Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 01:06   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
why?
sector 21 pump used to has it or may be not now
and AFAIK you once said its also available at a sec 9 pump near your place.
The 21 sector pump used to have it , but now they don't get it any more due to the lack of demand .
I was mistaken about the sector 9 pump . 97 octane costs 70 rupees per liter , but sector 9 pump offers 95 Octane max , and that too at 50 odd rs per liter .
Old 7th August 2009, 01:13   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
The 21 sector pump used to have it , but now they don't get it any more due to the lack of demand .
I was mistaken about the sector 9 pump . 97 octane costs 70 rupees per liter , but sector 9 pump offers 95 Octane max , and that too at 50 odd rs per liter .
yup prices of 97 octane have remain unchanged.
however if possible you can also get it from ludhiana since its half distance compared to delhi.
Old 7th August 2009, 01:14   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the R8 is my brother's car , so I do not know what mods he would be doing on it.

I should be making 600 HP or 650 depending on what kit I get . Still waiting to choose a good tuner for the supercharger kit. 0-100 time should be less than 4 seconds . And yes , I would need to get 97 octane fuel from delhi every now and then .
G Power's SC kits look good Ecks. Honestly though, I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that an M3 will make a sub 4 second genuine 0-100Km/h on a regular basis. Power will simply not be the issue, traction will.

Even if you upsized to 20" rims and ran super low pro semi-slick 305mm tyres, you'd need to get it absolutely spot on to do a sub 4 second run (does your car have the DKG 'box?). Overcook it and you'd fry your clutch and / or your tyres (if you've got the 6MT).

I've read first hand owners' reports about GPower SC'd M3s where they have said that first and second gears become almost useless, because there is so much wheel spin. They only find true forward momentum in third gear and up. To be honest...you've got an LP640, why would you compromise your M3's daily usability for the sake of acceleration that you could easily get out of your Lamborghini without any fuss, any day?

There are many cars that will out accelerate an M3 from 0-100 Km/h, but then that is not what the M3's about, is it? In my honest opinion, maybe a stage I Gpower SC would be a nice boost, more than that and I think the usability of the car would be compromised.

Just my thoughts...keep us posted as you decide what to do!
Old 7th August 2009, 01:25   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
G Power's SC kits look good Ecks. Honestly though, I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that an M3 will make a sub 4 second genuine 0-100Km/h on a regular basis. Power will simply not be the issue, traction will.

Even if you upsized to 20" rims and ran super low pro semi-slick 305mm tyres, you'd need to get it absolutely spot on to do a sub 4 second run (does your car have the DKG 'box?). Overcook it and you'd fry your clutch and / or your tyres (if you've got the 6MT).

I've read first hand owners' reports about GPower SC'd M3s where they have said that first and second gears become almost useless, because there is so much wheel spin. They only find true forward momentum in third gear and up. To be honest...you've got an LP640, why would you compromise your M3's daily usability for the sake of acceleration that you could easily get out of your Lamborghini without any fuss, any day?

There are many cars that will out accelerate an M3 from 0-100 Km/h, but then that is not what the M3's about, is it? In my honest opinion, maybe a stage I Gpower SC would be a nice boost, more than that and I think the usability of the car would be compromised.

Just my thoughts...keep us posted as you decide what to do!
Yep , I do have the DCT . ESS tuning is launching 2 kits of 600 and 650 bhp each . They made their own DCT software that allows the DCT to handle the pressure. The DCT successfully handles 450 ft/lb of torque , so their kits make 400 lb/ft of tq and 600 hp . But I am not on the look out just yet . Just doing so pre-lim work . Even if I go with G Power / AA / ESS or others , I would go for the 5 - 7 psi boost , as that would take me into the 540 + hp range . I always have practicality in mind when I mod this car KB!

But thanks again for putting some sense back into me . For now , every one can listen to my Eisenmann Race + FabSpeed X pipe and HFC'd M3 this tuesday . Also got AA to re-flash my ECU and remove the top speed limit and rev limiter increased to 8600 along with a 15 hp gain . Also ordered the Dinan 3.62 LSD !
Old 7th August 2009, 01:40   #560
Senior - BHPian

Very nice! Take some nice vids for us will you?!
Old 7th August 2009, 12:59   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes , I would need to get 97 octane fuel from delhi every now and then .
Wouldnt it be easier to use Octane Boosters?
Old 7th August 2009, 13:10   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wouldnt it be easier to use Octane Boosters?

I haven't heard good things about Octane Boosters , but I will do more research on that soon .
Old 7th August 2009, 13:21   #563
Senior - BHPian

Yeah becasue I have heard quite a few SBK users using them.

Also I am not very sure but it seems the Octane value of the fuel deteriorates over a period of time, So do check out that as well.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:27   #564
BHPian

In my opinion its better to stick with high octane fuel rather than using octane boosters. Just my opinion.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:37   #565
BHPian

Since your M3 is your daily driver, What is your bro's? Or does he use his R8 as a daily driver?
Old 7th August 2009, 17:57   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I should be making 600 HP or 650 depending on what kit I get . Still waiting to choose a good tuner for the supercharger kit. 0-100 time should be less than 4 seconds.
omg!! that's Murcielago territory! It's undoubtedly the fastest M3 in India and I'm sure one of the fastest in the world!

Ecks, Do you have any superbikes too in your garage?
Old 7th August 2009, 20:28   #567
Senior - BHPian

Actually you should be worried more about the quality of feul then the octane rating. Have faced a lot of problem over the years due to messed up injectors in high performance engines. Mainly rust particles from the petrol bunk & tankers' tanks. Octane boosters is the best solution. Or maybe you can invest in a petrol bunk, could add to your business portfolio and have peace of mind with all those cars. A win win .
Old 10th August 2009, 15:32   #568
Senior - BHPian

Something for our viewers here . A little run between the now modified M3 against a stock R8 . The R8 kept inching ahead and at times we were neck and neck . Stock M3 to stock R8 , he kept walking me , but here with the modified M3 , we were neck and neck . I'll get the HFC + Xpipe mod this evening , so be on the look out for another video of our run tonight , in which I may just inch him out!

This video is with the Eisenmann Race M3 , but I doubt you'll hear anything above the noise of the glorious R8 . These runs were done on closed roads at late hours .

Also going to arrange for that " un - manned air strip" this week to race the M3 vs R8 vs LP640 ! 5 kms of fun!

Old 10th August 2009, 16:03   #569
Senior - BHPian

hehe... good stuff! that's a sweet sounding m3

next time please film in daylight - It's hard to figure out what's happening.

cheers
Old 10th August 2009, 16:09   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
hehe... good stuff! that's a sweet sounding m3

next time please film in daylight - It's hard to figure out what's happening.

cheers

The next run will be at the air strip in day light . But in the mean time , the sound of the R8 and its tail lights are enough of a clue on whats going on .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks