Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 12:45   #886
BHPian

err.. first you wanted the porsche turbo. you scrapped that idea because it
was a bit over budget, then you opt for the godzilla. you scrapped that for some reason for the AMV8. now you scrapped the AMV8 for the SLS?? i thought you wanted an everyday supercar?? im really confused here..

anyways, the SLS is an amazing car. great choice!! absolutely stunning!!

P.S: wont you be off to the US by the time the SLS arrives??
Old 20th September 2009, 12:46   #887
Senior - BHPian

No offense taken bro. That is why I said everything is fluid even now. Who knows, maybe I'll get the McLaren now. I am sure all will be clear by the end of this year. No Porsche for sure. May be the AMV8/12 or the SLS or the McLaren, I don't know for sure,but seems like the SLS and McLaren are close contenders. In either case, the Stable will get a worthy mate.

@Bivin - As times change, so does the purpose. I guess I don't know my self what I need for what. Since budget isn't a problem for next year so enjoy whatever comes to the garage.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 20th September 2009 at 12:49.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:06   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
No offense taken bro. That is why I said everything is fluid even now. Who knows, maybe I'll get the McLaren now. I am sure all will be clear by the end of this year. No Porsche for sure. May be the AMV8/12 or the SLS or the McLaren, I don't know for sure,but seems like the SLS and McLaren are close contenders. In either case, the Stable will get a worthy mate.
Bro , no thoughts about any ferrari because of the service problem?

Last edited by v12 : 20th September 2009 at 13:14.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:14   #889
Team-BHP Support

Ecks,

You might have already answered this question earlier, but could you tell me again if it's okay?

You have 6 cars out of which one is a supercar and two are sports cars and 3 are amazing sedans. I'm sure all of them have different purposes for you. What occasions do you take them out? Which one do you choose for the appropriate occasion? Like for a date, a party, a long drive, a spirited drive?
Old 20th September 2009, 13:36   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Bro , no thoughts about any ferrari because of the service problem?
Ferrari is coming to India next year bro, so yeah, may be that as well. Its just that I really don't find the 458 attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Ecks,

You might have already answered this question earlier, but could you tell me again if it's okay?

You have 6 cars out of which one is a supercar and two are sports cars and 3 are amazing sedans. I'm sure all of them have different purposes for you. What occasions do you take them out? Which one do you choose for the appropriate occasion? Like for a date, a party, a long drive, a spirited drive?
Suhaas, I am a college going final year student, so all cars are not for my use. I have the M3 and the LP for me, the Audi is my brother's car and the 7 is moms and the Bentley/phantom is dad's car.

The M3 is my dd, the LP a weekend warrior. Whatever we buy next will be an addition to the stable and not necessarily for a specific purpose.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:45   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari is coming to India next year bro, so yeah, may be that as well. Its just that I really don't find the 458 attractive.

Suhaas, I am a college going final year student, so all cars are not for my use. I have the M3 and the LP for me, the Audi is my brother's car and the 7 is moms and the Bentley/phantom is dad's car.

The M3 is my dd, the LP a weekend warrior. Whatever we buy next will be an addition to the stable and not necessarily for a specific purpose.
NOT ATTRACTIVE ENOUGH?? im sure you have broken many hearts by saying that!!

as i had asked before, since you are in the final year of college, you will most probably be leaving abroad in some time for further studies. so wont you be gone by the time the SLS arrives?? why not save the SLS for your use abroad??
Old 20th September 2009, 14:11   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
I don't think so. I too don't think that the 458 Italia is not really attractive. It just doesn't look like a Ferrari is meant to look like! It doesn't give that true masculine look like the F430 does.

Also Ecks, when you say whatever car "we buy next", are you going to be sharing this with your brother?

Last edited by krazyking : 20th September 2009 at 14:12.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:12   #893
Senior - BHPian

Ecks when do you plan to write details about your time with the Porsche? You said you will write a separate thread to this effect. It will be great help to me and the team. Thanks in advance.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:22   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post

as i had asked before, since you are in the final year of college, you will most probably be leaving abroad in some time for further studies. so wont you be gone by the time the SLS arrives?? why not save the SLS for your use abroad??
I am sure I said what I did keeping in mind the fact that I will be leaving for academic pursuit abroad, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Also Ecks, when you say whatever car "we buy next", are you going to be sharing this with your brother?

I always see 'We' because it is not I who buys the car, but my father. I don't pay for it. When I earn and pay for my own cars, then I'll say 'my' or 'I'. And as always our cars are shared. Dad doesn't like to drive or be driven in the LP as it is a rough car but he likes being driven around once in a while in the m3. Me and my brother don't really mind using each others cars but we keep to our own cars because we have different driving styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Ecks when do you plan to write details about your time with the Porsche? You said you will write a separate thread to this effect. It will be great help to me and the team. Thanks in advance.
I wasn't aware you were waiting for a review bro. I'll write up on that soon.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 20th September 2009 at 14:25.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:28   #895
BHPian

there goes the SLS from you signature!! im sure recent posts here have made you rethink your plans!! take your time buddy!!

Old 20th September 2009, 15:03   #896
Senior - BHPian

I'm another who isn't too convinced by the look of the 458. It's not bad looking, but it certainly isn't beautiful either, like most Ferraris of the last decade.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:40   #897
BHPian

Quote:
II always see 'We' because it is not I who buys the car, but my father. I don't pay for it. When I earn and pay for my own cars, then I'll say 'my' or 'I'. And as always our cars are shared. Dad doesn't like to drive or be driven in the LP as it is a rough car but he likes being driven around once in a while in the m3. Me and my brother don't really mind using each others cars but we keep to our own cars because we have different driving styles.
Ohh I see, fair enough man. Another thing I've always been wondering about is, at what age did you learn to drive and what did you learn to drive on?

Hope thats not too personal mate.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:40   #898
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I'm another who isn't too convinced by the look of the 458. It's not bad looking, but it certainly isn't beautiful either, like most Ferraris of the last decade.
I agree. 'If it ain't broke, dont fix it.' The F430 is much better looking IMO though the performance of the 458 is a step ahead.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:31   #899
BHPian

So you're looking for a V8 or not anything in specific?
Old 20th September 2009, 16:57   #900
BHPian

Ecks,have you ever considered the following two to be your stable mate next?

1)2010 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

2)2011 Mclaren-MP4-12C

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks