Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 21:24   #1216
BHPian

Hey Nikhil, its alright bro. Sorry about that Suhass was my fault, didn't realize the pictures were the same in my excitement.

Looking at those pictures of the GTR made me completely forget about everything around me,

Last edited by funkydevil : 10th November 2009 at 21:25.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:33   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
- I'm not completely aware of this but the GT-R does have a limiter, doesn't it? Would it be possible to remove it? Could you shed some light on this please?
Yes, GT-Rs do have limiter. In Japanese models, the 111mph limiter is turned off on every circuit approved by Nissan. But not in States, because there is no communication between ECU and the GPS in US models, the 156mph limiter sucks! It can be removed by flashing and retuning the ECU though.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:41   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Suhaas, the GTR in Japan is limited to 112mph on the roads and as such the top speed is 193mph. But since I am getting the car from an England authorized dealer , there will be no 112mph limit, only the top speed limit of 193mph. Since I plan to mod the car extensively, starting from end of Jan,
there will be no limiters. =)
Hi ecks,
So what kind of bhp and torque figures are we looking at when the modifications come to an end.
And also would like to know where you get all these mods(m3,hamann in lp and gtr) done?
regards
arjun
Old 10th November 2009, 22:16   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Does Nissan India offer any service for the GT-R?
Old 10th November 2009, 22:29   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Yes, GT-Rs do have limiter. In Japanese models, the 111mph limiter is turned off on every circuit approved by Nissan. But not in States, because there is no communication between ECU and the GPS in US models, the 156mph limiter sucks! It can be removed by flashing and retuning the ECU though.
Uhm, what 156mph limiter are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hi ecks,
So what kind of bhp and torque figures are we looking at when the modifications come to an end.
And also would like to know where you get all these mods(m3,hamann in lp and gtr) done?
regards
arjun
Looking at ~700hp once I am done modding. Parts are installed by my Delhi team at chandigarh or delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Does Nissan India offer any service for the GT-R?
No, they do not.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:18   #1221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Suhaas, the GTR in Japan is limited to 112mph on the roads and as such the top speed is 193mph. But since I am getting the car from an England authorized dealer , there will be no 112mph limit, only the top speed limit of 193mph. Since I plan to mod the car extensively, starting from end of Jan, there will be no limiters. =)
Thanks for the info guys. I knew that there was communication between the ECU and the GPS in the GT-R but I wasn't aware that it's for the Jap-spec models only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Hey Nikhil, its alright bro. Sorry about that Suhass was my fault, didn't realize the pictures were the same in my excitement.

Looking at those pictures of the GTR made me completely forget about everything around me,
Hey no problem! No harm done at all And the other pictures that you posted and I hadn't are great! I quite like the white one but the over-sized wing doesn't cut it for me!
Old 10th November 2009, 23:31   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Uhm, what 156mph limiter are you talking about?
Ecks, my friend's 2009 GT-R had a speed limiter of 156mph~250kmph. He bought the car from USA and had to flash the ECU to crack the limiter. I assume you are going to get 2010 GT-R which is not supposed to have this limiter.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:42   #1223
BHPian

@ecks: if you don't mind could you please elaborate on "my team in Delhi" who mod your rides.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:46   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the limiter in US models is 193mph since it launch last year.

Ecks: Congrats and seriously did not expect you to go for GTR but I should have guessed it based on the mods done to M3. Thats one mean machine and cant wait to see it in your garage. Btw what's up with the special black paint? I couldn't understand what Super Silver in GTR meant either!

Update: yes for 2009 GTR the limiter was set to 156. Sorry about that Ace!

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 10th November 2009 at 23:52.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:49   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
The limiter was US models is 193mph since it launch last year. Anyway look at the link for US specs
2010 Nissan GT-R Specs - Nissan USA
i thought that the gt-r had a top speed of 193mph. if it is limited to that much, what is it really capable of achieving??
Old 11th November 2009, 00:00   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
i thought that the gt-r had a top speed of 193mph. if it is limited to that much, what is it really capable of achieving??
You might be right! There might be no limiter on the ECU if it says 193MPH.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:05   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Update: yes for 2009 GTR the limiter was set to 156. Sorry about that Ace!
No worries Viper , What am I actually thinking after driving GT-R is; if the stock GT-R is such a face bending monster, what Ecks is gonna make it after all the modifications!!!
Old 11th November 2009, 01:30   #1228

Just FYI, Nissan DOES service the GT-R.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:57   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Quote:
No, they do not.
I'm confused. Earlier in the thread Ecks said that he contacted the Nissan service centre, and they said they'd service the GTR. And now he said they don't and Cryus says they don't?

P.S. - Congrats on the GTR Ecks. Don't know if you read in one of my posts earlier, but I said that one of my friends here owns a GTR and his bro has trouble with the GC even in a place like Hong Kong. How do you plan to overcome that?
Old 11th November 2009, 11:23   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
And 'just' for your FYI , they don't officially. I contacted Nissan Delhi guys and they said although they don't do it officially , they can always try and get info and do it. And Nissan Japan 'authorizes' a select few dealers around the world to sell and service the GTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
I'm confused. Earlier in the thread Ecks said that he contacted the Nissan service centre, and they said they'd service the GTR. And now he said they don't and Cryus says they don't?

P.S. - Congrats on the GTR Ecks. Don't know if you read in one of my posts earlier, but I said that one of my friends here owns a GTR and his bro has trouble with the GC even in a place like Hong Kong. How do you plan to overcome that?
I have read a lot that the GTR has M3 like clearance , so let's see.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 11th November 2009 at 11:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks