Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 12:06   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Still no word on the GTR but I do have some other information to share . I have sold off the white M3 to a buyer in Delhi and got a 2008 JB(jerez black) 6sp M3! I got a really good deal on the black M3 and I couldn't resist. I handed over the white M3 as a stock car and took off all my mods , which are being transferred on the black M3 as we speak. Will get the car by evening today and will post pictures.
Now as to why I did so? Well the feeling of rowing through gears and driving that high revving V8 in manual config was too good to resist + I can now comfortably bolt on the supercharger and get 630+ Hp from this motor and strengthen the transmission.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 25th December 2009 at 12:08.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:15   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Still no word on the GTR but I do have some other information to share . I have sold off the white M3 to a buyer in Delhi and got a 2008 JB(jerez black) 6sp M3! I got a really good deal on the black M3 and I couldn't resist. I handed over the white M3 as a stock car and took off all my mods , which are being transferred on the black M3 as we speak. Will get the car by evening today and will post pictures.
Now as to why I did so? Well the feeling of rowing through gears and driving that high revving V8 in manual config was too good to resist + I can now comfortably bolt on the supercharger and get 630+ Hp from this motor and strengthen the transmission.
Sweeet !!!! Now we'll get to see some real power coming outta that monster.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:24   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
That's a BIG christmas gift ! Congratulations !
Old 25th December 2009, 13:32   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Karan, dude you never fails to give 'jhatka' to me at times. Lol, congrats on the swap. Im sure the mods wil look killer in black.

Bro,Mind to clear my doubts -

1. As you mentioned you got back all mods, i hope you did'nt get the aftermarket bootlid. As it wont be of any use to you.

2. Afaik, only the 09 M3 gets the updated idrive. Wont you feel somewhat odd with the older version.

3. Black M3 with Black Rims. Black GTR with Black Rims(stock). Sounds/Looks right ?? Repetition probs.

4. Are'nt you gonna miss the Fox Red interiors ? I was in Love with your choice.

Again, congrats on the buy. Have fun with the Stick. ;-)
Old 25th December 2009, 13:41   #1415
Team-BHP Support

There is nothing like swapping cogs with a stick shifter!

Congratulations Karan. Looking forward to the Dinan Stroker and the Supercharger! It should have enough jizz to send you to orbit and back!
Old 25th December 2009, 14:08   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Karan, dude you never fails to give 'jhatka' to me at times. Lol, congrats on the swap. Im sure the mods wil look killer in black.

Bro,Mind to clear my doubts -

1. As you mentioned you got back all mods, i hope you did'nt get the aftermarket bootlid. As it wont be of any use to you.

2. Afaik, only the 09 M3 gets the updated idrive. Wont you feel somewhat odd with the older version.

3. Black M3 with Black Rims. Black GTR with Black Rims(stock). Sounds/Looks right ?? Repetition probs.

4. Are'nt you gonna miss the Fox Red interiors ? I was in Love with your choice.

Again, congrats on the buy. Have fun with the Stick. ;-)
I think you aren't very clear on what you wish to say, but let me try and make some sense here.

1 - Why won't it be of any use to me? The fact that I am getting a new trunk lid of a different style is another issue, but what makes you think it won't be of any use?

2 - Yes but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

3 - What's wrong with that?

4 - Again, not a deal breaker. And I will be swapping the interior with the FR soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There is nothing like swapping cogs with a stick shifter!

Congratulations Karan. Looking forward to the Dinan Stroker and the Supercharger! It should have enough jizz to send you to orbit and back!
Werd! Will keep you posted on that front!
Old 25th December 2009, 14:29   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Nice one ecks, there really is nothing like the feeling of slotting gears and working the clutch! Black M3's have killer looks

Enjoy your ride and do post pics!

cheers
Old 25th December 2009, 14:53   #1418
BHPian

Karan paaji congrays on black M3. What about the pics of same.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:28   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you aren't very clear on what you wish to say, but let me try and make some sense here.

1 - Why won't it be of any use to me? The fact that I am getting a new trunk lid of a different style is another issue, but what makes you think it won't be of any use?

2 - Yes but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

3 - What's wrong with that?

4 - Again, not a deal breaker. And I will be swapping the interior with the FR soon.

Werd! Will keep you posted on that front!
Gosh, Looks like i messed it up.

1. I asked cos the bootlid is a different color. My Bad.

2. I personally felt the new idrive was better and convenient to use. Also have the 'Back' button. If you are fine with that. Well,My Bad.

3. I too love the color combo. But, your garage was a pleasure to see with varied and vibrant colors.And now it alredy have 3-4 blacks. Nothing wrong at all, just felt like asking. Hence asked.

4. Im glad you are getting the FR interiors. Cheers.

Merry Christmas !
Old 25th December 2009, 15:33   #1420
Senior - BHPian

1 - Yes the bootlid is of a different color but could have been painted to JB.

2 - I also like the new idrive. I am getting the switches and buttons swapped to the new idrive. The screen however, can not be changed.

3 - The GTR's entry into our garage is very doubtful as it stands now, so no black there. =)

4 - Thanks mate.
Old 25th December 2009, 17:55   #1421
Senior - BHPian

an M3 exhanged for an M3! whoa..i've never heard that before! But seriously, a M/T is anyday more exciting than A/T. Congrats! If you don't mind, could i ask you how much did your M3 go for and how much did the 1year old M3 cost you?
Anyways here's a black M3 with black rims similar to yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-user518_pic283_1238915939.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 18:13   #1422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
an M3 exhanged for an M3! whoa..i've never heard that before! But seriously, a M/T is anyday more exciting than A/T. Congrats! If you don't mind, could i ask you how much did your M3 go for and how much did the 1year old M3 cost you?
Thank for the picture mate! Boy does it look tasty! This is the convertible though! A black M3 with black BBS CHs would look super!
Old 25th December 2009, 18:18   #1423
Senior - BHPian

That's cool! 630+hp on an M3 sounds scary!
Congrats
Old 25th December 2009, 18:27   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Ecksreturns's BBS ch r also got that red lip . Now that will gel even better with the black M3 .
Old 25th December 2009, 19:35   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ecks!
Black on black has always been a killer combination!

Eagerly awaiting the pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks