Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 13:56   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
1. What I'm trying to say is that Ferrari's don't feel as special as they used to. I don't want a Ferrari that tells me when to change gears and controls swapping of cogs with a 32 million bit microprocessor. Today's Ferraris are all computers on wheels. No offence to the Ferrari lovers here.

2. I meant Porsche 356 Speedster. Not Spyder. That was a typo. Sorry about that.

3. Refer my post after that. I agree that they are hard to find, but that's the whole point isn't it? You want exclusivity? Get a classic sports car. I do have a couple of UK magazines and the classifieds are unbelievable.

4. I know plenty of classic sports car owners who have maintained their cars and they run as well or even better than modern sports cars. An old car will never break down if you take care of them well.
I think its pointless arguing about this as I doubt Ecks will be bothered with importing a classic car, as he's more into modern supercars.

So let's just drop this off-topic discussion here and not take over Ecks' thread.
Old 13th September 2009, 14:19   #827
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
I think its pointless arguing about this as I doubt Ecks will be bothered with importing a classic car, as he's more into modern supercars.

So let's just drop this off-topic discussion here and not take over Ecks' thread.

Ecks has a fabulous garage. And I'm not the only one who envys him. However, I do suggest that you'll read my posts before commenting. I had cleared a few issues on my statements before anybody had posted. Seems like they were overlooked.

Ecks, may I have a few pictures of the Carrera ?
Old 13th September 2009, 16:01   #828
BHPian

Quote:
However, I do suggest that you'll read my posts before commenting. I had cleared a few issues on my statements before anybody had posted. Seems like they were overlooked.
I have not overlooked your posts, I have read them. But I didn't feel the need to reply back, because we'd just be arguing on our own opinions. If you want to know what I think and feel, I feel that it's quite impractical importing a classic car to India. It might be a different case if the car is already here, but I think only true classic supercar fanatics would take the hassle to import them.

You say that they're easy to maintain. But before importing you'll most probably have to go to the orgin of importing the car to inspect it thoroughly to make sure that it's in a good condition and well maintained. Also getting parts for these cars is not as easy as yout think, and I have done my research on this, as I was going to buy a Jaguar S-Type in Mumbai.

As Dante said, it's very easy to say things but when it comes to taking action it's not.
Old 13th September 2009, 16:16   #829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not overlooked your posts, I have read them. But I didn't feel the need to reply back, because we'd just be arguing on our own opinions. If you want to know what I think and feel, I feel that it's quite impractical importing a classic car to India. It might be a different case if the car is already here, but I think only true classic supercar fanatics would take the hassle to import them.

You say that they're easy to maintain. But before importing you'll most probably have to go to the orgin of importing the car to inspect it thoroughly to make sure that it's in a good condition and well maintained. Also getting parts for these cars is not as easy as yout think, and I have done my research on this, as I was going to buy a Jaguar S-Type in Mumbai.

As Dante said, it's very easy to say things but when it comes to taking action it's not.

It's no walk in the park. Neither is owning a regular modern day supercar. One needs to grow a pair to drive them around India
Old 13th September 2009, 16:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:

It's no walk in the park. Neither is owning a regular modern day supercar. One needs to grow a pair to drive them around India
I agree that it's not easy owning and driving a modern day supercar in India, but it's definetely much easier than driving a classic car. Most of the time you can easily get the car repaired if it breaks down (that is if your car company has service backing in India, therefore most people consider buying exotics that have A.S.S.), whereas with a classic it won't as simple getting it reparied, and you'll probably have to wait a couple of days or even weeks to wait for the parts to arrive.

Sorry for continuing this discussion Ecks, it should hopefully stop here.
Old 13th September 2009, 16:30   #831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree that it's not easy owning and driving a modern day supercar in India, but it's definetely much easier than driving a classic car. Most of the time you can easily get the car repaired if it breaks down (that is if your car company has service backing in India, therefore most people consider buying exotics that have A.S.S.), whereas with a classic it won't as simple getting it reparied, and you'll probably have to wait a couple of days or even weeks to wait for the parts to arrive.

Sorry for continuing this discussion Ecks, it should hopefully stop here.
Yes. Lets stop spamming eck's thread.

P.S. (Again) 997 Carrera pictures please?
Old 13th September 2009, 23:50   #832
BHPian

OK...so what is the situation of your Vantage ecks?? has it left the UK??
Old 14th September 2009, 02:02   #833
BHPian

Stupid question but, Where in the UK is it coming from? London?
Old 14th September 2009, 15:52   #834
Team-BHP Support

Saw a picture of that Vantage that you had posted earlier, and I must say, It's breathtaking! And in that particular shade of white, looks gorgeous! The wheels are to die for!
Old 15th September 2009, 09:49   #835
BHPian

Quote:
4. I know plenty of classic sports car owners who have maintained their cars and they run as well or even better than modern sports cars. An old car will never break down if you take care of them well.
Partially agree with you Suhaas. A low run or a very well rebuilt classic car is far more easier and affordable to maintain than a modern super car. But its a different kind of passion than ecks I would say..
Old 15th September 2009, 10:10   #836
BHPian

Where has Ecks dissapeared to??

Looks like he's been standing at his door everyday waiting for the Aston to arrive!
Old 15th September 2009, 14:01   #837
BHPian

HAHAHA!! either that, or its already arrived and he cant get enough of it!!
Old 15th September 2009, 20:36   #838
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Partially agree with you Suhaas. A low run or a very well rebuilt classic car is far more easier and affordable to maintain than a modern super car. But its a different kind of passion than ecks I would say..

Yes! But lets leave it at that now shall we?

Ecks seems to be busy with his cars. Too busy for T-bhp eh?
Old 16th September 2009, 22:02   #839
Senior - BHPian

Pass through sector 9 everyday . did not spot an aston, saw the R8 . so he is probably waiting
Old 17th September 2009, 19:59   #840
BHPian

Or else he might've gone to Frankfurt for the autoshow, might book/shortlist some of the beauties for the next FY. Ecks plz do consider the new SLS gullwing, thats a marquee.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th September 2009 at 20:11. Reason: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of members

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks