Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 13:36   #811
Senior - BHPian

ecks, what made you choose the V8 vantage over the DB9/DBS? IMO they look better than the Vantage with similar performance. I haven't driven either, just my 2 cents
Old 9th September 2009, 13:54   #812
BHPian

Money doesnt guarantee class and good choice.

Thank God you have all three !!
Wish I had just 1 of the cars from your garage ..

Congrats .. great buy .. looks stunning in white..Ever i visit you town .. I would be one " Maan na maan mein tera mehman " !
Old 9th September 2009, 14:04   #813
BHPian

@ Ecks: something for you to consider next SERIOUSLY to make a real dream garage.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...cial-pics.html
Old 10th September 2009, 03:50   #814
Senior - BHPian

Since you particularly like the white, I suggest the Hellvellyn Frost by MW Design Technik if you're looking to upgrade.
Old 10th September 2009, 13:26   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Since you particularly like the white, I suggest the Hellvellyn Frost by MW Design Technik if you're looking to upgrade.
I don't think Ecks would go for that upgrade. Because after looking at it, the ground clearance of that car is not fit for Indian roads. Which in the end wouldn't be able practical and would be just like his Lambo, as he the ground clearance is too low and he can't take it out. Just my opiion.
Old 12th September 2009, 19:26   #816
BHPian

so ecks, any updates on the Vantage?? has it left british shores yet??
Old 12th September 2009, 20:03   #817
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous. Everytime I come back to this thread after a couple of weeks there's eight new cylinders in the garage

I've checked out the white Vantage in Mumbai real close, and heard it roaring about too. The rims on both the cars are the same, and they look fabulous. Maybe you should stick to them, but oh well, nothing like black rims (chrome lip?)
Old 12th September 2009, 20:06   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Ridiculous. Everytime I come back to this thread after a couple of weeks there's eight new cylinders in the garage

I've checked out the white Vantage in Mumbai real close, and heard it roaring about too. The rims on both the cars are the same, and they look fabulous. Maybe you should stick to them, but oh well, nothing like black rims (chrome lip?)
HAHAHA!! eight cylinders per month!!! thats a nice way of putting it!!
Old 12th September 2009, 23:25   #819
Team-BHP Support

@ Ecks

I'm surprised you're not a fan of classic sports cars. Not that you're current garage is below par. It's not a step short of extreme! But, somehow, with that money, this would be my dream garage-

1. Lamborghini Diablo SV
2. Aston Martin DB5
3. Porsche 911 type 964/2.7 RS/2.8 RSR/3.0 RSR
4. Ferrari 246 GT Dino
5. Ferrari 355 Spyder
6. BMW E30 M3
7. '67 Ford Mustang Fastback
8. Mercedes Benz 280SE Cabriolet
9. Mercedes Benz 300SL
10. Lamborghini Miura
11. Porsche 356 Spyder
12. Jaguar E-Type

Have you considered picking up one of these? I guarantee you, no modern car would ever make you feel as special as the cars I've mentioned above. Modern cars may be faster, quicker and more powerful, but the feeling of driving a hand crafted piece of history is unparalleled!

You're collection is brilliant, however!
Old 13th September 2009, 08:01   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
@ Ecks

I'm surprised you're not a fan of classic sports cars. Not that you're current garage is below par. It's not a step short of extreme! But, somehow, with that money, this would be my dream garage-

1. Lamborghini Diablo SV
2. Aston Martin DB5
4. Ferrari 246 GT Dino
5. Ferrari 355 Spyder
6. BMW E30 M3
9. Mercedes Benz 300SL
10. Lamborghini Miura
11. Porsche 356 Spyder
12. Jaguar E-Type

Have you considered picking up one of these? I guarantee you, no modern car would ever make you feel as special as the cars I've mentioned above. Modern cars may be faster, quicker and more powerful, but the feeling of driving a hand crafted piece of history is unparalleled!

If you would've kept with the thread. Similar questions have been asked. The reason why he doesn't get such cars such as the Jaguar, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Mustangs, etc. is because there is no servicing for these exotics. Even though he has a Lambo he's not really satisfied with the poor servicing, and also not to mention the poor Indian roads.
Old 13th September 2009, 10:59   #821
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
If you would've kept with the thread. Similar questions have been asked. The reason why he doesn't get such cars such as the Jaguar, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Mustangs, etc. is because there is no servicing for these exotics. Even though he has a Lambo he's not really satisfied with the poor servicing, and also not to mention the poor Indian roads.
I personally know a number of individuals with classic sports cars in India and in Bangalore an they're more than happy with the scenario. Classic cars, somehow have been slightly easier to maintain and service due to their simple running parts and straightforward mechanical components. The newer breed of sports cars have electronics and more complicated mechanical components that are harder to replace.

The only grouse is scouring for the parts that need replacing. Engineers of various sports car companies are generally flown down from the Middle East/UK to undertake in-house servicing. These mechanics are, more often than not, trained to service classic cars as well.

If these modern day supercars can be driven on our roads, then these classic cars are no different.

Ecks, I suggest you give this some thought. It's a fantastic proposition. And they could be considered as a life time investment as well.

P.S. I am a huge Porsche fan, and I'd love it if you could post some of your old Carrera pictures if you happen to have them. I think that Porsches are the best sports cars in the world. They may not be as fast or as good looking, but they are precision driving instruments that reflects one's fine automotive tastes. It's a symbol of passion and automotive nirvana. By all means, it's not owned merely to flaunt one's wealth. Porsche's are one of the finest sports cars ever made, with the backing of heritage and finesse.

I highly respect an individual who has owned or owns a Porsche.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:18   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I personally know a number of individuals with classic sports cars in India and in Bangalore an they're more than happy with the scenario. Classic cars, somehow have been slightly easier to maintain and service due to their simple running parts and straightforward mechanical components.
What I mean by this is that classic sports cars are easier to run if maintained extremely well and are in pristine condition. A modern day sports car would however, not command high maintainability as they would not demand constant attention. Classic cars however, require high levels of attention from their owners. But if that attention is delivered, classic sports cars will run as well as modern day sports cars.

Despite simple running parts, they may require scrutiny as one would be aware of the fact that they tend to wear out with age. Our modern day sports cars would have that problem 20 years from now and will also have added problems regarding the electronics and wiring that are fewer in our classic cars of today.

Sorry for going a bit
Old 13th September 2009, 12:24   #823
BHPian

i guess those cars you mentioned suhaas, are going to be hard to get hold of in India aswell. i guess you cant import one and have it registered as it cars older than 3 years cannot be imported and registered. this is just my understanding of the subject though..
Old 13th September 2009, 13:10   #824
BHPian

Quote:
@ Ecks

1. Lamborghini Diablo SV
2. Aston Martin DB5
4. Ferrari 246 GT Dino
5. Ferrari 355 Spyder
6. BMW E30 M3
9. Mercedes Benz 300SL
10. Lamborghini Miura
11. Porsche 356 Spyder
12. Jaguar E-Type

Who told you olden sports cars where/are easier to maintain?
Out of the collection you mentioned, do you know that F355 is still one of the costiliest ferrari on maintenance?
And yes ferrari's are still handcrafted.

Secondly there is no Porsche 356 spyder but it's the 356 Speedster.
The spyder was available in Porsche 550.
So you suggest him a 1950's car? Do you know how hard it is to find?

Infact locating the spares for old models is way too hard, and in India if there is a breakdown, expect much trouble.

Suggesting is easy man, but in reality, its a whole different scenario.
Don't be offended.

Last edited by Dante : 13th September 2009 at 13:11.
Old 13th September 2009, 13:21   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Who told you olden sports cars where/are easier to maintain?
Out of the collection you mentioned, do you know that F355 is still one of the costiliest ferrari on maintenance?
And yes ferrari's are still handcrafted.

Secondly there is no Porsche 356 spyder but it's the 356 Speedster.
The spyder was available in Porsche 550.
So you suggest him a 1950's car? Do you know how hard it is to find?

Infact locating the spares for old models is way too hard, and in India if there is a breakdown, expect much trouble.

Suggesting is easy man, but in reality, its a whole different scenario.
Don't be offended.
1. What I'm trying to say is that Ferrari's don't feel as special as they used to. I don't want a Ferrari that tells me when to change gears and controls swapping of cogs with a 32 million bit microprocessor. Today's Ferraris are all computers on wheels. No offence to the Ferrari lovers here.

2. I meant Porsche 356 Speedster. Not Spyder. That was a typo. Sorry about that.

3. Refer my post after that. I agree that they are hard to find, but that's the whole point isn't it? You want exclusivity? Get a classic sports car. I do have a couple of UK magazines and the classifieds are unbelievable.

4. I know plenty of classic sports car owners who have maintained their cars and they run as well or even better than modern sports cars. An old car will never break down if you take care of them well.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th September 2009 at 13:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks