy (from navnit) and he was telling something about a 3 year plan as well.

Haven't had a chance to confirm the maintenance plan in delhi.

P.s. My first post on team-bhp. Hopefully, it will be a smooth newbie life!
Old 31st July 2009, 20:53   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Yeah, things are different here viper9999. The dealerships DO charge for service visits. BMW offers their BSI+R package on their cars, which covers everything (even fluids, brakes, oil top-ups) except tyres. The M3's 60,000 Km / 5 year pacakge costs Rs. 5,25,000, so around 20% of what the car costs in the U.S.A (with your all-inclusive maintenance included for free!) :(
WHOA !! I think thats a ripoff. As is, these cars cost twice as much in India. Just curious, on a general trend, do the current owners get this package in India ? Because, I never dared to own any of these cars without full coverage. And I always got rid of them atleast one year before the warranty expires. Because once out of warranty, its really hard to sell them and the price drop is also high. From my experience, somehow I'm not convinced these cars really stood up to their "luxury" brand. Yes, they are nice to drive around and stuff, but they always scored low on the reliabilty factor. It would be interesting to read owner experiences in India.
Old 31st July 2009, 21:16   #532
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to be the party pooper , but in this thread , let's just keep the discussions down to relevant stuff .
Old 1st August 2009, 01:47   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Sorry to be the party pooper , but in this thread , let's just keep the discussions down to relevant stuff .
So why dont he have some of the various console/hud/oddities pictures that I've been bugging you about.
Old 1st August 2009, 05:40   #534
BHPian

ecks - Pictures of engines of M3, LP640 and R8 please.
Old 1st August 2009, 08:55   #535
Senior - BHPian

By the way ecks did you get the suspension issue sorted out?or is it still the same.Any reason given for the problem to you?
Old 1st August 2009, 18:33   #536
Senior - BHPian

Ecks, is the LP640 getting the Hamann exhausts anytime soon? I thought you said it would be fitted by July.
Old 1st August 2009, 18:56   #537
Senior - BHPian

No , not yet . Hamann exhausts are tough to get a hold off , especially since I plan to get them to India my self . Currently working on my M3 project , which is almost complete . Hopefully the car should be up and running with ~480 or 490 bhp next week.
Once that is complete , I will move on to the LP.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:28   #538
BHPian

^^ i never expected people to modify lambos - i always felt these supercars were already engineered to squeeze out every bit of performance :-)
well i guess there is always that lil bit more fun to get out of any car :-)
Old 1st August 2009, 23:27   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ i never expected people to modify lambos - i always felt these supercars were already engineered to squeeze out every bit of performance :-)
I don't think he's doin any performance mods on the lp.

Or maybe i am wrong.
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:11   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musavi 27 View Post
I don't think he's doin any performance mods on the lp.

Or maybe i am wrong.

The only mod that I doing on the LP is changing the exhaust , to make it sound more orgasmic ! In the process , I will be upgrading the catalytic converters , and gain ~30 odd hp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks