Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 02:50   #1081
BHPian

So many for GTR, I would love to see the Spec-V in ecks garage but not the regular one.
ecks: Do you intend to use it on a regular basis or 3-4 days a week? Will it be the first of its kind in India or the fastest production car without any mods? I know it will narrow down the list but it would be fun!
I wont be surprised if its a Veyron!

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 4th November 2009 at 02:51.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:15   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecks was looking at building and running a race track in North India.

Ecks was saying something about the fastest car in the country.

Maybe Ecks was talking abt the Caparo T1?

It is fast. WIll be faster than any Bugatti, Ferrari or Datsun around a track and will beeat all these cars to 100 kmph. Will be reasonably cheap as well.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:33   #1083
BHPian

It could possibly well be the GTR as it has the potential for various mods.

But what makes me think that it's something else, is that earlier Ecks wanted to sell his LP640 off as he couldn't take it out as much as he would've liked to due to the low Ground Clearance, but I don't see how the GTR will be any different as it too has a low GC. Even staying in a country like Hong Kong, my friend has trouble with his GTR especially with the speed-stoppers.

So can it really be the Nissan GTR?
Old 4th November 2009, 21:51   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
It could possibly well be the GTR as it has the potential for various mods.

So can it really be the Nissan GTR?
I myself thought it could be the GTR. Had posted it earlier, but right now I am watching a video. Its called Clarkson Hot Metal.
I am reminded of a car which could be a worthy competitor for the spot all of us are trying to guess. Is it the Zonda F?
What say people?
Any guesses?
Old 4th November 2009, 22:14   #1085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I myself thought it could be the GTR. Had posted it earlier, but right now I am watching a video. Its called Clarkson Hot Metal.
I am reminded of a car which could be a worthy competitor for the spot all of us are trying to guess. Is it the Zonda F?
What say people?
Any guesses?
Hypercars are probably out of the question as they're too impractical. The Veyron, I'm told, would be hard to import so that may be out of the question as well! The Zonda's ground clearance is worse that the Murcielago LP 640!

It could be a car which he could use on a more regular basis than the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640. It would definitely be a car with immense tuning potential. My guesses would remain to be either the V-Spec GT-R or the new face-lifted Porsche 997 Turbo!
Old 4th November 2009, 22:28   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Suhaas, you're obsessed with Porsches aren't you? :P No offence bro, but in a garage which already has a LP640 and a highly tuned M3 as the daily drive vehicle, the 997 Turbo doesn't really make sense. I'd look such a tool if karan actually buys the 997 Turbo
@Preetam: The Zonda F is highly improbable as there is only 1 RHD version of the car and its already been sold to a very prominent footballer.
As Karan hasn't been saying much ever since the GT-R Spec V was mentioned i'm guessing that is the one Karan will be looking to buy. I have a sneaking suspicion that Karan's been reading through this page and thinking that we are more excited about his new car than he is. No offence to you either Karan. Whatever car you choose, I'm pretty sure it'll be mind-blowing.
Old 4th November 2009, 23:20   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Suhaas, you're obsessed with Porsches aren't you? :P No offence bro, but in a garage which already has a LP640 and a highly tuned M3 as the daily drive vehicle, the 997 Turbo doesn't really make sense. I'd look such a tool if karan actually buys the 997 Turbo
Yes indeed! But I must tell you, I have never been a fan of the 997 Turbo. In fact, I'm not a fan of any of the 'Turbos' after the departure of the incredible 993 type 911 Turbo. I just mentioned the Turbo because apart from it and the GT-R, I can't really think of a high end Super car that has serious tuning potential. Yes, there are plenty of Supercars that you can soup up but the 997 Turbo and the GT-R are the more popular ones and are generally more drivable than the rest in the breed.

And contrary to your statement, the 997 Turbo would be almost perfect. It is a very easy car to drive on a daily basis, more reliable and efficient than most super cars out there, and of course, has the badge and pedigree that the Datsun can never match in this lifetime. Anyway, I wouldn't be exactly disappointed if Karan decides to pick up the 997 Turbo, but I'd like to see something else.

I wasn't suggesting the 997 Turbo in anyway either. It was just a thought as Karan had mentioned that he'd like a very fast car that should be reliable and drivable (nothing like the Murcielago) and with amazing tuning potential.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:20   #1088
BHPian

Could be an Evo X. It has equally superb tuning potential, cost less, carry a racing lineage and can be daily drive too and IMO Service support wont be an issue either as dealerships are present which could serve the purpose.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:33   #1089
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan GT-R Spec-V maybe in red. It looks great, has a great tuning potential and post tuning, it could well be the fastest car in India. But can it beat Mr.Raymond's Nissan Skyline? It would be really interesting to see this Godzilla vs Godzilla fight
Old 5th November 2009, 11:40   #1090
BHPian

We've least possible straight roads anywhere in India, Amaerican muscle will not sustain these roads
Old 5th November 2009, 12:11   #1091
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Nissan GT-R Spec-V maybe in red. It looks great, has a great tuning potential and post tuning, it could well be the fastest car in India. But can it beat Mr.Raymond's Nissan Skyline? It would be really interesting to see this Godzilla vs Godzilla fight
Somehow I don't think Karan would opt for the GT-R. I'm sure he would have extensively researched on the Datsun and as most of us know, the GT-R is plagued with some serious transmission issues. The gearbox is not equipped and designed to handle insane power outputs. In fact, it will not be able to handle much beyond stock output. Many R35's trannys have known to go kaput after serious performance upgrades. Unlike the older Skyline GT-R R34 that had a German sourced Getrag gearbox that could handle 1000+ bhp, the current R35's tranny is quite different. I'm sure Karan has kept this in mind.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th November 2009 at 12:14.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:16   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Somehow I don't think Karan would opt for the GT-R. I'm sure he would have extensively researched on the Datsun and as most of us know, the GT-R is plagued with some serious transmission issues. The gearbox is not equipped and designed to handle insane power outputs. In fact, it will not be able to handle much beyond stock output. Many R35's trannys have known to go kaput after serious performance upgrades. Unlike the older Skyline GT-R R34 that had a German sourced Getrag gearbox that could handle 1000+ bhp, the current R35's tranny is quite different. I'm sure Karan has kept this in mind.
Actually , you are mistaken here. The R35 can handle 800 bhp easily (P800 Switzer?). The transmission 'problems' were LC only in the 09 models. In the 2010 models it was fixed. I don't know how a well read guy like you can falter here. Read up on Nagtroc and you can see how easily the R35 can be modded.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:57   #1093
Team-BHP Support

now i have a feeling that when ecks reveals what he has bought it will already be with him.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:07   #1094
Senior - BHPian

This is what has happened to the thread right now
Lets wait for karan to update!
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-1555hijacklive.jpg  

Old 5th November 2009, 16:50   #1095
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Actually , you are mistaken here. The R35 can handle 800 bhp easily (P800 Switzer?). The transmission 'problems' were LC only in the 09 models. In the 2010 models it was fixed. I don't know how a well read guy like you can falter here. Read up on Nagtroc and you can see how easily the R35 can be modded.
Interesting. You seem a bit irritated and upset. I'm sorry if I'd offended you.

I am aware of the P800 Switzer GT-R but it makes around 700 bhp. NAGTROC does throw some light on the Transmission issues but according to Nissan, excessive use of the LC with the VDC turned off could lead to transmission failures. But according to the owner's manual, and a statement released by Nissan at a press conference earlier, the LC can be used any number of times with the VDC turned off. Court proceedings are still on about this issue. Oh, and Nissan are still working on tweaking the VDC and LC in the '10 models.

P.S. Everyone falters, one day or another.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th November 2009 at 17:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks