Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 21:47   #1156
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecks ---- DOesnt the M3 make 400 BHP in stock form?

You have 490 due to the exhaust only?
Old 8th November 2009, 22:28   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Ecks ---- DOesnt the M3 make 400 BHP in stock form?

You have 490 due to the exhaust only?
Uhh , no and no? The M3 makes 414 hp at the crank or roughly 420. I have the following mods:

AA ECU
EvoSport Pulley
Fabspeed X pipe and HFC's
Eisenmann exhaust
Dinan 3.62 differential(adds to torque only)
Gruppe M intake

All those combined push the power to ~490 bhp.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:35   #1158
Distinguished - BHPian

Hehe, ok!

I knew you had done some mods, didnt expect them to have such a big effect!

However, could you explain what this EvoSport pulley does? And what do you mean by X Pipe and HFC?
Old 8th November 2009, 22:43   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Pulley is a part that rotates a specific belt in the engine . EvoSport makes a lighter pulley that reduces the rotational mass and adds to power. It has always been the most friendly and common mod for M engines. HFC means High Flow Catalysts . They are joined to the headers. So by changing them , the gases flow more freely and the X pipe is the pipe connected to the HFC and is in X shape. The X pipe is connected to the muffler tips. So basically the entire exhaust , from the mufflers to the cats, has been changed, thereby adding to power and sound. I can't test the power numbers as there are no Dyno centers around me.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:52   #1160
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice! Thanks for the info! And AA ECU I assume means a sort of ECU remap or a piggyback UCE.

Outright power numbers dont mean anything. Whether it makes 490 now or 470 or 450, it doesnt matter. What matters is it almost flies!
Old 8th November 2009, 22:54   #1161
Senior - BHPian

AA stands for Active Autowerke. They reprogramed my ecu for better cam timings,aggressive fuel mapping and shift times. And yes, what matters is the feel of the car and the way it pulls.
Old 9th November 2009, 04:24   #1162
Senior - BHPian

KD are you keeping your old 19s?
Old 9th November 2009, 10:43   #1163
Senior - BHPian

About the reveal of the mystery car. Many of you had guessed right, it is the 2010 Nissan GTR. Now I will try and answer your questions as posted in the previous pages and answer some generic questions as well.

Q - Why the GTR?
A - It seemed the best option for me and suits my needs and personality well. I needed a stealth fighter that has thrills like the LP and comfort of the M3. This is it.

Q - Weren't you considering the LP560?
A - Yes, I was , but I wasn't going to sell the LP640 and I wanted a different experience in that sense.

Q - What about the Spec-V GTR?
A - A lot of money for mods that I can get done myself.

Q - What about the 911 TT,McLaren,SLS,AM V12V?
A - I am over Porsche's for the time being, the McLaren is too far ahead in the launch schedule and the SLS doesn't tingle my senses and AMV12V isn't AM's best effort.

Q - Won't the GTR be as impractical as the LP in GC and technical problems?
A - From initial reports and research I have done, the GTR has M3-like ground clearance, so it should not be a problem. Yes, it is a technical master - piece and I have a good team of people who would be assisting me in the modification and maintenance of the car.

Q - What about transmission issues?
A - They were resolved by Nissan for the 2010 model

Q - So will this be the fastest car in India/What mods?
A - Modding process will start after a month of driving the car. Let's see where it takes us, as this engine has great tuning potential.

Q - When will the car get here?
A - Soon. Very Soon.

Q - What color/trim?
A - Black GTR, Black edition.

Shoot up more if you have, and I'll answer them, but no flaming please. Lets just stick to genuine questions and no car vs car questions.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 9th November 2009 at 10:44.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:06   #1164
Senior - BHPian

You'll enjoy the GTR a lot.
Good choice.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:22   #1165
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a great choice. The black edition looks stunning in flesh. Wish you many happy miles with your GT-R. Congratulations on your new ride. I am sure you are going to love it to bits. And do keep the pics coming once the car is there Congrats once again
Old 9th November 2009, 11:24   #1166
Senior - BHPian

You know Ecks, I got a chance to lay my hands on my friend's brand new white GTR the day before yesterday which changed my mind completely about it.

My impression: At first, I thought it was very ugly looking no matter how good it behaves as a MASTER-PIECE engineering piece. But now, I am looking at his car day by day and I started feeling that it is not that bad.

I was not posting anything from past few days due to the game of cats and dogs, but was continuously following the thread.

Choice varies from person to person, so don't worry about car comparisons because thats what we all are here for. It will be your own choice in the end, that will matter. After all, you can't make every one happy (No offense to anyone, please ). I highly appreciate your choice again.

About the GC of the car, lets say a bit low (4 n half inches to be specific, as told by my friend) but then, you don't really have any serious speed bumps in Chandigarh.

I am surely looking forward to this thread about the mods on your new ride. Congrats once again.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th November 2009 at 11:53. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules before proceeding. Thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 11:24   #1167
BHPian

Great choice Karan, just googled the pics of the car and it looks simply stunning. All the best with the modifications. Waiting for another amazing photo shoot just the like the one you did for your R8, M3 and LP. And ya good luck with another round of sleepless nights till you get the delivery . Congrats again.

Last edited by Somu2009 : 9th November 2009 at 11:27.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:05   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
I am changing my guesses back to GT-R,especially after reading Ecks post in Bangy supercar thread a black one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
About the reveal of the mystery car. Many of you had guessed right, it is the 2010 Nissan GTR.
Q - What color/trim?
A - Black GTR, Black edition.
Not bad,i guessed it right[Car and the color].
Thats a great decision dudeHave fun with her,a SAFE one
Old 9th November 2009, 12:13   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Awesome!! Brilliant choice Ecks, Your taste in cars is truly outstanding. Cant wait too see pics of the GTR alongside the LP/M3 and R8.

Modding the car yourself is something I always prefer than buying a Stock Factory tuned car. The challenges and the Desire to achieve more is truly great. Cant wait to see the MOD list on this GTR.

How many GTRs are their in the Country?? Would this be the first in North India?? I have not seen any in Delhi
Old 9th November 2009, 12:23   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Awesome!! Brilliant choice Ecks, Your taste in cars is truly outstanding. Cant wait too see pics of the GTR alongside the LP/M3 and R8.

Modding the car yourself is something I always prefer than buying a Stock Factory tuned car. The challenges and the Desire to achieve more is truly great. Cant wait to see the MOD list on this GTR.

How many GTRs are their in the Country?? Would this be the first in North India?? I have not seen any in Delhi
Thank you sir! I think there are less than 10 R 35 GTR;s in India and most of them are in the southern part of India. Not sure about Delhi. It'll be the first in the Punjab region for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks