Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 01:11   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
oh cool! so you're gonna buy the 2010 Porsche 911 turbo! When is it expected in Indian showrooms? the latest porsche in the Mumbai showroom is this hot kitted Carrera S.
How did you get that pic? i Had clicked it!
Old 15th August 2009, 12:26   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
How did you get that pic? i Had clicked it!
oh yeah i know that. I took it from the Porsche showroom thread. Sorry, i forgot to put the source there.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:59   #618
Senior - BHPian

KD, I'm sure you realise that the 911 Turbo is also quite low. The front lip on the car reduces ground clearance by over an inch. I know of people who have removed the part, but I would not take anything of an extreme sports car. This is the reason my friend sold his 997 Turbo when it was less than 6 months old.

Just something to keep in mind, from the practicality perspective.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:19   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
KD, I'm sure you realise that the 911 Turbo is also quite low. The front lip on the car reduces ground clearance by over an inch. I know of people who have removed the part, but I would not take anything of an extreme sports car. This is the reason my friend sold his 997 Turbo when it was less than 6 months old.

Just something to keep in mind, from the practicality perspective.

Yeah Karl , I realize that . It'll be our 3 - days - a - week performance car!
Old 17th August 2009, 16:54   #620
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good for that, especially with your Chandigarh roads...I am envious, to be honest!
Old 18th August 2009, 16:03   #621
Senior - BHPian

KB , can you let me know how the lip of the Turbo is to be removed ? Does it make the car look any good ? I am about to place the order for one soon as the 911 is up for sale.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:05   #622
BHPian

Awesome eksreturns !!

Thats the only thing I have to say about your garage and also the means to own one such !!
Old 18th August 2009, 17:31   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
KB , can you let me know how the lip of the Turbo is to be removed ? Does it make the car look any good ? I am about to place the order for one soon as the 911 is up for sale.
It is part of the aerodynamic body kit on the 997 Turbo. See this pic, you get a good idea. The lip is in black. As I understand it, it clamps on to the underside, though I may be wrong. What I do know is that I would NOT remove any of the parts that affect such a high performance car's handling in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-31_997turbo.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 20:25   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Wow. I have got more reasons now to check this thread very often now that you are ordering a porsche turbo. Great. When do you expect to get your hands on that?
Old 18th August 2009, 22:25   #625
Senior - BHPian

If everything goes well and as per plan , then by this year end.
Old 18th August 2009, 23:49   #626
Senior - BHPian

I had a great time reading the complete 625 post thread. Team has gone nicely with the flow and been integral part of the process and garage.

@ecksreturns: very nice pictures/cars/attention to detail for mods and future cars. As mentioned, will you be able to post more about how do you plan the mods.

I used to refer to many specific boards to learn more about my company owned cars including Porsche/Merc/BMW/Audi. I had a terrific time learning about these cars as complete cars wherein each part would enhance performance of other. I see that you have heavily modified the M3 car, it will be great to know the specific decisions and material that helped you take such decisions.

Do mention about the shoes on your cars/how are they behaving and also share the current power-torque curve of your M3.

Enjoy the cars.
Old 19th August 2009, 00:25   #627
BHPian

The new 911 turbo with pdk, sports chrono and launch control will be mind blowing.Especially the new ones will not have the plus minus buttons on the wheel, it will be like the paddle shift in the ferrari..good change by porsche after so many years

The 0 to 100 will be as quick as the new ferrari 458 italia and will definately be faster and classier than the nissan gtr.

and i dont think the lower lip will reduce the aerodinamics, its more to protect the front bumper, but yes a gt3 and gt2 have an even lower ground clearence, saw some one in delhi jus chop the lower lip..it did look ugly
Old 19th August 2009, 00:39   #628
BHPian

@ecks

when you are looking for a performance + practical car, you make me wonder how come you haven't considered the porsche cayenne turbo!?!?!?

i mean it's a 500 bhp car, drives amazing, drifts, does wheelspins at your command...defies all laws of physics considering its size..

why not test drive it and see for yourself??
test drove the 911 turbo and the cayenne turbo on the same day within a span of an hour...and I still believe that the cayenne was FAR better!!

try it buddy..it might fill in the gap in your life of an everyday performance + practical car!!
Old 19th August 2009, 00:57   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I had a great time reading the complete 625 post thread. Team has gone nicely with the flow and been integral part of the process and garage.

@ecksreturns: very nice pictures/cars/attention to detail for mods and future cars. As mentioned, will you be able to post more about how do you plan the mods.

I used to refer to many specific boards to learn more about my company owned cars including Porsche/Merc/BMW/Audi. I had a terrific time learning about these cars as complete cars wherein each part would enhance performance of other. I see that you have heavily modified the M3 car, it will be great to know the specific decisions and material that helped you take such decisions.

Do mention about the shoes on your cars/how are they behaving and also share the current power-torque curve of your M3.

Enjoy the cars.
I read up on the car , extensively on M3post.com before I started the modification process . First thing that I wanted to know was the car in its stock form . The power it made at the wheels and the torque . After driving the car in its stock form for a while , I knew what all needed to be changed .Right from the cosmetic mods to the performance ones . It took me about 72 hours of research and reading to decide the look , sound and feel of my M3 . People at international forums really know their cars and helped me a lot in deciding what would look good and what would not . After extensively listening to the exhaust mods and looking at CF parts on the car , I "pulled the trigger" .
The car sounds like a DTM car now and pulls much harder across the rev range . Since this is a European high revving V8 , making more power from it (short of stroker or FI) was difficult , as much of this engine's power and torque were above 5k rpm . So an ECU flash , pulley change , new LSD and full header back exhaust provided the torque down low .

The bridgestone Potenza's are fantastic! I had a negative camber set on them as stock , so the wear on them will be much quicker , but the handling is knife sharp and as I always say "This car instills too much confidence" . Although once this set of tires is over , I'll shift to a more aggressive and fatter rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
The new 911 turbo with pdk, sports chrono and launch control will be mind blowing.Especially the new ones will not have the plus minus buttons on the wheel, it will be like the paddle shift in the ferrari..good change by porsche after so many years

The 0 to 100 will be as quick as the new ferrari 458 italia and will definately be faster and classier than the nissan gtr.

and i dont think the lower lip will reduce the aerodinamics, its more to protect the front bumper, but yes a gt3 and gt2 have an even lower ground clearence, saw some one in delhi jus chop the lower lip..it did look ugly
Yes the new PDK is phenomenal , but I love the feeling of control in a stick shift Porsche (you can relate to that better than any one can) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ecks

when you are looking for a performance + practical car, you make me wonder how come you haven't considered the porsche cayenne turbo!?!?!?

i mean it's a 500 bhp car, drives amazing, drifts, does wheelspins at your command...defies all laws of physics considering its size..

why not test drive it and see for yourself??
test drove the 911 turbo and the cayenne turbo on the same day within a span of an hour...and I still believe that the cayenne was FAR better!!

try it buddy..it might fill in the gap in your life of an everyday performance + practical car!!
Sam , I just don't like the duck face of the Cayenne . Plus I have always wanted an Aqua Blue 911 Turbo in manual transmission and now is my chance to get one .
Old 19th August 2009, 05:27   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
You're saying the lower lip on the 911 Turbo is a bumper protector?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks