Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 20:17   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Word . My dad has been after me to get a convertible as my next car (he apparently loves convertibles) , but me being the enthusiast and gentleman , likes only coupes . So far I don't really like any convertible sports cars (unless you count the Zonda F as a convertible!) .
In that case, my friend, the DBS Volante is the car to get. I know there's no sales or service back-up here, but there is no finer convertible on the planet!
Old 21st August 2009, 20:18   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Ecks, why not add a spyder to your garage?

Photo Gallery
GOOD LORD!!!robert downey jr(i guess) on the wheel, Stark11 plates, its that car a one off for the new Ironman movie or will it ever see production??
(mods please remove post if felt off topic)
Old 21st August 2009, 20:21   #648
Senior - BHPian

If I were to go the AM way , then the Vantage convertible will always steal my heart . Some times , there is a substitute for power , and the Vantage convertible is all about it.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:40   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@TEchno- Unbelievable. How can someone in the lord's name do such a crime!
Must be a weirdo.
@bivin- I am not sure someone can do such detailed job in a photoshop, or am i wrong?
Also the pic looks quiet authentic imo.
didnt mean to say it was a photoshop work my friend, was just hoping for it to be the case. i did realise that it couldnt have been a fake aswell.
Old 21st August 2009, 22:40   #650
BHPian

You should definitely consider the Zonda F. If you sell the LP only then.

Just watch this video.

Old 21st August 2009, 23:19   #651
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely LOVE the Vantage as well, but the V12 Vantage is my personal fav!
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:34   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
You should definitely consider the Zonda F. If you sell the LP only then.

Just watch this video.

YouTube - Bugatti Veyron & Zonda F Stig Laps - Top Gear - BBC

Why not have the best of both ?
Old 22nd August 2009, 02:17   #653
BHPian

Zonda F looks like a weird flying insect. Tempting to squash it with a folded newspaper. That what came to my mind when I saw it on track in the video above.
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:06   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@KD - if you ever wonder how can one Kill an R8 with just 4 small stickers, check this

Retard! Now, that's what I call a TRUE BMW nut

ecks- have you given a thought to place an order for the new F458 Italia? That would be the perfect replacement if you do decide to sell the LP.
There is no local service but it still would be easier than maintaining a Zonda here. I believe a Ferrari technician flies down a few times a year to takecare of the handful of Ferraris in India.
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:10   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
The problem with the Evos (especially the madder ones like the 360s, 400s etc) is that they are no longer cheap performance cars. They are quite expensive. And while there's no denying their sheer pace, the interiors let the cars down quite badly and don't feel particularly nice. Beyond a certain price point you want your car to feel nice inside apart from just being fast. That's what I feel, anyway. The ride on the hotter Evos is also brittle as glass and quite fidgety which gets very annoying after awhile, unless you have race track smooth roads to drive on all day, every day.

To be honest I'd rather sacrifice some performance for practicality, comfort & luxury, so I think I'd prefer a 335i to an Evo FQ 360.
+1
The low speed ride and city driving is ridiculous in the tricked versions. The gear box is heavy and I mean real, real heavy. One of my friends got his EVO to Germany for testing the speeds and some mods on the bahns and I had a go as well. Great straight line speeds but very difficult to live with in the slower sections. At end of the day it remains a EVO will never become exotic. The only Japanese exotic I have found Germans drooling over is the new GTR. Every hardcore enthusiast wants to have one of those.

@ecksreturns Thanks for the prompt response. I agree that lots of hard work has gone in the making of the fastest M3 in India, if we officially calling it. I would like to hear more about your 911 experience in India. I might not go in for 911 but might have a Cayman S as the daily drive and weekend track car.

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:31   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Why not have the best of both ?
I keep forgetting that money aint a issue to owner who owns so many supercars.

OT: Am really curious as to what you tell your dad when you want a new supercar/hypercar.
Old 22nd August 2009, 04:52   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
+1
The low speed ride and city driving is ridiculous in the tricked versions. The gear box is heavy and I mean real, real heavy. One of my friends got his EVO to Germany for testing the speeds and some mods on the bahns and I had a go as well. Great straight line speeds but very difficult to live with in the slower sections. At end of the day it remains a EVO will never become exotic. The only Japanese exotic I have found Germans drooling over is the new GTR. Every hardcore enthusiast wants to have one of those.

@ecksreturns Thanks for the prompt response. I agree that lots of hard work has gone in the making of the fastest M3 in India, if we officially calling it. I would like to hear more about your 911 experience in India. I might not go in for 911 but might have a Cayman S as the daily drive and weekend track car.

Cheers!
If only there was a track somewhere nearby. I yearn to have a decent race track to take my car to! :(
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:10   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Zonda F looks like a weird flying insect. Tempting to squash it with a folded newspaper. That what came to my mind when I saw it on track in the video above.

See that's the beauty of the Zonda . Pagani brought back the lunacy and weird looks of the supercars of the bygone era back into the world, when Lamborghini and Ferrari were going all soft and sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
ecks- have you given a thought to place an order for the new F458 Italia? That would be the perfect replacement if you do decide to sell the LP.
There is no local service but it still would be easier than maintaining a Zonda here. I believe a Ferrari technician flies down a few times a year to takecare of the handful of Ferraris in India.

Yes I have given that a thought as well. Only when Ferrari comes to India officially and open a proper workshop(read : Shitty Lamborghini workshop) , will I ever consider buying a Ferrari in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Cheers!
Theoretically my M3 makes 490 HP , making it the fastest in India. Sadly I can't test those figures as there is no Dyno center nearby. I would gladly elaborate on my 911 experience after I sell this Porsche and get the Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
I keep forgetting that money aint a issue to owner who owns so many supercars.

OT: Am really curious as to what you tell your dad when you want a new supercar/hypercar.
Get good grades in college, sell off the cars that are lying around for no reason and wait for the right time to ask. That's the formula. But it is as simple as work hard and party harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
If only there was a track somewhere nearby. I yearn to have a decent race track to take my car to! :(

Amen brother!
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:35   #659
v10
BHPian

Quote:
See that's the beauty of the Zonda . Pagani brought back the lunacy and weird looks of the supercars of the bygone era back into the world, when Lamborghini and Ferrari were going all soft and sensible.

Yes I have given that a thought as well. Only when Ferrari comes to India officially and open a proper workshop(read : Shitty Lamborghini workshop) , will I ever consider buying a Ferrari in India.

Theoretically my M3 makes 490 HP , making it the fastest in India. Sadly I can't test those figures as there is no Dyno center nearby. I would gladly elaborate on my 911 experience after I sell this Porsche and get the Turbo.

Get good grades in college, sell off the cars that are lying around for no reason and wait for the right time to ask. That's the formula. But it is as simple as work hard and party harder!

Amen brother!

It doesnt even have its own workshop!
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:50   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Word . My dad has been after me to get a convertible as my next car (he apparently loves convertibles) , but me being the enthusiast and gentleman , likes only coupes . So far I don't really like any convertible sports cars (unless you count the Zonda F as a convertible!) .
Not even the Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 4s? Or since you're into the Turbo, then why not the Porsche 911 Turbo Convertible?

Plus Porsche has a great servicing back up, just what you need.

Most Viewed