Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 22:11   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thank for the picture mate! Boy does it look tasty! This is the convertible though! A black M3 with black BBS CHs would look super!
I think you meant coupe, right?

@ecks congratulations dude. Nice ride, we all waiting for the GTR as well. The wait is killing but as the saying goes, no pain no gain

Merry X'mas everyone.
Old 25th December 2009, 22:16   #1427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I think you meant coupe, right?

@ecks congratulations dude. Nice ride, we all waiting for the GTR as well. The wait is killing but as the saying goes, no pain no gain

Merry X'mas everyone.
Sniper,

Take a good hard long look at the roof. The black M3 in the previous page is a convertible with the top up. The M3 is also available in 'Hard Top Convertible' guise in case you'd want that wind-in-the-hair experience coupled with that seat-of-the-pants feel as well! (And of course the complete security that a Hard Top provides)

Merry Christmas to you too!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th December 2009 at 22:18.
Old 25th December 2009, 22:25   #1428
Senior - BHPian

^^My bad, did not see it closely.

Cheers!
Old 25th December 2009, 22:32   #1429
BHPian

He sold his CH-R too.Now i would say BBS FI .The 19" is just 7.4 KGs
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-fi-m3.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 00:18   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
He sold his CH-R too.Now i would say BBS FI .The 19" is just 7.4 KGs
I don't know who is feeding you such info but I have not sold them.

Just got back from the workshop 30 mins ago. The difference in character b/w the dct and M/T is right there. It just feels so much more alive and real now. I have to drive it for a week or so just to get in sync with this new experience. Even though the car is the same, but it just feels different.
Old 26th December 2009, 01:05   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Guys, the GTR is ready in England but the export documents , that were to come from Japan , have still not arrived. I am going to wait till the 28th at the most , if they do not arrive till then, then the GTR is canceled and I will look into other options , as is turning out to be a blocked investment. I jumped the gun on this black one (the Gunmetal silver was my original choice) thinking that it will arrive sooner. Since that is not turning out to be the case due to uncontrollable delays, then I might as well get something else.
Hey ecks, I just noticed that you've taken the Nissan GTR off your signature. Does that mean the Godzilla won't make it to your garage? If so, what have you planned to get instead of it?

Last edited by Turbojc : 26th December 2009 at 01:06.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:00   #1432
Senior - BHPian

The December issue of Top Gear(India) has a story on tuned GT-Rs in LA.
It's interesting to know that Nissan billed the R35 GT-R as the car 'impossible' to tune. Until the car was handed to two blokes in LA, one a software engineer and another a mechanical, who cracked the car's ECU in 3 months! These guys tweak and modify the thing until it screams for mercy! Now 8 out of 10 R-35 GT-Rs in the US are tuned by them.
For GT-R owners, tuning their cars is not a privilege, but a right of GT-R ownership.
Ecks plz get ur GT-R asap!

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th December 2009 at 11:02.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:40   #1433
Senior - BHPian

I get Top gear UK from UK directly every month , so what you read now , I have already read 2 months ago. Whatever I plan to get will be exciting, exclusive and special.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:43   #1434
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the "new" M3 !

Quote:
2 - I also like the new idrive. I am getting the switches and buttons swapped to the new idrive. The screen however, can not be changed.
Is the dealership able to do this and upload the new software + keys/knobs to the old iDrive? We have two 5 series, one was bought in 2007 and one early this year. However I use the 2007 one as it has the more powerful engine of the two but sadly that came with the old iDrive and I much prefer the newer knobs on our second car. Do let me know if and how you manage to get this done, i'd like to do the same.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:07   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats on the "new" M3 !

Is the dealership able to do this and upload the new software + keys/knobs to the old iDrive? We have two 5 series, one was bought in 2007 and one early this year. However I use the 2007 one as it has the more powerful engine of the two but sadly that came with the old iDrive and I much prefer the newer knobs on our second car. Do let me know if and how you manage to get this done, i'd like to do the same.
Not only can you change the knobs but also get the new idrive system retro-fitted. My dealership guys did not know much either so I found them a link on m3post and they are reviewing it as I write this. Its very very expensive I believe but totally worth it.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:28   #1436
BHPian

this experience must have been fun. no 3 months waiting and no delays and stuff.
congrats sirji.
Abt the GTR, when you booked it you must have paid for it, then you got a matte wrap on it for another 5000GBP (or euros) and now you are cancelling it.
does that mean your importer will resell it as a used car here or will it not be brought down here at all?
Old 26th December 2009, 12:57   #1437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not only can you change the knobs but also get the new idrive system retro-fitted. My dealership guys did not know much either so I found them a link on m3post and they are reviewing it as I write this. Its very very expensive I believe but totally worth it.
Send me the link please.
Old 26th December 2009, 14:45   #1438
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Great news about the new M3. Congratulations!!
Old 26th December 2009, 15:57   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RANSM View Post
Not sure what your plans are for your new beast bro but if you're planning to modify or tune it you can't go past Willall Racing. Lot of local guys in Sydney have used Willall racing and they were amazed with the amount of gains. They do have distributor in Bangalore as well - RaceTech.
Check out their website
Willall Racing

The guy (Martin Donnon) is on SAU forum - www.skylilnesaustralia.com and a very friendly bloke.

Thought you would be interested in case you are planning something in future although you do know your stuf pretty well
the GT-R from HYD has also been tuned by the RaceTech guys.In deccan quarter mile-3, the GT-R clocked 12.126 but after getting it tuned it clocked 11.486 at deccan quarter mile-4
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-12345.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-1234.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2009, 23:36   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Are you not getting the GT-R, ecks? I see you've taken it off your signature!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks