Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 19:25   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Karan, can you disclose the approx cost of the Vinyl Wrap ? Can it be bought and Locally Installed. Or it needs to be done there only ?
Wrap was for about 4500 gbp. It can be installed locally if one knows an expert installer. No newbies allowed actually as even a spec of dust under the wrap will stand out and often the most difficult part of the install are the edges , doors, trunk etc of the car , so an expert is required. That is the reason I am getting it done in England but have a back up plan of getting new colored wraps installed locally in Delhi when need be. Now that info on who will do it locally is something I cannot reveal.... yet. =)
Old 1st December 2009, 19:33   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Wrap was for about 4500 gbp. It can be installed locally if one knows an expert installer. No newbies allowed actually as even a spec of dust under the wrap will stand out and often the most difficult part of the install are the edges , doors, trunk etc of the car , so an expert is required. That is the reason I am getting it done in England but have a back up plan of getting new colored wraps installed locally in Delhi when need be. Now that info on who will do it locally is something I cannot reveal.... yet. =)
Getting a matte black wrap is a better idea that getting the whole car repainted. There are plenty of + points for the wrap that you've mentioned! (Protecting the paint and so on)

The SX4 does look great with the matte paint but if he wants to change it (Which I suppose he will) He would have to repaint it again! With the wrap, you can just replace it while the original colour remains intact!

You've done your research on this Karan! Hats off to you!
Old 1st December 2009, 20:01   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehe, You have a Suspense for Any and Everything. LOL !! btw, Congrats on the GTR personally. Heard a while before that you might go for the RR Ghost(RR4) so what will amke space for the Ghost ? The Flying B ??
Old 1st December 2009, 23:04   #1339
BHPian

BBS CH-R + BMW M3 = Perfect

PJ
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:16   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Here is a side by side picture of the factory gloss black or Kuro black paint on the GTR and a matte black wrap. Pictures taken from Nagtroc.com The wrap that I am getting is a bit darker than the picture one.
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-compare-black-matte-black.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-compare-black-matte-black-2.jpg  

Last edited by ecksreturns : 2nd December 2009 at 19:18.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:26   #1341
BHPian

LOOKS YUM!!!

btw, is the wrap one single piece or stuck in parts??
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:27   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a side by side picture of the factory gloss black or Kuro black paint on the GTR and a matte black wrap. Pictures taken from Nagtroc.com The wrap that I am getting is a bit darker than the picture one.
God ! That looks Simply INSANE. Awesome man. Congrats(i know its the gazillionth time). I think yours is the first Black (Gloss/Matte) in the country right. Correct me if im wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
LOOKS YUM!!!

Single Piece ? You must be kidding. How on earth can it be a single piece ? Then Karan must squeeze himself in through the Sunroof. Lol !!

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd December 2009 at 20:10. Reason: As mentioned before - pease use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:34   #1343
BHPian

LOL!! i was asking coz the finish is fabulous!! cant make out any difference between matte paint and the wrap!! i guess the 4500 UKP does pay off!!

P.S: is this wrap similar to the one used on the BMW 760li in the movie 'taxi'??

Last edited by bivin : 2nd December 2009 at 19:35.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:45   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOOKS YUM!!!

Well there is a sheet of the wrap and then it is cut into pieces in the shape of the different body parts of the car.

Quote:
God ! That looks Simply INSANE. Awesome man. Congrats(i know its the gazillionth time). I think yours is the first Black (Gloss/Matte) in the country right. Correct me if im wrong.
Gloss black = No.
Matte black = yes.

Quote:
Single Piece ? You must be kidding. How on earth can it be a single piece ? Then Karan must squeeze himself in through the Sunroof. Lol !!
No sunroof either! Lol!

Quote:
LOL!! i was asking coz the finish is fabulous!! cant make out any difference between matte paint and the wrap!! i guess the 4500 UKP does pay off!!

P.S: is this wrap similar to the one used on the BMW 760li in the movie 'taxi'??
The finish is the most important aspect of the wrap as it has to be inserted into door panels and the edges are the most difficult. That is why only an expert should do the job and it takes a week or so to wrap this car as it has a very unique , angular design.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:50   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Karan, Have you actually recieved the delivery of the car in England and is doing the wrap job yourself or is it being done by your Importer ? And, any clue of appoximate arrival of the Zilla at ur place ? I have to book a ticket to CHD. Thats why. Lol !! When i visit CHD sometime am i welcome to take a peek ? Im all in for the LP. I think i was just born to own a Murcielago anyday soon. (Thoguh heard they are gonna put it off the prod. line soon)

Last edited by Scorcher : 2nd December 2009 at 19:54.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:54   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karan, Have you actually recieved the delivery of the car in England and is doing the wrap job yourself or is it being done by your Importer ? And, any clue of appoximate arrival of the Zilla in ur place ?
Yes the car has arrived in England. The pictures I posted just before these comparison pictures were of my actual car in England. The guys who are doing the installation are experts in the field. They ordered the wrap for me from their US counterparts 2 weeks before my car was to arrive. The wrap is gonna arrive by Thursday and work will commence on Monday as the weekend is off.
My importer found these guys in England so he is the agent between me and the installers.
The car should be with me at my place by the 23rd or 25th of December, so about a little more than a couple of weeks.

EDIT - Yes you are welcome to meet up for a spin the LP or any other car in our stable.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 2nd December 2009 at 20:02.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:56   #1347
BHPian

25th dec eh?? wonder how santas gonna come through your chimney this year!!

congrats once again!!
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:58   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the car has arrived in England. The pictures I posted just before these comparison pictures were of my actual car in England. The guys who are doing the installation are experts in the field. They ordered the wrap for me from their US counterparts 2 weeks before my car was to arrive. The wrap is gonna arrive by Thursday and work will commence on Monday as the weekend is off.
My importer found these guys in England so he is the agent between me and the installers.
The car should be with me at my place by the 23rd or 25th of December, so about a little more than a couple of weeks.
On the lighter side, you can say that. "This is what Santa bought me this Christmas"

btw, I edited my prev. post. I Expect a reply for the remaining part too.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:17   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
On the lighter side, you can say that. "This is what Santa bought me this Christmas"

btw, I edited my prev. post. I Expect a reply for the remaining part too.
Santa is bringing a mind boggling gift for KD ! lol !
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:58   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Sick! That side-by-side really shows the matte finish off well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks