Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 20:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

To each his own man. Getting these rims from the States directly.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2009, 21:32   #197
BANNED

personally love the 19'' M rims that i got on the m3 wouldn't want to change those .
Old 14th May 2009, 21:34   #198
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
personally love the 19'' M rims that i got on the m3 wouldn't want to change those .
Ya they look great too. Nice clean look with all the chrome shining on white. I've seen it 2 or 3 times the past week going from GK side to NH8
Old 14th May 2009, 22:36   #199
Senior - BHPian

Hey ecks what brand are they?

I am sure with your infinite budget you will be able to source any rims you like. Have you looked at the other options available? I am sure BBS's would look killer on your ride.

Be very very wary of 19'ers life isnt that easy with em. Trust me I know, and the lower profile you go the more you will have burst tires and broken rims. But I am sure c'garh has amazing roads devoid of any potholes. Looking forward to the pictures eagerly and congrats in advance for the ooh so lovely R8 have you decided the color?
Old 14th May 2009, 22:43   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hey ecks what brand are they?

I am sure with your infinite budget you will be able to source any rims you like. Have you looked at the other options available? I am sure BBS's would look killer on your ride.

Be very very wary of 19'ers life isnt that easy with em. Trust me I know, and the lower profile you go the more you will have burst tires and broken rims. But I am sure c'garh has amazing roads devoid of any potholes. Looking forward to the pictures eagerly and congrats in advance for the ooh so lovely R8 have you decided the color?

Yeah man , I checked out a few rim designs but these rims were my favorites . These are VMR rims but slightly modified by EAS .
For safety purposes , I have ordered 6 rims and tires . 2 front , 2 rear , 1 spare front and 1 spare rear . In case of further damage , I can also get additional ones from the US as I will be retaining the stock 18" that came with the car. And of course, 19" also means careful driving.

The R8 will be my brother's car . He is a fan of black color cars , so black R8 it will be. I have advised him to consider white R8 with carbon side blades or red with carbon blades.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:41   #201
BANNED

dude congrats on the R8 ..... but was wondering that isnt the r8 too low as in if he wants to use it for daily driving because i was also wanting to go for it but everyone told me that its too low and wouldn't be the best option for Delhi.

cheers
AM
Old 15th May 2009, 00:26   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Yeah man , I checked out a few rim designs but these rims were my favorites . These are VMR rims but slightly modified by EAS .
For safety purposes , I have ordered 6 rims and tires . 2 front , 2 rear , 1 spare front and 1 spare rear . In case of further damage , I can also get additional ones from the US as I will be retaining the stock 18" that came with the car. And of course, 19" also means careful driving.

The R8 will be my brother's car . He is a fan of black color cars , so black R8 it will be. I have advised him to consider white R8 with carbon side blades or red with carbon blades.
Aah do try taking a look at the BBS or the OZ Superleggara's as well if you havent already ordered them. Havent heard of the company, but yes they do look unique and quite cool. How much should they be I am guessing 1000$ a piece? I wish wish wish I could ever order spare rims in my life! What rubber are you putting on? I am thinking Michilin PS2 265/35 in the front and 295/35 in the back should seem exotic!

I agree with your idea as a plain Black wont bring out the design nuinces in the R8. I also think you should make a speciality garage (hanger?) for these cars behind or near your place where they will be protected from sunlight and dust.
Old 15th May 2009, 09:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aah do try taking a look at the BBS or the OZ Superleggara's as well if you havent already ordered them. Havent heard of the company, but yes they do look unique and quite cool. How much should they be I am guessing 1000$ a piece? I wish wish wish I could ever order spare rims in my life! What rubber are you putting on? I am thinking Michilin PS2 265/35 in the front and 295/35 in the back should seem exotic!

I agree with your idea as a plain Black wont bring out the design nuinces in the R8. I also think you should make a speciality garage (hanger?) for these cars behind or near your place where they will be protected from sunlight and dust.

VMR is short for Velocity Motoring and EAS is short for European Auto Source . You'd be surprised to know that 4 rims and tires came in a package of 2200 USD. Yeah , that is the deal that I got.
For the rubber I went with 255/35-19 Front Bridgestone Potenza RE050A and 285/30-19 Rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A . This setup suits the stock offset of the tires and does not cause any overt 'sticking out' of the tires .

Yeah I too am thinking of a specialized garage for the cars. At the moment they are protected by special car covers that I had got made for them , but we definitely need a better place.
Old 15th May 2009, 09:31   #204
BHPian

do you have carbon ceramic brakes for your lambo ?
Old 15th May 2009, 10:44   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
do you have carbon ceramic brakes for your lambo ?
Yes I do have the Ceramic composite brakes for the LP640.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:23   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
VMR is short for Velocity Motoring and EAS is short for European Auto Source . You'd be surprised to know that 4 rims and tires came in a package of 2200 USD. Yeah , that is the deal that I got.
For the rubber I went with 255/35-19 Front Bridgestone Potenza RE050A and 285/30-19 Rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A . This setup suits the stock offset of the tires and does not cause any overt 'sticking out' of the tires .

Yeah I too am thinking of a specialized garage for the cars. At the moment they are protected by special car covers that I had got made for them , but we definitely need a better place.
If you got the 4 rims and a set of mentioned tires at 2200$ its a absolute steal! If you are opening her up and getting all this work done anyways why dont you go in for a Brembo brake upgrade as well? Its a nice choice getting work done by the BMW people even if they havent done the work before I am more then sure the people there are more then competent and will get a neat job done. And am more sure they will accomodate you in terms of warrenty etc . The car is shaping up pretty darn good.

Nice to see you agree about the garage suggestion. Because I am more then sure these beauties need controlled conditions which no car covers can give, and our weather can be very unforgiving. I think I have asked you this before but dont remember you answering, why no exotic bikes? Ducati is officially here!! The country's one and only Desmosedici RR would look amazing in that garage and I am more then sure it will outrun that LP640 of yours
Old 15th May 2009, 12:31   #207
BHPian

Quote:
why no exotic bikes? Ducati is officially here!! The country's one and only Desmosedici RR would look amazing in that garage and I am more then sure it will outrun that LP640 of yours
I really doubt his parents will allow him to ride bikes. . As long as its cars, they will oblige, but bikes are totally different.

Parents think that, bikes are unsafe compared to cars and they are right also.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:58   #208
D-Man

Loved the Rims on the Red one. Looks like a Texan. The 'Bmw' emblem dropped off on one of them. Why dont you get a Custom Emblem fitted in thos 'KDS' Just like Quickdraw I was wondering wont the covers damage the paint when you remove it or put it on? I am talking abt scratches that can build on the car. Of course you have the resources to send the car back and get it repainted. R8 in red looks better then black according to me. For me I shall be ordering one in red (Scale model )

Old 15th May 2009, 14:27   #209
BHPian

Ecks you should hire quickdraw to manage your cars while being your car adviser simultaneously, I think he'd do a great job! Haha.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:45   #210
BHPian

Ecks, your garage is just so amazing. But why do you plan to sell the porshe , is it because it doesnt excite you any more or your garage doesnt have place for both the R8 and porshe (which i seriously doubt). Just wanted to check if you to find the porshe less exciting to your taste compared to the lambo and m3 and hence dispose it off. Btw which of the cars do you use for what occasions. My guess

1. Office/buisness use - M3 /bentley
2. Parties with friends - lambo
3. Long drives - M3
4. Adrenaline rush - M3, lambo may be occasionally coz of its ground clearance cant be used as much as one would want on indian roads.

Ofcourse the porshe can be used for all the occasions, but i am talking in terms of relative preference for example i would rather be seen in a lambo than a porshe in parties coz of the snob value, long drives the M3 because of the practicality on indian roads, office- i would rather be seen in a stately sedan than lambo or a porshe. Others might have a different opinion but this purely my thought.

so where exactly does the porshe fit in ?

Most Viewed