Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 16:34   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Not entirely. There are many cars here that sport the numbr , like , PBH 1 or CHD 1 or some thing.
But aren't such kind of numbers ( quite common on Swifts and Endeavours in our region) are actually old registrations carried over from older vehicles to the new cars? A guy at Ropar carried over some similar kind of registration from a Vespa scoot to his Laura. But I guess its illegal now to carry over such registrations now as it was making a dent in the amounts generated by auctions for new VIP registrations. I have just heard about it and so am not sure.

BTW, are you carrying the original registration for the Rolls you bought or have got a VIP no. for it too?

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 27th May 2009 at 16:35.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:20   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
But aren't such kind of numbers ( quite common on Swifts and Endeavours in our region) are actually old registrations carried over from older vehicles to the new cars? A guy at Ropar carried over some similar kind of registration from a Vespa scoot to his Laura. But I guess its illegal now to carry over such registrations now as it was making a dent in the amounts generated by auctions for new VIP registrations. I have just heard about it and so am not sure.

BTW, are you carrying the original registration for the Rolls you bought or have got a VIP no. for it too?

No , what you said is true.
The rolls has the same number that it came with , but will be changed in a few weeks.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2009, 18:07   #258
BHPian

Quote:

Are you sure that it is illegal to purchase these number. I am looking forward to buy one.

Can anyone else please confirm this info?
Old 27th May 2009, 18:20   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post

Are you sure that it is illegal to purchase these number. I am looking forward to buy one.

Can anyone else please confirm this info?
No I am not cent percent sure. You may inquire with the RTO. BTW what did 'purchase' meant here? Are you paying someone to acquire the registration number of his vehicle and then getting it transferred in your name? Or are nos. like PBK 1 etc. still up for sale by the RTO?
If am not wrong few years back Maruti provided nos. like HRU-10 etc. to some of its customers under a promotional scheme.
Old 27th May 2009, 18:35   #260
BHPian

Quote:
No I am not cent percent sure. You may inquire with the RTO. BTW what did 'purchase' meant here? Are you paying someone to acquire the registration number of his vehicle and then getting it transferred in your name? Or are nos. like PBK 1 etc. still up for sale by the RTO?
If am not wrong few years back Maruti provided nos. like HRU-10 etc. to some of its customers under a promotional scheme.
Yes, I am looking forward to pay for the number and then getting it transferred to my name. The number i am buying is not up for sale by RTO. Someone known to my close friend is selling it. Number is Punjab registered (PXX-X). Will get the rules checked.
Old 29th May 2009, 06:46   #261
BHPian

AFAIK, only CHD administration has stopped the transfer of old regn. numbers to new vehicles, though this process is still on in Punjab, don't know about other states.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 29th May 2009, 06:50   #262
BHPian

Just checked your garage pics Karan.. You've got all my dream cars in one garage..Excellent stuff matey
Old 5th June 2009, 20:19   #263
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pictures I clicked in a hurry . These are the new rims . They may noy look 'great' in the pictures but they look awesome in sun light / in person . Also attaching a picture of the interior . As you may have noticed , I have replaced the stock interior bulbs with high intensity LED's , so the stock yellow bulbs have been replaced by nice white bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-img_0014.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-img_0017.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-img_0020.jpg  

ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2009, 20:33   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
They may noy look 'great' in the pictures but they look awesome in sun light / in person .
Who says it does not look great in the photos. They do look great. Congrats for the new rims.
Old 5th June 2009, 21:01   #265
Senior - BHPian

Rims look amazing karan
and i bet they would look better while the car is in motion
Old 5th June 2009, 21:14   #266
Senior - BHPian

rims look great but im sure they look better in the day.everytime i see this car i cant stop dreaming about getting one for myself

rev
Old 5th June 2009, 21:29   #267
Senior - BHPian

They don't look amazing. I would call many rims in real life pathetic in that case.

Looking Fabulous Karan.
Great Choice. ( Actually there wasn't a need to mention this, everybody knows about it )
Old 5th June 2009, 22:16   #268
Senior - BHPian

hey the rims look sexy on the M3! btw those are from which manufacturer?
Old 6th June 2009, 00:15   #269
BHPian

One word - FLOORED! Absolutely stunning!
Old 6th June 2009, 00:56   #270
Senior - BHPian

Great. Seriously. Not a big fan of LEDs on my feet. Too ricer for me. Maybe better in person. Wheels though, yummy.

Most Viewed