Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 20:01   #1021
BHPian

You owned First Orange bull in the country (Read it somewhere in this thread).

It would be magnificient for us to see something which no one has owned in India .
Old 30th October 2009, 20:17   #1022
BHPian

No matter how flexible our country is or how corrupt the government is, rules ARE rules. It applies same for Ratan Tata as well as for a roadside vagabond but I guess a vagabond will be intersted in a california, leave alone buying one in LHD or RHD. I second Shamik on that. I do think it is the CARNET scheme. Get something that'll blow us away Ecks. Get that down by the CARNET scheme or whatever, as you'll be flying off to USA in sometime and thus you can enjoy it there.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:24   #1023
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post

@AltoHOncho: Nobody in India has a SLR because its not allowed to be sold here as it is a LHD. Same for the veyron. Not sure about the new McLaren though
The new McLaren MP4-12C is a British car and it will be available in RHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Get a hypercar ecks, your garage has great luxe and nice supercars, If not 458 Italia then get a hypercar, maybe something like a McLaren MP / Veyron / SLR McLaren (which could be well your Daly drive). I dont think in India anyone has a SLR yet, I maybe wrong though.
The new McLaren is not a hypercar. Its performance is in the same lines as that of a Porsche 997 Turbo/Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4/Ferrari 458 Italia/Nissan GT-R.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:55   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The new McLaren MP4-12C is a British car and it will be available in RHD.

The new McLaren is not a hypercar. Its performance is in the same lines as that of a Porsche 997 Turbo/Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4/Ferrari 458 Italia/Nissan GT-R.
So I thought. And Karan had already considered the MP4-12C if i remember correctly. But who would sell the car here? Most other supercar makers ether have a showroom or sell it through another franchise...
Old 30th October 2009, 21:18   #1025
BHPian

The McLaren MP4-12C sure looks ravishing though. Would be a nice eye candy for your garage though KDS
Old 30th October 2009, 21:31   #1026
Team-BHP Support

I'd say, a car that's very exclusive and rare would look amazing in Ecks' garage. A car that no one else has in India. A car that looks fantastic, sounds glorious and performs well and is extremely exclusive in India. I'd say that the first car that comes to my mind which is worthy of that description is a Spyker C8.
Old 30th October 2009, 21:42   #1027
BHPian

According to me a Caterham R500 would do justice to Ecks' collection of all the animals from around the world, keeping the bull in mind as an example.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:31   #1028
Senior - BHPian

You guys should know me well enough now. The car that I have in mind won't be the most exclusive as far as presence goes. There are already a few examples of it in India. But as I did with my M3, turned it from a relatively lesser known performance car to a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that nobody till date has replicated in India(and it is still under going mods), I will do the same with the upcoming car. It has immense mod potential and I kid you not, it will be the fastest car in India when I am done with it. Faster than my beloved bull. Fast enough to make minced meat out of it. Enough said. Let the wait begin.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:36   #1029
Senior - BHPian

My guess is Godzilla!

cheers
Old 30th October 2009, 22:40   #1030
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
You guys should know me well enough now. The car that I have in mind won't be the most exclusive as far as presence goes. There are already a few examples of it in India. But as I did with my M3, turned it from a relatively lesser known performance car to a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that nobody till date has replicated in India(and it is still under going mods), I will do the same with the upcoming car. It has immense mod potential and I kid you not, it will be the fastest car in India when I am done with it. Faster than my beloved bull. Fast enough to make minced meat out of it. Enough said. Let the wait begin.

Strong words there! I'm guessing that it would be a Nissan GT-R. The fastest car around the 'ring and a motor with immense tuning potential. Either that or a Porsche 911 (997 Mk-II) Turbo (Because the GT2 would be too hard core). Few other cars have the tuning potential that matches these two.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:45   #1031
BHPian

@ecks: like the way you put it.
then you will have one of the awesomest garage in India with two of the most pimped out and wicked rides.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:21   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Please tell us atleast how much time its going to take, so we can start the countdown.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:27   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
My guess is Godzilla!

cheers
+1 GTR it has to be.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:27   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I'm hooked. Can't wait. Since you say there are already a few examples and has immense mod potential, my best guess would be the Nissan GT-R. But knowing your affection for the better things in life, I'd refrain from putting my money on that. Would you go so far as to tinker and fettle with an Italian supercar? I'm guessing yes.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:31   #1035
BHPian

Thats great news ecks! Couldn't imagine LP leaving your Garage. So are you close on pick for next one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks