Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 05:40   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Hahaha, it's definitely not 070! lol.
Well I guessed, I must be wrong, it was just a guess.
Old 9th May 2009, 06:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hey buddy , coming up with such statements won't get you any candy credits with any one . And it certainly won't help you get any business from me now onwards.

Enjoy your evening and kudos to the person who has driven and enjoyed and owned all the good cars. I am sure he will enjoy many more cars. I am just a 20 year old guy with much more to come in life , so lets hope I can "beat that statement" in another few years. And please , if you can't give names then don't bother posting and just PM the person concerned with your comment in the future , as your post is irrelevant to this discussion.
Dude KD chill bruv. Does it matter even if his statement is true? It doesn't take away from the fact that you have one of the best garages on BHP. We all know of others in India who have some crazy cars that may take the cake, but hey it's not a competition out here. All us normal folk still envy you and all those other above average joes for the toys ya'll have!

PS: To add fuel to the fire, I've seen garages with more exotics - IN INDIA
Old 9th May 2009, 07:47   #48
BHPian

Well I'm underage to officially drive, but I have driven a:

1. Jaguary S-Type - Drove it - Own It
2. BMW 7 Series - Been Driven In It - Don't Mind Owning it.
Old 9th May 2009, 08:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Porsche 997 911 Carrera/ Carrera S- Own it - Driven it
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - Own it - Drive it
BMW E92 M3 - Own it - Drive it
Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Own it - Driven it
BMW new gen 750Li - Own it - Driven it
RR Phantom - Own it - Been Driven in it
Porsche 993 911 Turbo - Driven it
Audi RS4 - Own it - Driven it
Quite 'remarkable' achievement I must say for a student living in Chandigarh.

Last edited by akj53 : 9th May 2009 at 08:09. Reason: made it short
Old 9th May 2009, 08:21   #50
BHPian

Ohh and I also forget to mention

1. BMW 328i - Drove it - Owned it
Old 9th May 2009, 09:55   #51
BHPian

yeah....070...damn what a joke!!!!

So now people competing with who owns the best and drove the best eh...hmmm...interesting thread
Old 9th May 2009, 10:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Dude KD chill bruv. Does it matter even if his statement is true? It doesn't take away from the fact that you have one of the best garages on BHP. We all know of others in India who have some crazy cars that may take the cake, but hey it's not a competition out here. All us normal folk still envy you and all those other above average joes for the toys ya'll have!

PS: To add fuel to the fire, I've seen garages with more exotics - IN INDIA
I understand that brother . I humbly apologize to everyone here for that brash reply. It is just that fireblader is not adding to the value of this thread by saying "someone has a better garage but HEY I can't take his name" . As per BHP rules , I am sure if a post is not adding value to the discussion , it is irrelevant .
On a little OT note , Fireblader and I were in the process of getting business done for parts that I wanted for my M3 . But when he comes with a statement that is a little degrading IMO , it surprises me a little more. One could have simply said that "hey , every one has a nice garage here , but I know of some one who simply takes the take , but I wish to respect his privacy" . Now I would've respected such a statement , but I realized that no one is perfect . So I am sorry fellow brothers and I agree that my reply was not conforming of my nature. Sorry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Quite 'remarkable' achievement I must say for a student living in Chandigarh.
I do not know if your post is a compliment or a sarcastic comment. When it is clear , then I shall respond like wise.

EDIT - Rosh aveo - This is not a competition . So keep your pop corn away . I have not even completed a 10th of my collection , and I do not wish to compete. I found firebladers comment degrading , in my opinion , so I responded. Period.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 9th May 2009 at 10:07.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hardly anything compared to the highly impressive lists above:

Drove - 2000 BMW 330ci. Fell in love with Beemers after this experience. I had plans of owning one of these when I was in the US, but didn't work out.

Was driven in - 2002 Porsche Carrera. Loved it!
Old 9th May 2009, 10:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I understand that brother . I humbly apologize to everyone here for that brash reply. It is just that fireblader is not adding to the value of this thread by saying "someone has a better garage but HEY I can't take his name" . As per BHP rules , I am sure if a post is not adding value to the discussion , it is irrelevant .
On a little OT note , Fireblader and I were in the process of getting business done for parts that I wanted for my M3 . But when he comes with a statement that is a little degrading IMO , it surprises me a little more. One could have simply said that "hey , every one has a nice garage here , but I know of some one who simply takes the take , but I wish to respect his privacy" . Now I would've respected such a statement , but I realized that no one is perfect . So I am sorry fellow brothers and I agree that my reply was not conforming of my nature. Sorry .
KD,

I did not mean any offence to anyone by what I said in my post. What you have said in your post is exactly what I wanted to say but I guess I framed it differently and you interepreted in a different way.

No offence again. Cheers.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I realized that man . That is why I apologized. Sorry again for that stupid reply of mine. Hope to see my BMC filter before I leave.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:33   #56
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Lexus SC430-Driven It- Also touched its top speed

Range Rover Vogue-Driven It- Handles like a boat

BMW X5-Driven It-Done off roading also

Porsche Cayenne V6-Driven It- Amazing sound

Chrysler 300 C- Driven It- Turns a lot of heads

BMW 525d-Driven It- Cuts through the road like butter

E280 CDI- Driven It/Own one- Effortless Drive

C200 K-Driven/own one- Easy to drive

All driven in Goa and all cars in the family.
300 is in the lines of exotic?

Old 9th May 2009, 11:52   #57
BHPian

Chill Ecks...keep in mind that not everything that is said in this forum always points to you...my comment was generally posted when I noticed guys started replying one after the another when you mentioned the cars you own/drive, which I follow up regularly (amazing collection and pics of cars that you own by the way)...so yeah...no need to be very defensive. However, if you do feel offended in any way with my 'pop corn' statement, well, my applogies then :-)
Good that things ended well anyway.
And oh yeah...do share the remaining part of your collection, pics and all (the ones maybe not mentioned in your signature)...that would be really neat!!!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 9th May 2009 at 12:10.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

It's indeed a great thread, congrats D-Man for the novel idea! But I suggest that you may edit it to 'the best automobiles driven in flesh', as most of us might have also enjoyed the drive of two wheelers or more wheelers.

Anyway I would like to list out a dozen of such autos which is so far the best I've driven & comes to my mind first - but by crossing the barrier of just cars.

1. Mercedes Actros - 4840 (8x4) & 3340 (6x4) - the most exciting automobile I ever drivern.

2. Mercedes G-class (G55 AMG & 300GD) - best of two worlds; the best off-roader + the best power horse among 'sports' utility car!

3. Mercedes S500 (W221) - nothing more than 'the best car in the world'.

4. Rolls Royce Phantom (EWB) - a real king's chariot!

5. Bentley Arnage RL - even the Queen E is being driven on the same platform!

6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - a real hardcore sports machine.

7. Mercedes SL63 AMG - best value for money super car!

8. BMW 650i - the best & my favorite BMW from bangle era!

9. BMW 530i - as well know - it is the best driver's car!

10. Suzuki Boulevard - the biggest bike ever driven, but never felt its size, so balanced.

11. Honda CBR Fireblade (2004) - well appointed super bike than the too light ones of today!

12. Porsche Cayenne S - the best SUV for the urban drive!

Last edited by hanmust : 9th May 2009 at 13:55.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:04   #59
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
It's indeed a great thread, congrats D-Man for the novel idea! But I suggest that you may edit it to 'the best automobiles driven in flesh', as most of us might have also enjoyed the drive of two wheelers or more wheelers.

Anyway I would like to list out a dozen of such autos which is so far the best I've driven & comes to my mind first - but by crossing the barrier of just cars.

1. Mercedes Actros - 4840 (8x4) & 3340 (6x4) - the most exciting automobile I ever drivern.

2. Mercedes G-class (G55 AMG & 300GD) - best of two worlds; the best off-roader + the best power horse among 'sports' utility car!

3. Mercedes S500 (W221) - nothing more than 'the best car in the world'.

4. Rolls Royce Phantom (EWB) - a real king's chariot!

5. Bentley Arnage RL - even the Queen E is being driven on the same platform!

6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - a real hardcore sports machine.

8. BMW 650i - the best & my favorite BMW from bangle era!

9. BMW 530i - as well know - it is the best driver's car!

10. Suzuki Boulevard - the biggest bike ever driven, but never felt its size, so balanced.

11. Honda CBR Fireblade (2004) - well appointed super bike than the too light ones of today!

12. Porsche Cayenne S - the best SUV for the urban drive!
Hanmust thanks for the kind words. You actually read my mind. I was thinking about changing the title myself. Since I read many enjoyed 300, Mustang (its not a exotic in most places), Range Rover (common brit car) so I think I meant Best Auto driven by you. I do remember I enjoyed driving our trucks lol; especially the one with sign 'horn ok please'
Amen to your suggestion

Old 9th May 2009, 14:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

Not invading your right to opinion , but it is not even close the 'value for money' . I guess you have not experienced the SL55 then . This 63 is a pig and is grossly over priced.

Most Viewed