Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 14:21   #1501
BHPian

ecks totally forgot to ask you. will your DBS be the first in india??

Last edited by bivin : 10th January 2010 at 14:22.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:26   #1502
BHPian

A pic of two Calis I saw in Dubai 2 months ago. One with the top on and one without.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-tell-you..jpg
Old 10th January 2010, 14:27   #1503
Senior - BHPian

I kinda guessed that it would be either DBS or V12V. But all cheers for the color. I was stunned the moment i saw the Lightning silver DBS in some TG video/article. Great choice bro, any particular reason for the Manual tranny or was that availability issues. You have lately developed a softcorner for MT's over DCT's. Way to go !

OT- start practicing the 'Bond' way of life "The name is S, KDS"
Old 10th January 2010, 15:03   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Isnt the AM DBS the only V12 with a 6speed manual available?
If you meant that if its available in 6sp only, then no , it is also available in the 'touchtronic 2' configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
ecks totally forgot to ask you. will your DBS be the first in india??
That would be the case bivin. There are a few DB9's and V8V's but no DBS so far , as far as we all know. No pictures on tbhp + I don't know of any DBS in the supercar circle, so none so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
A pic of two Calis I saw in Dubai 2 months ago. One with the top on and one without.
Thanks man! Mine would look like the one on the left of the screen. Same rims , interior and ext color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I kinda guessed that it would be either DBS or V12V. But all cheers for the color. I was stunned the moment i saw the Lightning silver DBS in some TG video/article. Great choice bro, any particular reason for the Manual tranny or was that availability issues. You have lately developed a softcorner for MT's over DCT's. Way to go !

OT- start practicing the 'Bond' way of life "The name is S, KDS"
Well you need to experience the M3 in DCT and 6sp to know the difference in feel. The DCT M3 felt like a video game experience and the 6sp feels much much more real. And to enjoy that sonorous V12 in the DBS , I just had to choose the 6sp. Proper man's stuff. But the California will be with the DSG gearbox .
Old 10th January 2010, 15:38   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Oh life is going to be infused in this thread. My latest import , after I canceled the GTR , should be arriving in 10 days. No hints this time , other than the fact that it has a very nasal V12 under the hood and its a 6speed manual ! No speculation please, as the mods do not allow for it. And I will post updated pictures of the M3 soon , with new rims/tires/trunk and supercharger.
wow! I never expected a V12 reply!! The DBS is an amazing car. It's every boy's dream to drive an Aston Martin at least once in his life. You're blessed to own one so early! Congrats!
Now, I have to find time to come to Chandigarh and see that DBS in the flesh!
And congrats on the California too! There's a lot of time for that one to arrive, so the excitement is only for the AM now.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:00   #1506
BHPian

What replacements for the zilla !! wow !!
Bro , amazing chocics of the cars as well as the colours !! So 2 more exotics going to be in town !

9 more days and a Silver DBS on the streets of Chandigarh !!! WOW!! Super excited !

Last edited by smalhotra_93 : 10th January 2010 at 16:03.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:27   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Great choice!
But won't the DBS be too low for Indian roads?!
Old 10th January 2010, 16:38   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Great choice!
But won't the DBS be too low for Indian roads?!
Not very low , but low indeed. I did some extensive research and it turns out that one needs to angle it over speed bumps and it'll be fine. That's why it is such a good GT car.
Old 10th January 2010, 17:19   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic stuff - congrats bro!

Please do post the updated pics of your M3
Old 10th January 2010, 19:14   #1510
BHPian

Congrats on the two sweet rides Ecks. One of my friends dad owns a DB9, and that growls amazingly on low revvs, so I can imagine how the DBS V12 would be.

By the way, I found it never-racking to drive the beemer in Mumbai especially on the speedbreakers. I don't know how you pull it off with supercars! There must a secret to mastering such skills. Haha
Old 10th January 2010, 19:16   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Oh this is nirvana!!!! Belated Christmas presents to us eh, Karan?? This is proper drool stuff!!! Can't wait!
Old 10th January 2010, 19:40   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Folks in here defenitly deserve some teasers ! Guys, Just look at the Crystal key inserted in the centre console. Drool Stuff !
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-aston_martindbs_lightning_silver_2008_800x600_wallpaper_3a.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-cdf6120c.jpg  

Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-aston_martindbs_lightning_silver_2008_800x600_wallpaper_47.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 10th January 2010 at 19:42.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:52   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Congrats on the two sweet rides Ecks. One of my friends dad owns a DB9, and that growls amazingly on low revvs, so I can imagine how the DBS V12 would be.

By the way, I found it never-racking to drive the beemer in Mumbai especially on the speedbreakers. I don't know how you pull it off with supercars! There must a secret to mastering such skills. Haha
Bro , I have no idea where you come up with such conundrums. I have the M3 lowered with lowering springs and use 20" rims and never once have I even remotely touched or scraped any speed breaker in Chandigarh or delhi. You must be riding around the bad parts of Bombay to experience such stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Oh this is nirvana!!!! Belated Christmas presents to us eh, Karan?? This is proper drool stuff!!! Can't wait!
Can't wait either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Folks in here defenitly deserve some teasers ! Guys, Just look at the Crystal key inserted in the centre console. Drool Stuff !
Thanks Scorchy!
Old 10th January 2010, 20:19   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Karan. The DBS is a great GT unlike the V12 Vantage that is can't make up it's mind about whether it's a Grand Tourer or a Sports Car!

I see the California in your tag now. One question. Why not the 458 Italia? Because the California is sort of a GT itself and you'd have two grand tourers in your garage then.

Anyway, good stuff!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th January 2010 at 20:36.
Old 10th January 2010, 20:34   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Suhaas, my father loves the california , so its more for his sake than mine. As such I do not like the looks of the 458 at all. The Cali is a great GT car that is pretty fast , exactly what I look for ,in India.

Most Viewed