Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 23:36   #1036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
No matter how flexible our country is or how corrupt the government is, rules ARE rules. It applies same for Ratan Tata as well as for a roadside vagabond but I guess a vagabond will be intersted in a california, leave alone buying one in LHD or RHD. I second Shamik on that. I do think it is the CARNET scheme. Get something that'll blow us away Ecks. Get that down by the CARNET scheme or whatever, as you'll be flying off to USA in sometime and thus you can enjoy it there.
ratan tatas california cant be on carnet since it is registered here with an mh number.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:54   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Its registered? :O I guess with power and money, you can do just about everything
Old 31st October 2009, 00:02   #1038
BHPian

So rules do bend, eh?
I am sorry for my last post, indeed we are a corrupt country.
Old 31st October 2009, 00:15   #1039
Senior - BHPian

What is wrong with you guys? Haven't you read a rule that car manufacturers can import a LHD car for testing purposes ? So , Mr Tata used that rule and got one for him self or was probably gifted by Ferrari to a fellow Board member. Big deal guys, just chill and lets stick to what is relevant.
Old 31st October 2009, 00:25   #1040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
What is wrong with you guys? Haven't you read a rule that car manufacturers can import a LHD car for testing purposes ? So , Mr Tata used that rule and got one for him self or was probably gifted by Ferrari to a fellow Board member. Big deal guys, just chill and lets stick to what is relevant.

and karan, i saw the thread after 2 weeks, cant make up your mind eh? i too think your getting the gtr.
Old 31st October 2009, 01:58   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Ecks Mr.Tata's car did not come for testing or was not presented to him by Ferrari. It was bought by him and was Cleared only after all Duties and Penalties payed. Many cars in his garage are LHD's as he prefers them to the RHD cars. I have got it straight from the horses mouth.
Now lets get back to the new ride your about to get, shall we?
Old 31st October 2009, 02:10   #1042
Senior - BHPian

You sound as if you have you taken offense speedy? It doesn't bother me how Mr Tata got what, I was just clearing the air and wanted my thread to stick to discussions relevant in it.

What is next in the stable is a surprise and will be revealed soon!
Old 31st October 2009, 03:46   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
You sound as if you have you taken offense speedy? It doesn't bother me how Mr Tata got what, I was just clearing the air and wanted my thread to stick to discussions relevant in it.

Cant wait no more! Why dont you start giving us some kind of hints and make rest of us guess. That would make all of us busy till you reveal it. Of-course if you have decided on something though.
Old 31st October 2009, 10:55   #1044
Senior - BHPian

So yet another super-car !! Its kind of my dream to see all your cars in a photo shootout
Old 31st October 2009, 11:22   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Neon, you voice every one's desire. Trust me, once the new addition is made to the garage, I will for sure have a photoshoot of all the cars. The m3 is getting new rims/tires/brakes and the LP is getting an exhaust. All will be posted soon.
Old 31st October 2009, 11:33   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry if it sounded that way Ecks. The comp was acting up and the smiley did not come through. I completely agree that your thread should contain only the relevent topic and no other discussion take place here. That is the reason i mentioned the fact so that discussion on Mr.Tata's car does not come up again and we stick to the topic.

Let me take a guess. Ferrari 458 Italia or the Mercedes Benz Slr 722 S. The latter is more of a daily drive car and is available in RHD now. Coupe would do fine as you are not fond of the roadster.
Old 31st October 2009, 11:43   #1047
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't aware that the 722 S was available in rhd.
Old 31st October 2009, 11:49   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't aware that the 722 S was available in rhd.
There was one car offered to me and by the time my friend confirmed with them the car was sold to UK. It was a factory RHD and limited numbers are produced i was told.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:37   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neon, you voice every one's desire. Trust me, once the new addition is made to the garage, I will for sure have a photoshoot of all the cars. The m3 is getting new rims/tires/brakes and the LP is getting an exhaust. All will be posted soon.
Wow. I pray you get everything lined up pretty soon. Its gonna be a gala day to see all beauties lined up for a ramp show
Old 31st October 2009, 15:13   #1050
BHPian

my original guess would have been the GTR, not exclusive in road presence, great potential, the works, but after speedy's claim that the slr 722 is available in RHD....COULD IT BE??

P.S: im really confused about one thing, Mclaren is based in the UK, and the mcmerc slr is made in the uk aswell. why then were there no RHD slr's before??

Last edited by bivin : 31st October 2009 at 15:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks